or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3831  

post #57451 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by middlepP View Post

I missed out on the discounted Bleeckers. My SA was nice enough to order a couple pairs of seconds in the bourbon and brown. Both bourbons had pretty visible tiger striping, as he warned they might. He said he couldn't see any flaws in the brown pairs. They arrived yesterday. At first glance they appeared pretty close to flawless!

But... then I noticed the heels did not lay flat and there was a bit of an outward/upward curve in the sole near the heel (visible in the picture at right, below).

 


Slide my feet in them and... I immediately get the puckering of the leather at the bottom of the tongue. This is without taking a step in them, just flexing the shoe back and forth.

 



Will the uneven heels get worse? What about the puckering of the tongue?

Personally, I love these boots and think they can be very versatile for work travel, but I feel that these are beyond "minor cosmetic blemish that does not affect the fit, comfort or durability."

But, I'd love to get everyone's thoughts. In your opinion, should these go back? 

I've seen this before too, although I am not a cobbler, the pair I seen appeared fine. If you stand with the shoes on the heel straightens, I'm not sure what causes this but the heel I seen appeared true beyond the wonky appearance. Will the heel get worse? I don't know for certain, but I'd keep them.
post #57452 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 


They'll be $229 - not to big of a discount but not bad.

 

Good enough for me! Got a gift card waiting, so it should bring the price down a good bit.

 

Just need an idea of how it might fit.

post #57453 of 70737
Is anyone able to post a picture of an 8 lasted shoe next to a 5 lasted shoe?

Thanks
post #57454 of 70737
Mora 2.0 with denim today

post #57455 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csc67 View Post

Is anyone able to post a picture of an 8 lasted shoe next to a 5 lasted shoe?

Thanks

Here you go, sir. (Left Lasalle, Right Strand)

post #57456 of 70737

Silly question...are AE shoe trees directional? I've never considered that they are until I realized they have a screw in one side. I looked at a few pair, and some have the screw on the same side for both, but most are on each side. I'm not sure if I may have swapped a pair accidentally to mis-match a pair, or if they came that way. It appears there might be a very slight change in the shape from one side to the next, but I can't tell if I'm seeing things.

 

It only took me a year to notice........Also before you suggest I take them all out and pair them up, I didn't want to work that hard since several are now in my closet storage.

post #57457 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik1014 View Post
 

Silly question...are AE shoe trees directional? I've never considered that they are until I realized they have a screw in one side. I looked at a few pair, and some have the screw on the same side for both, but most are on each side. I'm not sure if I may have swapped a pair accidentally to mis-match a pair, or if they came that way. It appears there might be a very slight change in the shape from one side to the next, but I can't tell if I'm seeing things.

 

It only took me a year to notice........Also before you suggest I take them all out and pair them up, I didn't want to work that hard since several are now in my closet storage.

 

Yes.

post #57458 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

Yes.

 

Dammit. How did I miss that.

post #57459 of 70737

Natural Shell Dundees :D

 

post #57460 of 70737

What color is this shoe? It's an old model Allen Edmonds Warwick. If they use the same colors between redesigns, then I guess this is oxblood, but the burgundy shoe cream looked too red for it.Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #57461 of 70737

Brown Larchmonts today:

 

Drst7d8.jpg
post #57462 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post

 
Brown shell strands on the subway this am:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
ELwxSyJ.jpg

Same for me today, except on the office carpet. Not sure were you are, but the subways here in NYC are filthy. Yours look quite well kept. 




Probably get the best glow on these out of all my AE shells. 
These came in today! Looking at NWTeal and coolarrow's brown Strands, there's no way these aren't the new dark brown shell:


I don't usually fit D width lasts, but these fit almost perfect with the right lacing to eliminate slight bowing. They look awesome minus a slight pucker and stretch on the brogue of one cap and slightly raised pinking on one cap.

Happy with this one!
post #57463 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post


These came in today! Looking at NWTeal and coolarrow's brown Strands, there's no way these aren't the new dark brown shell:


I don't usually fit D width lasts, but these fit almost perfect with the right lacing to eliminate slight bowing. They look awesome minus a slight pucker and stretch on the brogue of one cap and slightly raised pinking on one cap.

Happy with this one!

Damn son.

post #57464 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post


These came in today! Looking at NWTeal and coolarrow's brown Strands, there's no way these aren't the new dark brown shell: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


I don't usually fit D width lasts, but these fit almost perfect with the right lacing to eliminate slight bowing. They look awesome minus a slight pucker and stretch on the brogue of one cap and slightly raised pinking on one cap.

Happy with this one!

 

Beautiful! Congrats!

post #57465 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
These came in today! Looking at NWTeal and coolarrow's brown Strands, there's no way these aren't the new dark brown shell:


I don't usually fit D width lasts, but these fit almost perfect with the right lacing to eliminate slight bowing. They look awesome minus a slight pucker and stretch on the brogue of one cap and slightly raised pinking on one cap.

Happy with this one!

 

Congrats! What size are they and what size are you on the Brannock device?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...