Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3836post #57526 of 707373/27/15 at 5:43pmpost #57527 of 707373/27/15 at 5:48pmQuote:
The Rogue will not be on sale in AE's April sale. I don't think Nordstrom carries the Rogue, either. You will likely need to wait until AE's RDA sale in October for the Rogue to be discounted.post #57528 of 707373/27/15 at 6:09pmAs of now the Nordstrom website has the Rogue on sale. I checked earlier today and it looks like they may have added a few more models to the sale. In particular I didn't notice the Rogue or Dalton at the 25% off price (although they don't have either in my size). May have to swing in to the local Nordstrom to see if they can order my size.post #57529 of 707373/27/15 at 6:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by polishrifle
As of now the Nordstrom website has the Rogue on sale. I checked earlier today and it looks like they may have added a few more models to the sale. In particular I didn't notice the Rogue or Dalton at the 25% off price (although they don't have either in my size). May have to swing in to the local Nordstrom to see if they can order my size.
You're right! Now is definitely the best time to get the Rogue, then.post #57530 of 707373/27/15 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie
Looking to fill a couple of gaps in my Allen Edmonds collection. (6 pairs since last October and a 7th on the way - thanks for enabling me you filthy barnweasels!)
So, I'm trying to figure out which version to go with. The blue and snuff suede versions are only available as seconds, but the tan leather version is still in production. I prefer the tan leather over the sued for a couple of reasons: it
1. I live in Chicago and am worried about salt damage for a good 5 months out of the year. Plus, it kind of strikes me as
2. The suede versions strike me as more "fall-only" kinds of boots, but I'd like to be able to wear them year-round in a business casual environment. If there were a lighter color suede, I'd probably be more open to it.
3. I feel like the leather is more durable than suede
So, the long and the short of it is: Who has the Gobi? Which version do you have? Do you regret not getting the other? Do you love it? Are you just sort of "meh" about it?
Filthy indeed. I'm up to five pairs in my first year of AE ownership thanks to these reprobates here.
On point 2, the sand Gobis are actually pretty light in person. I'd definitely recommend trying them on, though, as they're on the 809 last. I couldn't get a good fit with the suedes and had to pass on them. Went with the suede McGregors instead. The Gobis were very lightweight. Not sure if the more substantial leather would fit better.
Edited by RichieP - 3/27/15 at 6:41pmpost #57531 of 707373/27/15 at 6:25pmpost #57532 of 707373/27/15 at 6:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by EGY73
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'll be pulling the trigger on my first real pair of AE's this weekend.
Looks like the consensus is the Strands in Walnut is a good first AE shoe to get. I work in a casual environment. Typically wear either jeans, kahkis, or dress slacks to work.
Nordstroms for $288 right now. Good deal or is there a better one out there now or soon to be?
I also have a $50 gift card to Jos. A Banks I could use, but looks like they only carry 6 styles of AE and the Strand is not one of them.
Great forum and thread!
$288 for a pair of Strands is a very good deal. I'd get them in chili, since walnut Strands is becoming the "J.Crew gingham shirt" version of shoes these days.Quote:
I have the Gobis in snuff suede, and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. For sizing reference -- my Brannock size is 10.5 C; my Gobis are size 10 D and I can wear thick socks very comfortably with them.post #57533 of 707373/27/15 at 6:55pmQuote:
Filthy barnweasels indeed. Christmas 2014 I didn't know anything about Allen Edmonds. I decided I needed a pair of shoes for work. I did some research to see if I wanted to spend the extra money for Cole Haan or Johnston and Murphy. That led me to this site. Thanks to you people I just received my 5th pair of Allen Edmonds today.post #57534 of 707373/27/15 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by CMR16
I have checked them out online but my feet are smaller and narrow so I have distrust in buying online rather than in-store. The Firenze has my attention but I want to try in person before buying. One of the reasons why I have worn Cole Haan for so long. They fit my feet perfectly.
If you have a narrow foot, the Firenze is for you.
The Arezzo is NOT narrow.
Edited by RitchieBro - 3/27/15 at 7:38pmpost #57535 of 707373/27/15 at 7:25pmpost #57536 of 707373/27/15 at 7:40pmpost #57537 of 707373/27/15 at 8:00pmpost #57538 of 707373/27/15 at 9:03pmpost #57539 of 707373/27/15 at 9:10pmpost #57540 of 707373/27/15 at 9:11pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 979 Active Users (160 Members and 819 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 11 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 22 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 22 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 32 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 34 minutes ago
- › BNWT Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves: Dents, Merola Bergdorf Goodman 44 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 45 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...