or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3809  

post #57121 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Y View Post

My milkshake suede Leeds came arrived today. I'm happy with them for chinos and jeans. Nice casual shoe.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

they really look great...could not pull the trigger on them but starting to regret that.

post #57122 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

A buddy of mine got the Rogues over the strands and he said it felt like a similar style but he was wary of the 65 last fitting. I don't think he tried many sizes on though. He loves em though. And they're pretty sharp in person being worn. Definitely a casual shoe.





Disagree that the Rogue is a casual shoe. I have it on with navy pin suit today. I get constant compliments on these shoes!
post #57123 of 70737
Epic fail for me yesterday. Had on my olive rush street and was just getting into the car when I decided I just couldn't go to work with them. Switched to my black hills. Swung by the store to talk to my SM - even he busted my balls, wondering how I could ever get olive when I couldn't get grey cloud 😣
post #57124 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

Brown shell Dundees today, without hesitation I would buy these in burgundy if they pop up in 8.5D on Club Monaco for 30% off (size wasn't available on the last sale). One of my fav models from AE.

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Agree completely.  I have shell chukkas from AE, Rancourt, and Alden, and the Dundee is my favorite hands down.  Beautiful color on those.

post #57125 of 70737


While browsing the shoebank today, I see the Harrison in my size. Did a quick google search and this image came up from a fellow SF member. This is what AE should be selling as their flagship shoe. Look at the difference in shape.

One is a miata and one is a ferrari. Let the debate begin. It's too bad the Canadian dollar sucks at the moment or I would get! Get em fellas! at least your dollar is good
post #57126 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post



While browsing the shoebank today, I see the Harrison in my size. Did a quick google search and this image came up from a fellow SF member. This is what AE should be selling as their flagship shoe. Look at the difference in shape.

One is a miata and one is a ferrari. Let the debate begin. It's too bad the Canadian dollar sucks at the moment or I would get! Get em fellas! at least your dollar is good

Well, you can't argue with success. I think AE knows what they are doing. While you may prefer the looks of the Harrison, the vast majority is still buying the Park Ave. The Park Ave is still the #1 seller by far for AE, outselling the Harrison (or anything else) by a huge margin.
post #57127 of 70737

Maiden voyage for a pair of burgundy MacNeils I purchased back in the fall, but never got to wear because of winter weather. The snow has finally melted, so today is the day.

 

post #57128 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


While browsing the shoebank today, I see the Harrison in my size. Did a quick google search and this image came up from a fellow SF member. This is what AE should be selling as their flagship shoe. Look at the difference in shape.

One is a miata and one is a ferrari. Let the debate begin. It's too bad the Canadian dollar sucks at the moment or I would get! Get em fellas! at least your dollar is good

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post


Well, you can't argue with success. I think AE knows what they are doing. While you may prefer the looks of the Harrison, the vast majority is still buying the Park Ave. The Park Ave is still the #1 seller by far for AE, outselling the Harrison (or anything else) by a huge margin.

 

 

Sell the Harrison for $385 at retail like the Park Avenue and I bet the sales numbers start creeping towards each other. I agree though, AE does know what they are doing. If you want a sleek, european style, get prepared to pay european prices (at the time anyway). 

post #57129 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

A buddy of mine got the Rogues over the strands and he said it felt like a similar style but he was wary of the 65 last fitting. I don't think he tried many sizes on though. He loves em though. And they're pretty sharp in person being worn. Definitely a casual shoe.





Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Disagree that the Rogue is a casual shoe. I have it on with navy pin suit today. I get constant compliments on these shoes!

 



Its not a casual like a McTavish or Rush street but I would still pick a balmoral for use with a dark wool suit. It probably goes back to the theory that it really doesn't matter that much since 98% of men won't judge by someones shoes anyway or how formal they should be. So maybe we call it a formal casual shoe. I think they'd look great with a lighter cotton/linen suit in walnut. As an aside I'm rarely in suits but more chinos and dress pants which I think would be a perfect spot for the Rogue.

My friend got the walnut and wore them with dark jeans and a sport shirt. I'd get the bob's chili and do the same if I were to get one. Maybe if they hit deep discount on the shoe bank.
post #57130 of 70737

I love AEs and all, but let's not get so far ahead to claim that the Harrison is akin to a Ferrari.

 

by the way, the Indy line is much better than the standard line: better upper, soles and inner-linning.  

post #57131 of 70737
Walnut Wednesday, these are starting to show some real character.






I hope everyone's week is going well, as always.
post #57132 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post



While browsing the shoebank today, I see the Harrison in my size. Did a quick google search and this image came up from a fellow SF member. This is what AE should be selling as their flagship shoe. Look at the difference in shape.

One is a miata and one is a ferrari. Let the debate begin. It's too bad the Canadian dollar sucks at the moment or I would get! Get em fellas! at least your dollar is good

 

Yeah, it looks like the Harrison is a torture device for unsuspecting toes! It reminds me of the story a few years ago where women were reportedly having doctors remove their pinky toes to fit into high heels.

 

Then again, it's easy to love gunboats when that's the natural shape of your foot...

post #57133 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

Walnut Wednesday, these are starting to show some real character.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



 

I hope everyone's week is going well, as always.

Sir - those are absolutely fantastic.  Well done.

post #57134 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

Yeah, it looks like the Harrison is a torture device for unsuspecting toes! It reminds me of the story a few years ago where women were reportedly having doctors remove their pinky toes to fit into high heels.

 

Then again, it's easy to love gunboats when that's the natural shape of your foot...


THIS.  I wore my Park Ave's all day at a wedding on Saturday and my feet were hurting by the end of the night... granted this was only the 2nd time I wore them, but just looking at that picture of the Harrison hurts my feet.  It's a higher quality than the Park Ave, but definitely not the right last for my feet - nice price at $177 at the shoebank though if it does work for your feet


Edited by JR Magat - 3/18/15 at 12:43pm
post #57135 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

Yeah, it looks like the Harrison is a torture device for unsuspecting toes! It reminds me of the story a few years ago where women were reportedly having doctors remove their pinky toes to fit into high heels.

 

Then again, it's easy to love gunboats when that's the natural shape of your foot...

 

Actually I have a pair on right now and in a 9D they are roomier than the Park Ave all around. The toe box is generous and the lacing gap is much smaller brand new than 5 last shoes ever are for me. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...