or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3851  

post #57751 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmond View Post
 

Funny...

 

I own, probably, 5 pairs of Cole Haan saddle shoes. I will not be getting rid of them.

 

They are not anywhere on the same level of the Allend Edmond Polo, but they are still OK in my book...

I fully expect that I will buy several more pairs of Allen Edmonds. The Strand is on my list...though these rarely go on any big sale.
 


Haha, no worries, I have a pair of Cole Haan Lunargrands that I throw on occasionally myself :)

 

As you stated AE/Polo offerings/Alden are a slight step above in quality which (as you did) you can score good deals at times. Also, the Strand will be a nice addition, shoebank.com will occasionally have it in the lower $200 range during sales, or there's always eBay for a used/cheaper pair

post #57752 of 70737
I think the lunar grand was one of the factors that got me over to AE 😃. I will say though that I don't think the air grant variations are too far inferior than the Ventura highway & I90, but that's as far as I'll go.
post #57753 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoosensuits View Post



Well, I just got my answer. The warwicks run HUGE. Long and wide. I wear a 9.5E in the 108 and my foot was swimming in the same size warwicks. I'd need either a 9.5D or possibly a 9.0E.



I also noticed that the insoles had absolutely no text- has anyone ever seen this? They were advertised as "new with defects" on ebay, so I assume same same as factory seconds. But all of my secones always had the standard allen edmonds and model name stamped on the insole.

 



If you bought it from the reseller on ebay who sells no warranty models (not seconds) it is possible that the warwick has a cushoined insert that was left out. I had that issue with a bleecker street I bought from him. Not sure about the Warwick, but I thought the Rogue had that type of insert which has the labeling, so it may be missing from your shoes.

And I agree, it runs long and wide....
post #57754 of 70737

If the Warwick is built on the same last on the Rogue, then its definitely much bigger than the 5 last.

 

Anyway,  I got my hands on an advanced Copy of the sale.

 

McAllister, vtread, danite - 279

Carlyle - 279

Yukon, South Fork, Sun River, Poplars, Sheridan, most Belts  (not the Manistee, woven or wide) - 69

Lexington, Danite - 279

Jefferson - 389

Grayson - 279

Strandmok - 229

Clark street - 229

Addison - 229

University - 279

Randolph - 279

Exotic belts - 15% off

Cody - 279

Shreveport - 279

Eastport - 139

Interstate 90 - 139

Cedar and shoe care - 15% off

Wallets - 20% off

Wilbert - 249

Arrezo - 279

Verona - 279

Ashton -279

Heritage/Fort Worth - 199

Suit coats, shirts, ties, sunglasses, sock and bags on sale

post #57755 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post
 

If the Warwick is built on the same last on the Rogue, then its definitely much bigger than the 5 last.

 

Anyway,  I got my hands on an advanced Copy of the sale.

 

McAllister, vtread, danite - 279

Carlyle - 279

Yukon, South Fork, Sun River, Poplars, Sheridan, most Belts  (not the Manistee, woven or wide) - 69

Lexington, Danite - 279

Jefferson - 389

Grayson - 279

Strandmok - 229

Clark street - 229

Addison - 229

University - 279

Randolph - 279

Exotic belts - 15% off

Cody - 279

Shreveport - 279

Eastport - 139

Interstate 90 - 139

Cedar and shoe care - 15% off

Wallets - 20% off

Wilbert - 249

Arrezo - 279

Verona - 279

Ashton -279

Heritage/Fort Worth - 199

Suit coats, shirts, ties, sunglasses, sock and bags on sale

 

Thank you for posting this. I'm glad to hear the Carlyle is on that list. It has been next up.

 

 

 

If anyone hasn't investigated Shreveports...If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. 

post #57756 of 70737

Firsts McAllisters for $279... I wonder how much factory-seconds will be.

post #57757 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEgoiste View Post

Firsts McAllisters for $279... I wonder how much factory-seconds will be.
The firsts/seconds pricing doesn't always make sense. I was all set to pick up a seconds suede Player's belt for $49.97 in February until I checked the main site and first-quality belts were on clearance for $39.97 (during a 4-day 15%-off sale on belts, even).
post #57758 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamelroberto View Post

My only concern with the AE brown is that it's so dark that to me it almost competes with black. Any reason why you haven't considered chili?

No real reason other than I'd like something as neutral and versatile as possible, so i thought that the reddish hue in the chili might not be as good for being neutral as the brown burnished or bourbon.

Would the Bourbon go well with a dark charcoal suit (when not utilizing my black Park Avenues)?
post #57759 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamelroberto View Post

My only concern with the AE brown is that it's so dark that to me it almost competes with black. Any reason why you haven't considered chili?

This might help:



From L to R: Harrison in walnut, Mora 2.0 in bourbon, Fifth Street in brown, Bleecker Street in Bob's Chili

The walnut has been darkened a bit by 'mid tan' polish and I've been trying to bring out the black burnishing on the bourbon.

Based on your intended use and what's already in your line-up, I'd go with Bob's Chili. It's much different than walnut and has more 'depth' than dark brown. You may also be able to do more with it over time (e.g. allow to lighten closer to 'original' chili, darken to something closer to brown or try for a patina).
post #57760 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvrpl View Post


No real reason other than I'd like something as neutral and versatile as possible, so i thought that the reddish hue in the chili might not be as good for being neutral as the brown burnished or bourbon.

Would the Bourbon go well with a dark charcoal suit (when not utilizing my black Park Avenues)?

 

I'd love to know this too.  I would think Bourbon would be okay with mid & light grey suits right?

 

I just ordered Bourbon Strands because I thought they were the most versatile brown tone shoe.

post #57761 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvrpl View Post

No real reason other than I'd like something as neutral and versatile as possible, so i thought that the reddish hue in the chili might not be as good for being neutral as the brown burnished or bourbon.

Would the Bourbon go well with a dark charcoal suit (when not utilizing my black Park Avenues)?

The dark chili might be the most versatile color in my shoe wardrobe. I wear it with everything from suits to khakis. Bourbon is an interesting color (I've heard it's walnut finished with black burnishing). The right model shoe with the right suit could work but I don't find myself reaching for it as often as I thought I would. That could just be what's in my wardrobe and a matter of personal taste so YMMV.
post #57762 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik1014 View Post


If anyone hasn't investigated Shreveports...If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up. 

Sure, easy for you. You're the Sausage King of Chicago.
post #57763 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFCreddevil View Post

I'd love to know this too.  I would think Bourbon would be okay with mid & light grey suits right?

I just ordered Bourbon Strands because I thought they were the most versatile brown tone shoe.

Here's Bob's Chili and bourbon with a few different greys:








Apologies for the poor composition and lighting. The pics with the light grey pants represent the shoe colors best, the others are a little oversaturated.
post #57764 of 70737
Wanted to note -
1. The magazine actually showed everything available in danite (not all styles, just the featured stuff) as 279, which wasn't bad.
2. Seconds sale wasn't very impressive - basically 219 instead of 279 mostly.
post #57765 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post


Thanks! There is a nice snuff suede EB tassel right now at SkoAb. If I didn't have brogue suede tassels also from AE, Id have kopped those already.

Those are little too expensive for a 4 month a year shoe and too sleek for casual wear IMO. I like my tassels in the traditional American style. I also want them unlined. Very specific, I know. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...