or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3767  

post #56491 of 70737

I ordered some Harrison seconds since I felt my current brown captoes needed replacing/upgrading. I like the look of the 333 last and figured I should try them before they were gone.  The SA's description of them wasn't very helpful. He took pictures for someone else and sent them to me, but at 640x480 they weren't helpful either.  I'm keeping them, but I can see why they were seconds.  The leather sure is soft, and seems thinner than the usual AE calf. I also included some pics with the AE University in Bob's Chili, another 333 last shoe.

post #56492 of 70737

Brown shell AE Coles in San Diego bay. Natural welt and JR sole by B Nelson. Played hookie from conference and enjoyed amazing weather.
Edited by FatTuesday - 3/2/15 at 1:51pm
post #56493 of 70737

how does the 333 last fit? similar to 5 last? 

post #56494 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

how does the 333 last fit? similar to 5 last? 
Not at all similar to 5 last.
post #56495 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post


Brown shell AE Coles in San Diego bay. Natural welt and JR sole by B Nelson. Played hookie from conference and enjoyed amazing weather.

Nicely played...what was the welt sole combo prior.
post #56496 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Nicely played...what was the welt sole combo prior.

Did you rent a boat by the bay? Been interested in trying to do that here in SD where did you go?
post #56497 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post


Brown shell AE Coles in San Diego bay. Natural welt and JR sole by B Nelson. Played hookie from conference and enjoyed amazing weather.
Woops my comment was meant for you
post #56498 of 70737
I had some free time yesterday and decided to condition and polish my AEs.

Top row: Brown Neumok, Merlot Mcallister, Black Harrison, Golden Rush Street
Front row: Chilli Franciscan, Bourbon Strand, Walnut Jefferson, Walnut University

I need to add some blutchers and boots.

post #56499 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Nicely played...what was the welt sole combo prior.
Original make-up consisted of typical AE black welt and double JR sole with black edging. The brown shell has aged to a lighter shade than how it appears in the boat photo. The resole transformed these shoes.



Quote:
Originally Posted by iamelroberto View Post

Did you rent a boat by the bay? Been interested in trying to do that here in SD where did you go?
I rented a beautiful 29' SeaRay from Seaforth Boat Rental -Downtown location. It was just outside my hotel.
Edited by FatTuesday - 3/2/15 at 7:23am
post #56500 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckOB View Post
 

I have a Katmai boot but have not been able to wear it due to the firm sole...needs something softer.   Thought you may be interested in the resole I did

 

Before and After (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Resoled with the vibram gumlite

 

 

 

Not as good looking as the original, but has a chunky look and is comfortable. Glad to get some use out of these again as I really like the roughout leather.

 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend

Those turned out well, very well. I use mine in fairly rough conditions, off road if you will, and the original soles work in my case because of the lugs and traction. Yes they were fairly stiff until broke in and bet yours are very comfortable especially on hard surfaces. Mine have taken a lot of abuse but they always bounce back with a brushing and occasional suede spray.

 

post #56501 of 70737

Glad to have you back here Cold Iron! We missed your very informative posts and beautiful pictures too.

 

I wonder where MWS has been...

 

Most of my knowledge about shoe construction has been from MWS and ColdIron :-)

post #56502 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

how does the 333 last fit? similar to 5 last? 

I can only compare the 333 to the 511 in the Dalton and Long Branch. So far I notice that the 333 seems more snug along the arch. I don't have much of an arch, so that may play a role.
post #56503 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post
 

I ordered some Harrison seconds since I felt my current brown captoes needed replacing/upgrading. I like the look of the 333 last and figured I should try them before they were gone.  The SA's description of them wasn't very helpful. He took pictures for someone else and sent them to me, but at 640x480 they weren't helpful either.  I'm keeping them, but I can see why they were seconds.  The leather sure is soft, and seems thinner than the usual AE calf. I also included some pics with the AE University in Bob's Chili, another 333 last shoe.

try bar lacing... it will make people less likely to hurl when they see your shoes.

post #56504 of 70737

Today was a good day. Bought these Dark Brown Mctavishes about a month ago. Didn't quite fit right at first, but with a small insole, it's feeling better. This is about wear #4 or so and I can finally feel them starting to break in. It was a sunny day in Chicago for a change and thought I'd snap a picture in daylight even with the weird shadows and inconsistent lacing (left got a little loose on my walk).

Really, really like this color. 

 

post #56505 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie View Post
 

Today was a good day. Bought these Dark Brown Mctavishes about a month ago. Didn't quite fit right at first, but with a small insole, it's feeling better. This is about wear #4 or so and I can finally feel them starting to break in. It was a sunny day in Chicago for a change and thought I'd snap a picture in daylight even with the weird shadows and inconsistent lacing (left got a little loose on my walk).

Really, really like this color. 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Those look really nice...congrats...I believe they have a double sole and it will take a few wears to break in for sure.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...