or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3857  

post #57841 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post

Someone listed all the models in the upcoming sale recectly. It listed McCallisters with Dainite and combination soles. Does this mean that regular soles won't be on sale? Also, would I be better off getting a Jefferson for $389 instead of a sale priced McCallister?


Pretty sure the retail store sale included the McAllister with all possible soles (meaning the regular sole was also in there) - although I personally would much rather have the Danite or the combo.

 

I tried on the Jefferson late last year - I would say it is definitely better than the McAllister.  Is it worth $389 vs $279?  Up to you...it did go for $349 last year.  I think a shell second would be more worth it.

post #57842 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post
 

 

Are you talking about the Swims loafers? 


This is kind of like getting caught by the teacher in class :) Sorry, I was just kidding around.  But I will say that while I understand AE has to sort of reach out and try new things, it is one thing to make Neumoks, Strandmoks and Rush Streets in all kinds of different colors, it is another thing to make things like Desoto/Concordia (which I think have embarrassing quality), rebranded Swims, and even a flip flop (!) The fact that the Rogue & Oak Street also came out still gives me faith that they will continue to produce quality products.

post #57843 of 70737

Last question:

I'm normally a 9.5d in the 65 last pretty much across the board. Although I do have 2 pairs of 9e in the 65 last. I'm interested in a Leeds, but have never tried on the 511 last. Any sizing differences that you gents have experienced that I should be aware of?  Please let me know!

post #57844 of 70737
Saw this on eBay and thought it was worth sharing:

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0.||B2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/mens-allen-edmonds-Shellton-green-Red-suede-lace-up-oxfords-shoes-size-9-D-/131477866356?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9cb10774

Don't think I'd pay $200, especially with the likely price paid ($25) still marked on the sole.
post #57845 of 70737

Do you still have the Black Hills? I'm considering buying a pair from the Shoe Bank and was wondering how they've held up and what you think of the walnut color (which seems a bit darker than the regular walnut color Allen Edmonds uses).

post #57846 of 70737

What does it mean if the crease on my daltons are right below the medallion but above the wing? (not sure if that's the right way to describe it). Could they be a little too long? I love how they feel, was just wondering if anybody else has a similar crease. Its a straight line so it is pretty noticeable

 

It's kind of like getting a crease on the cap of a shoe :(..I still love them was just wondering if maybe I should order a smaller size for the next pair . One shoe and perfect and the other has that crease.I hate how it's a mystery until you wear them!

post #57847 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHouston View Post
 

Last question:

I'm normally a 9.5d in the 65 last pretty much across the board. Although I do have 2 pairs of 9e in the 65 last. I'm interested in a Leeds, but have never tried on the 511 last. Any sizing differences that you gents have experienced that I should be aware of?  Please let me know!

Unfortunately I can't give you a definitive answer - it will really depend on you.  I take the same size in the 65 and the 511.  In the 65, lengthwise I have plenty of room - the shoes bend in the "right" spot, they don't really crease and they are pretty comfortable.  In the 511, I have about a thumbnail's width to the end of the shoe - much much less than with the 65, but still plenty for me.  If you don't have much room with the 65 in a 9.5, you'll have trouble with the 511 as it is much shorter in length. 

 

I take the same width in both also, but I will point out that the majority of the 65s (standard leather calf) feel much more narrow/snug than the 511.  So my guess is that you won't need the E, and you'll probably take a 9.5D, but again, don't take my word for it.  Hope this helps.

post #57848 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEgoiste View Post
 

How long usually does the ShoeBank process a return? I returned the merlot Boardroom that I ordered from Riverhead ShoeBank more than a week ago, because the right shoe was significantly tighter, and haven't heard anything from them.


Call them..they forgot about the return until I called. 

post #57849 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb43 View Post
 

What does it mean if the crease on my daltons are right below the medallion but above the wing? (not sure if that's the right way to describe it). Could they be a little too long? I love how they feel, was just wondering if anybody else has a similar crease. Its a straight line so it is pretty noticeable

 

It's kind of like getting a crease on the cap of a shoe :(..I still love them was just wondering if maybe I should order a smaller size for the next pair . One shoe and perfect and the other has that crease.I hate how it's a mystery until you wear them!


Hey, it could be worse - I don't have any creasing on my Daltons and still hate the way they feel for the most part.  Thank god it's getting warmer out - they won't see the outside of my closest for many months...

post #57850 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 


Hey, it could be worse - I don't have any creasing on my Daltons and still hate the way they feel for the most part.  Thank god it's getting warmer out - they won't see the outside of my closest for many months...

 

I love my Daltons (in walnut and dark chocolate) and they're very comfortable.  I'm disappointed they'll be going away for a while.

post #57851 of 70737

Sizing question:

 

8.5E Calf in 5 last..What size for 7 last in shell? Shoebank has 8.5E or 9D. 

 

Thanks in advance!

post #57852 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 

Unfortunately I can't give you a definitive answer - it will really depend on you.  I take the same size in the 65 and the 511.  In the 65, lengthwise I have plenty of room - the shoes bend in the "right" spot, they don't really crease and they are pretty comfortable.  In the 511, I have about a thumbnail's width to the end of the shoe - much much less than with the 65, but still plenty for me.  If you don't have much room with the 65 in a 9.5, you'll have trouble with the 511 as it is much shorter in length. 

 

I take the same width in both also, but I will point out that the majority of the 65s (standard leather calf) feel much more narrow/snug than the 511.  So my guess is that you won't need the E, and you'll probably take a 9.5D, but again, don't take my word for it.  Hope this helps.


Thank you sir!

post #57853 of 70737
I just noticed that the Clark Street will be on sale for less than the price of seconds at the Shoebank.
Is that normal, or will the price of seconds drop too?
post #57854 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb43 View Post

What does it mean if the crease on my daltons are right below the medallion but above the wing? (not sure if that's the right way to describe it). Could they be a little too long? I love how they feel, was just wondering if anybody else has a similar crease. Its a straight line so it is pretty noticeable

It's kind of like getting a crease on the cap of a shoe frown.gif..I still love them was just wondering if maybe I should order a smaller size for the next pair . One shoe and perfect and the other has that crease.I hate how it's a mystery until you wear them!
It actually means they are too short for you.
The ball of your feet is too far forward in the boots hence the boots are creasing too far forward. Get a half size bigger and they would crease back in the proper place on the vamp behind the wing tip.
post #57855 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb43 View Post

What does it mean if the crease on my daltons are right below the medallion but above the wing? (not sure if that's the right way to describe it). Could they be a little too long? I love how they feel, was just wondering if anybody else has a similar crease. Its a straight line so it is pretty noticeable

It's kind of like getting a crease on the cap of a shoe frown.gif..I still love them was just wondering if maybe I should order a smaller size for the next pair . One shoe and perfect and the other has that crease.I hate how it's a mystery until you wear them!

Do you mean that you have a crease across the tip of the wing? I think that's actually pretty common. I've seen lots of people with a crease between the medallion and the end of the wing. AE has sometimes has funky creases regarding toe caps and wingtips...(see the Eagle country boots and Lexington bluchers)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...