or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3841  

post #57601 of 70737
Hi guys,

I'm going to order a pair of Strands today from the Nordstrom sale , I know this is a personal prefference but will like to hear your opinion , I've narrowed down my options to Chili or Bourbon, which one do you guys think will be more versatile, I haven't seen the Chili in person, tried the Bourbon and Walnut and liked the Bourbon better but from the pics I've seen the Chili looks nice too, I'll wear them with navy,grey and Khakhi twill slacks.

Thanks,
post #57602 of 70737
Has anyone figured out yet how sizing on the 201 last maps to the others? I couldn't pass on a great ebay deal on oxblood warwicks, and got the same size I wear on the 108.
post #57603 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Hi guys,

I'm going to order a pair of Strands today from the Nordstrom sale , I know this is a personal prefference but will like to hear your opinion , I've narrowed down my options to Chili or Bourbon, which one do you guys think will be more versatile, I haven't seen the Chili in person, tried the Bourbon and Walnut and liked the Bourbon better but from the pics I've seen the Chili looks nice too, I'll wear them with navy,grey and Khakhi twill slacks.

Thanks,
If it's the newer burnished/Bobs Chili, I'd go with that. That's just me. J
post #57604 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoosensuits View Post

I would absolutely keep them if that's the only defect. Wearing the same shoe today

Great choice of shoe! There is some very slight tiger striping on the same shoe, but I am sure that will wear with time / polish.  Thanks for the advice!

post #57605 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Hi guys,

I'm going to order a pair of Strands today from the Nordstrom sale , I know this is a personal prefference but will like to hear your opinion , I've narrowed down my options to Chili or Bourbon, which one do you guys think will be more versatile, I haven't seen the Chili in person, tried the Bourbon and Walnut and liked the Bourbon better but from the pics I've seen the Chili looks nice too, I'll wear them with navy,grey and Khakhi twill slacks.

Thanks,

Dark Chili is really great in the Strand. More versatile than Bourbon.
post #57606 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzapie View Post


Thank you for the reassurance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzapie View Post

Great choice of shoe! There is some very slight tiger striping on the same shoe, but I am sure that will wear with time / polish.  Thanks for the advice!

I also have tiger striping on the other shoe. Not going away and I'm not crazy about it, but for $157 I can deal. I like the 108 exclusively, so my selection isnt so deep. I think your wrinkle defect is a much more acceptable one.
post #57607 of 70737

Question about my AE Fifth Avenues.

 

I've had these for 5 years - firsts.  I notice some very deep creasing -- is this normal for calf?  Photo shows shoe with shoe tree inserted.

 

Thanks,

 

 

post #57608 of 70737
What is that striping effect that seen of you have seen on your shoes?
post #57609 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudman43 View Post

If it's the newer burnished/Bobs Chili, I'd go with that. That's just me. J

It's the one that Nordstrom sells, not sure if it's the Dark or not?, it's listed as Dark Chili Burnished!
post #57610 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post


It's the one that Nordstrom sells, not sure if it's the Dark or not?, it's listed as Dark Chili Burnished!


Yes, the Strand that Nordstrom sells is in Dark Chili Burnished. That's the one you want. It's gorgeous.

post #57611 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post


Yes, the Strand that Nordstrom sells is in Dark Chili Burnished. That's the one you want. It's gorgeous.
Perfect thanks for the info.
post #57612 of 70737

Can anyone comment on AE Dalton vs Alden Aberdeen fit?  I wear a us 7D in the AE Dalton and am looking at the Alden Aberdeen last.  The Dalton fits well, but is maybe 2mm too long.  The width is perfect though and the boot does not creasy funky because the volume in toe box seems to be pretty slim.  I was thinking I'm a us6.5 in the Aberdeen or plaza and us6 in barrie or truebalance

 

If it helps, I wear the following:

 

Carmina Rain: uk5.5

Carmina Robert: uk5.5

Carmina Simpson: uk6

Carmina Oscar: uk5.5

Carmina Soller: uk5.5

post #57613 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfinz View Post

Can anyone comment on AE Dalton vs Alden Aberdeen fit?  I wear a us 7D in the AE Dalton and am looking at the Alden Aberdeen last.  The Dalton fits well, but is maybe 2mm too long.  The width is perfect though and the boot does not creasy funky because the volume in toe box seems to be pretty slim.  I was thinking I'm a us6.5 in the Aberdeen or plaza and us6 in barrie or truebalance



 



If it helps, I wear the following:



 



Carmina Rain: uk5.5



Carmina Robert: uk5.5



Carmina Simpson: uk6



Carmina Oscar: uk5.5



Carmina Soller: uk5.5


 



It might be best to ask in the Alden thread, but for what its worth I find 11.5D Aberdeen to be a good fit. Wear a 12D Dalton and most AE shoes. 11.5D in the 65 last.

I also go with 11D Barrie and Trubalance, so it sounds your on the right track. Best to find a retailer and try as many on as you can.
post #57614 of 70737
Does anyone know what the Cooke or Stuttgart models are? I've seen these in the 'image coming soon' section of the Shoe Bank for the past several weeks. Unreleased? OEM for another label?
post #57615 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post

Does anyone know what the Cooke or Stuttgart models are? I've seen these in the 'image coming soon' section of the Shoe Bank for the past several weeks. Unreleased? OEM for another label?

Cooke is a wingtip, seems like McAllister style on the 8 last, someone in the thread stumbled across one a while back at like a Nordstrom Rack or something. Allegedly it was an overseas version that they're discontinuing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...