I have a pair in 8E worn twice. I plan to throw them up in B&S within the next few days. If anyone wants a deal PM me
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3839post #57572 of 707373/28/15 at 7:36pmQuote:
I actually paid $157. So while I know at this price point it is a quality shoe, I am not sure I want to spend that much on something rather ugly. Moreover, this is the last listed pair of these shoes in my size on the Shoe Bank.post #57573 of 707373/28/15 at 7:52pmSo I have a pair of stands in bourbon that have been worn probably 6 times and I noticed a slight discloration in the toe. I started to rub it with some water and paper towel and now it seems that the bourbon polish wore off and now the walnut coloring is coming through. How do I fix this. Do I just buy some Polish from ae or conditioner. Can someone please help me as I love these shoes.post #57574 of 707373/28/15 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by pizzapie
For those of you who have received seconds from the Shoe Bank, can you help me decide if the following defect is acceptable:
My wife says it looks like someone chewed on them, but to me, looks like there was excess leather. There is also minor tiger-stripping, but I am not worried about that.
With a defect like that, best to decide based on how they look laced up, on foot. I have a feeling that part straightens out on your foot, and may be covered by your pants anyway.post #57575 of 707373/28/15 at 8:02pmpost #57576 of 707373/28/15 at 8:10pmpost #57577 of 707373/28/15 at 8:33pmpost #57578 of 707373/28/15 at 8:44pmQuote:I own both the walnut grain MacNeil and cognac McTavish, and I give the slight edge to the McT. Love that shoe. Own it in cognac and natural tan. JOriginally Posted by tradbrah
Opinions on cognac McTavish vs. BB chili grain Macneil? I really like the cognac leather, but i want something I can wear with jeans casually and the blucher makes sense for that. Does the grain Macneil have a black welt? The only hesitation I have is that the chili grain is too close in color to walnut (of which I already have two pairs). The cognac would add a new color to the rotation. Thoughts?
Really wish they would just come out with a short wing blucher already.post #57579 of 707373/28/15 at 8:52pmQuote:If memory serves, Bourbon is Walnut burnished either Black. You could carefully try polishing that area with black, or perhaps dark brown. JOriginally Posted by mb12044
So I have a pair of stands in bourbon that have been worn probably 6 times and I noticed a slight discloration in the toe. I started to rub it with some water and paper towel and now it seems that the bourbon polish wore off and now the walnut coloring is coming through. How do I fix this. Do I just buy some Polish from ae or conditioner. Can someone please help me as I love these shoes.post #57580 of 707373/28/15 at 9:13pmpost #57581 of 707373/28/15 at 9:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gabru
Thanks for the feedback. What if I say that, I know that one is a blucher and the other is a bal and that both are on different lasts 7 vs 5..
I quoted the 5 last size for reference only, but I should have been more clear by specifying my Brannock size which is between 10D and E (more towards E).
The Brannock is a useful starting point but the proof of the pudding is in the eating. You tried a Maxneil in a 10 D and it was too short, not too narrow. The toe box on the 7 tappers more quickly than the 5 and that could cause some to move up to a longer size.
As far as width, if the 10 D wasn't too snug across the vamp, I see no need to try an E, especially since a 10.5 D will be a tad wider that a 10 D anyway. Further, a 7 blucher is going to play wider than a 5 Oxford. I'm about a "E and a half" in a 5 last Oxford. 10.5E is tolerable but 10.5 EE is better. 10.5E feels perfect in the Macneil.post #57582 of 707373/28/15 at 9:52pmpost #57583 of 707373/29/15 at 1:19amQuote:First try to condition the whole cap toe area. Maybe even use the AE CC which will probably take off some of the burnishing even more. Then I would recommend applying the brown cream polish. This would even out the color more towards a more uniform brown, still burnished but lighter. Then I would apply the black wax polish. A few thin coats with a lot of brushing and buffing in between.
Here is what walnut would look like using that process, though I also used some navy cream polish here.post #57584 of 707373/29/15 at 6:39am
X-Post from the MTO thread.My family of Eagle Counties + my wife's Eagle Counties. 4 MTOs in total + 1 stock
L-R: my navy calfskin, brown grain calfskin, and tan waxy saddle + my wife's stock EC and merlot calfskin
More picturesWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #57585 of 707373/29/15 at 8:50amMctavish in black. I also know that if you call one of the Allen Edmonds stores at this time you can get them in black for about $157. And that is for first seconds are $117 but you have to call. As far as the shoes we have in question and the puckering by the islets, I think that defect will wear just fine first of all your pants should cover it up. Second over time I believe the leather will look significantly better. For the $157 price point I would definitely keep them. But that's just my 2 cents. You cannot beat that you for the $157 price.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 8 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Rugby hunting vest 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › List of wool mills please (ASAP) 12 minutes ago
- › Why is Restaurant Service So BAD at times these days? 12 minutes ago
- › FSL Visvim Zermatt Folk Edition 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...