Looks more like a chili to me but either way, nice color. Wear in good health
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 9:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3824post #57346 of 707373/23/15 at 4:59pmpost #57347 of 707373/23/15 at 5:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Count de Monet
* Black perfed bluchers - like black loafers - always strike me as a little (or a lot) incongruent in that they have all sorts of casual characteristics EXCEPT for their color. They're sort of like the residents on the Island of Misfit Toys. As noted by others above, in more casual situations than those calling for a CBD suit, there are usually much better options. In other words, if you have built, or are building, a nice rotations of dress shoes, you probably already have something better for sportcoats and less formal suits (and should be wearing them).
Apart from that loafers comment with which I do NOT agree, I thought this comment was spot on - my feeling exactly.
By the way, regarding your comment on the 222 accommodating your high arches, you and me both :)post #57348 of 707373/23/15 at 8:45pmpost #57349 of 707373/24/15 at 1:48am
Absolutely loving this thread—and thanks to many of you here, I've come to...well, “appreciate” the awesomeness that is Allen Edmonds shoes (Hope someone got down to Burlington Coat factory at Union Square here in NYC and nabbed the gorgeous black “Haight” 13 EEE boots they had down there.)
In my bargain trawling about though, I nabbed a lovely pair of Snuff Colored MacNeils (A special model called “Schautal”) that apparently did not sell so well or had some QC issues and was thus sold off @ clearance outlets. On the “7” last, these fit marvelously and look smashing. I do believe they ARE seconds as they have the telltale small marker dash on the otherwise pristine bottom of the sole, but mine had NO deal-breaking imperfections I could discern, AND there are quite a few pairs left (maybe 10-12 total in sizes 10 through 13) at the various Burlingtons in Manhattan (Union Square & 6th Avenue off 23rd Street) for between $110.00-$139.00. I got mine for $119.00. Below are pics of the Schautal (not my pair, but another one at the Atlantic Center Store in Brooklyn), and then there was, man...I don't even know what to say about these odd AEs...
They look to be a strange sample or limited edition, black, lug-soled (!) McGregor or MacNeil four eyelet, flat-laced variant...with a red & black flannel buffalo plaid vamp.Yeah. you read right. A red & black flannel buffalo plaid vamp. It's such a bizarre look—more weird than outright ugly, as the classic AE longwing styling still holds up...even with the interesting (to say the least) secondary textile work.
Maybe a “get” for some weekend “Country Gentleman” styling with a complimentary coat or vest? LOL! Enjoy!
Here's the Schautal (Snuff Suede MacNeil variant)...
And...“gulp!”, here's what I have now dubbed...“The Fudd”, as in Elmer J.
Edited by misterellington - 3/24/15 at 12:45pmpost #57350 of 707373/24/15 at 3:20amQuote:
I believe these were a special makeup for Brooks Brothers. They came in a couple other colors. Here's black/green:
Does anyone have a photo of the other color combos these came in? Just curious.post #57351 of 707373/24/15 at 5:32ampost #57352 of 707373/24/15 at 6:50am
Apparently they were/are made exclusively for Nordstrom Rack and seem to still be available on the Rack's web site for $180.
However, they appear to only be available in D width, which is good because I need an E and need another LWB like a hole in the head.
.post #57353 of 707373/24/15 at 7:18amQuote:
They did it in tartan too:
I like the others, but the "Fudd" . . . not so much.post #57354 of 707373/24/15 at 8:05am
Anyone get a recent Dalton boot and have an older one also? I got a Dalton second oxblood(had to go back) and it seemed the Dalton had more volume in the shaft than my other pairs had...Also the leather feels much stiffer which might be why it feels like their is a lot more volume as it did not mold well...
I really doubted I was going to keep them to begin with but wanted to get a good look at the oxblood....man those things looked just spectacular and I would have kept them as I couldn't figure out the flaw...wore them got home and went to brush and realized the massive flaw..LOL the stitching holes were all exposed on the toe to the side.....Allison took care of me though since the boots were so flawless I was willing to have them recrafted with a split welt to cover the holes but was told the leather was too damaged.
Anyway they are taking them back worn and since there are no seconds available they will honor the discounted price I had received when another pair comes available.
AE customer service is truly stellar and looks like I will be owning a Dalton Oxblood in the future. Also I was shocked how well it went with my casual clothes..post #57355 of 707373/24/15 at 8:16ampost #57356 of 707373/24/15 at 8:48ampost #57357 of 707373/24/15 at 8:48ampost #57358 of 707373/24/15 at 8:48ampost #57359 of 707373/24/15 at 8:58amQuote:
Those are great! This is probably the most extreme example I can think of of the web site pix grossly underwhelming the shoe's trye appeal.post #57360 of 707373/24/15 at 9:38amQuote:
+100... Called about a shell Strand this a.m. and was offered - without inquiry - any upcoming discounts that would be offered on models during the upcoming sale 3/10 - 3/22. As these sales are commissioned, didn't my SA take $$$ out of his own pocket? Awesome. I will say that my AE customer service experience was touch-and-go at the beginning (and may have been due to my ignorance about their process), but they have rebounded in fine fashion with their accommodations during GMTO's, shoebank purchases and brick and mortar store sales. They've made me wonder why makers like Alden don't follow suit with similar "less-than-perfect" or second quality shoe offerings. AE must save a boatload on the shoebank sales...what do Alden/Meermin/Carmina/etc. do with their second quality stuff?
As an aside, does anyone in the AE community have thoughts on the quality of Frye's shoe offerings? I saw a sand suede LWB from them in the Rack for $100 - goodyear welted, leather sole, etc. I hear about their boots all the time, but never their shoes.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott The Cast 2, Plumas or Coast 8 seconds ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 43 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 54 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...