or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3848  

post #57706 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

Walnut shell Daltons today. Back from the factory after some stitching on the uppers came loose. Will be wearing these until summer comes. 



 





 



 



 



If those are the unlined then there's no reason not to wear them year round.

Selling mine was a big regret...
post #57707 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post

 

That said, I am growing more concerned with the quality of AE firsts. .

 



Sadly, I have to agree with you on the this. Hopefully it is a function of growth that will soon be corrected.
post #57708 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

Walnut shell Daltons today. Back from the factory after some stitching on the uppers came loose. Will be wearing these until summer comes. 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Such beautiful boots. I have a pair on the way and am extremely excited.

post #57709 of 70737

Shell townley...err...Wednesday:

 

NZP0i8T.jpg

post #57710 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman43 View Post

Black McClain today

I regret not getting those as seconds when they had them in my size. Assuming you got them for seconds pricing, those are an insane deal. Kicking myself for not calling the second I saw them!
post #57711 of 70737
3rd Strand added to the collection!
Walnut.
Brown Shell.
And now Bob's Chili!
Probably my favorite! Even over brown shell, and that's saying a lot!

Now I have 19 kids (AEs) and COUNTING!



post #57712 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLHouston View Post

3rd Strand added to the collection!
Walnut.
Brown Shell.
And now Bob's Chili!
Probably my favorite! Even over brown shell, and that's saying a lot!

Now I have 19 kids (AEs) and COUNTING!

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

I'm surprised you managed to get a pair without striping. As I mentioned above, I went through two pairs of firsts that both had really bad striping of the burnishing on the vamp. Your pair looks great - congrats and enjoy. Even more disappointing for me to see how good these can turn out when they do it right.

post #57713 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post
 

 

I'm surprised you managed to get a pair without striping. As I mentioned above, I went through two pairs of firsts that both had really bad striping of the burnishing on the vamp. Your pair looks great - congrats and enjoy. Even more disappointing for me to see how good these can turn out when they do it right.


I managed to get these from the $288 Nordstrom sale.  I usually go through my local store (New Orleans) but these were too good to pass up. Then I found out AE would match Nordstrom prices. Shhhhhh! don't tell Ms Robin!

post #57714 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post

Shell townley...err...Wednesday:

NZP0i8T.jpg

Townley Wednesday for me too (although my pic looks nowhere near as good as coolarrow's).
post #57715 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by htjouster View Post

Townley Wednesday for me too (although my pic looks nowhere near as good as coolarrow's).

My Kenilworth look like those too. Rather on the plasticy side. I guess I need to get around to some product
post #57716 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

Shell townley...err...Wednesday:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

NZP0i8T.jpg

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by htjouster View Post

Townley Wednesday for me too (although my pic looks nowhere near as good as coolarrow's).

Me three!!!


An incredibly sunny day has these looking fantastic! Cheers to the other Townley guys today!

post #57717 of 70737
I'm hanging with Bradley today:
post #57718 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 

Recently got a pair of Strand seconds.  I didn't see anything wrong with them, although I did not spend hours inspecting them with a magnifying glass and a micrometer as some people do.  

I thought that maybe if I wore them, someone might notice what might be wrong with them, so I tried wearing them, but as people's feet are as far from people's eyes as is humanly possible and as feet are usually moving, no one has noticed anything yet.

Looks like your left shoe is quite a bit darker than the right shoe. Other than that they look great.

post #57719 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

Walnut shell Daltons today. Back from the factory after some stitching on the uppers came loose. Will be wearing these until summer comes. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



If those are the unlined then there's no reason not to wear them year round.

Selling mine was a big regret...

 

 

When / how did you get these made?  Are they still offering Walnut shell MTO?

post #57720 of 70737
Williams Wednesday for me. Paid $177 for these as seconds, and I couldn't be happier. Could not find a single flaw aside from the most minimal offset lacing on the right.




New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...