Anyone see oxblood with any weld or edge dressing other than black.....black goes perfect with it but was curious.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3822post #57316 of 707373/23/15 at 6:45ampost #57317 of 707373/23/15 at 7:02amQuote:
Agreed..have the oxblood dalton and was really thinking about changing it to natural..so if anybody does this first let me know!post #57318 of 707373/23/15 at 7:11amQuote:
I have heard really great things about them. These are going to be my snow boots next winter so I'll have to wait and see how much traction they really give you.post #57319 of 707373/23/15 at 7:15amQuote:Quote:
Oxblood is basically cherry calfskin that has been heavily burnished with black. I think this lends itself extremely well to a black welt and edge. I hemmed and hawed about edges and welts when I did my First Ave MTO in Oxblood but ultimately decided that black would be best. I still think it would be.
Oxblood doesn't have the brown tones that Dark Chili does, and so I don't think the brown edges or welts would complement it quite as nicely as the black edge and welt.post #57320 of 707373/23/15 at 8:20ampost #57321 of 707373/23/15 at 8:25amQuote:
What about the replacement for the Independence line? I keep hearing that they are going to do versions of their best sellers in Indy dress this summer, but no one seems to know details.
Anyone? @Garland perhaps?post #57322 of 707373/23/15 at 8:44ampost #57323 of 707373/23/15 at 8:59amFor anybody that hasn't seen it, Allen Edmonds is having a competition to win a free recrafting on their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/allenedmondsQuote:With shoes so meticulously crafted, it’s worth restoring them to near-new condition. As part of Allen Edmonds #CraftsmanshipMonth, we’re giving away Prestige RecraftingⓇ Packages to 3 lucky winners. Post a photo of your favorite worn-in pair using #Recrafting in the comments by Wednesday at noon (CT) to enter.post #57324 of 707373/23/15 at 9:35amQuote:
I can appreciate the sentiment but why reduce the likelihood of selling something at X before you mark it down to X(70%)?
In any event, there appears to be a 10.5E Independence Line "Williams" (LWB) in black for $177. 222 last if anyone is interested.
So, it appears than maybe some may still be found. Getting rarer though.post #57325 of 707373/23/15 at 9:36amQuote:
The Williams are still showing up for me, but I agree on the cordovan.
Weird.post #57326 of 707373/23/15 at 9:38ampost #57327 of 707373/23/15 at 10:18ampost #57328 of 707373/23/15 at 10:48amQuote:
I've got pretty much every sole AE makes at this point, and a fair bit of experience with snow, out here in Denver. I'd say the mini-lug sole is the best for traction in snow, for sure. Only downside - it's the least comfortable for walking any kind of distance. The Dainite sole is almost as good for traction, and a lot more comfortable for long walking distances. The combo tap sole is the most comfortable for distance walking, but the worst for snow traction, with the exception of plain leather soles, which are absolutely terrible in snow.post #57329 of 707373/23/15 at 10:52ampost #57330 of 707373/23/15 at 10:59am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Is this a four-season shoe? 8 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Spring Cleaning - Ties, Shirts, Outerwear 22 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...