or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3798  

post #56956 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post


I have to disagree- definitely do not 1/2 size down in the LB unless you want your toes to touch the end of the boots.
I must share that I have a perfect fit in 11 1/2 D 5 last shoes(PA, Strand, Bleecker St.) as well as 108 last and 333 last shoes( Mora, University). In the Daltons and the Long Branch, I have to have a 12D. The 511 last runs SHORT compared to the others. The Long Branch has a little wider fit due to being actually made on the 511G last. I got fooled into getting an 11 1/2 in the Long Branch by just such comments as the "roominess " of the Long Branch, and I wore it 3 or 4 times ultimately realizing the discomfort was due to them being too small. I bought a 12D Long Branch and have been much more comfortable and happy!

So do the Dalton and the Long Branch fit differently?

post #56957 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 

So do the Dalton and the Long Branch fit differently?

 

Since they are on the same last, the difference is minor, but, LBs tend to have a tad more width.

post #56958 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

I agree. I would recommend going TTS vs sizing down. Sizing up, at least for me, would be unwearable. I have to wear thick socks as it is.
12Ds. Spot on.
It's the regular "old" chili. Has a slight burnish to it. Being on the hardwood probably threw the metering off for the phone camera. I tried to lighten it a bit as originally it looked a bit bourbon. Bobs Chili Daltons would have been awesome. But a bit redundant.

They still look sharp nevertheless
post #56959 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post

So do the Dalton and the Long Branch fit differently?

 



They do. Some say its the 511G last vs the 511. Maybe thats true. I have some 511G golf shoes and they are indeed a bit roomy. I have LB and Dalton. I basically have to wear boot socks with the LB and the Dalton midweight to dress socks is fine.
post #56960 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post



They still look sharp nevertheless

 



Thanks, I'm always wishwashy on selling them. Its a great color though.
post #56961 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
 

So do the Dalton and the Long Branch fit differently?

 



They do. Some say its the 511G last vs the 511. Maybe thats true. I have some 511G golf shoes and they are indeed a bit roomy. I have LB and Dalton. I basically have to wear boot socks with the LB and the Dalton midweight to dress socks is fine.

So if I'm a 9.5E in the 606 (Patriot) and a 9.5EEE in the 65 (Strand) due to a boxy end of my foot causing pinky toe troubles, what size is recommended for the Dalton?

post #56962 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post

So if I'm a 9.5E in the 606 (Patriot) and a 9.5EEE in the 65 (Strand) due to a boxy end of my foot causing pinky toe troubles, what size is recommended for the Dalton?

 



I would try a 10EEE. Maybe a 10EE if they have that. I go from a 11.5D Strand to 12D Dalton and the dalton may have a bit more width compared to the strand, but also going up a 1/2 size in length will gain some width as well, a tiny bit. I never figured a Patriot out so can't help much there for comparison.
post #56963 of 70737
Does anyone know what the AE version of the Ralph Lauren Singleton loafer is?
post #56964 of 70737
I just received my replacement ShoeBank order and they look great. The replacement shoes are oxblood Carlyle and bourbon Bleecker St. They both look and fit amazing. Also I believe the Bleeckers are 1st: they are unmarked on sole, came with shoe bags, had student contest flyer/sticker in box and no defects.
post #56965 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDad View Post

I just received my replacement ShoeBank order and they look great. The replacement shoes are oxblood Carlyle and bourbon Bleecker St. They both look and fit amazing. Also I believe the Bleeckers are 1st: they are unmarked on sole, came with shoe bags, had student contest flyer/sticker in box and no defects.

The rules are you post pictures. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #56966 of 70737

I'm debating some suede summer loafers between Cavanaugh and Patriot.  What I have is:

 

Dalton

Westchester

Promontory Point 

Mora 2.0

 

All fit great in 9D; I'm a pretty true 9D in just about everything.  I'm leaning towards the Patriot. 

 

Anybody have any fit advice on these lasts?

post #56967 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

The rules are you post pictures. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

At work, but tonight I'll post some pics.
post #56968 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post

So do the Dalton and the Long Branch fit differently?
I have the same size in both, but the LB is slightly roomier width wise, but length they are the same.
post #56969 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

The only shoe repair store in town closed when the owner passed away. I'm thinking about ordering a sole protector and installing it myself. (I used to do a lot of leatherwork in my younger days, so I think I can do it, even though I've never done this.)
Has anyone here done this themself?
How did it go?
Anyone?
post #56970 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post


Anyone?

 

Go for it! Get a good adhesive, and I doubt you would have any issues. I mean how hard can it be? lol. I imagine you could find some sort of tutorial or guide online too. Or post in the shoe care thread, one of those guys should be able to give you some good advice on the matter.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...