or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3751  

post #56251 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanX4 View Post
 

 

I have to agree. The Rouge is the only new shoe that I would consider buying. Looks like the Independence line is gone, and the base prices of most of the dress shoes have hit the $400 barrier.

perfs are too big on the rogue.  they missed the mark on that.  the manager at my local store said only the jefferson is sticking around for the independence line, but they will start having independence versions of PA/FA/Strand.  

post #56252 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

perfs are too big on the rogue.  they missed the mark on that.  the manager at my local store said only the jefferson is sticking around for the independence line, but they will start having independence versions of PA/FA/Strand.  

I think they hit their mark since the oversized perfing was the intention, but it's kind of a love it or hate it for most. The regular Joe might not even notice.
post #56253 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

perfs are too big on the rogue.  they missed the mark on that.  the manager at my local store said only the jefferson is sticking around for the independence line, but they will start having independence versions of PA/FA/Strand.  

I like the perfing on the Rogue, especially in dark chili.
post #56254 of 70737
I think they went rogue on this one.
post #56255 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post

The only other low-priced option is the McAdam, but it comes in black only.  The McAdam seems like a dress pant or suit boot, so it depends on what you wear to work. 

I am an 11D also.  I tried on an 11D Bleecker Street in the store and it felt fine the short time I had it on. 

I love Bourbon and Chili, and have both colors.  I think deciding between the two is a matter of taste.  Brown is an option.  I thought the brown Bleecker Street in the store was beautiful.  I don't know what was different than the other brown shoes, but I really liked it.

If you are looking at seconds, keep in mind the burnished colors can have streaking. Also I think that shoes with that much blank space will show imperfections easier, so you may want to go with firsts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post

Can you get to a store to try some on? I measured a 9.5D on the brannock, but wear a 10D of 65-lasted shoes because it's a great fit heel to ball of my foot. It's the only way you can know for sure.

I've been wearing my Bleecker streets today and I love them. Fits like a glove, except on my foot.

i could but what stores stock the bleecker, especially now? maybe i'll just risk it and go true-to-size.
post #56256 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post


i could but what stores stock the bleecker, especially now? maybe i'll just risk it and go true-to-size.

I quarantee they'll have a PA or Strand in your size. Which will get you 95% there. Width and length. Order Bleeker and see if the chukka style is good for you. The few eyelets takes some getting used to.

Or just order a few sizes and return. Longer you wait the less the availability.
post #56257 of 70737
$400...REALLY???? SMH....
post #56258 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post


i could but what stores stock the bleecker, especially now? maybe i'll just risk it and go true-to-size.

You'll take the same size in Blescker as in other 5 last shoes, like the park ave, strand, McAllister. Get sized for those and then order the Bleecker. Most go down .5 in length from brannock for 5 last. Some go up one width.
post #56259 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

You'll take the same size in Blescker as in other 5 last shoes, like the park ave, strand, McAllister. Get sized for those and then order the Bleecker. Most go down .5 in length from brannock for 5 last. Some go up one width.

thank you.
post #56260 of 70737
If AE starts tipping at $400, even with sales(I haven't messed with seconds really) I'm feeling more and more compelled to just spend a little more and go Alden. I enjoy the AEs I have, and I can see having a few more classic styles/colors but wouldn't see myself building as much of a collection.
post #56261 of 70737
I hope they will not be raising their prices but at the same time, most of my AE shoes are seconds. If I was going to pay $400 for a shoe I wouldn't buy AE, as there are far more brands out there that offer much sexier shoes and this is coming from someone who ONLY has AE as their dress work shoe.

Edit,

Just noticed the shoe bank put a bunch of shoes on sale. Patience is key man!

Edit again, why doesn't someone call and confirm before we start assuming?
post #56262 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
 

perfs are too big on the rogue.  they missed the mark on that.  the manager at my local store said only the jefferson is sticking around for the independence line, but they will start having independence versions of PA/FA/Strand.  

I agree on the perf size of the rogue. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of a guy with giant pores on his nose. 

I like the concept of the rogue, but the execution just doesn't work for me. In fact, not seeing anything in the recent catalog that's getting me excited. Not a big deal, as my collection still has a ton of holes in it that I should be filling anyway. 

post #56263 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie View Post
 

I agree on the perf size of the rogue. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of a guy with giant pores on his nose. 

I like the concept of the rogue, but the execution just doesn't work for me. In fact, not seeing anything in the recent catalog that's getting me excited. Not a big deal, as my collection still has a ton of holes in it that I should be filling anyway. 

 

I kinda like the Rogue, but not as much as say the Strand.

post #56264 of 70737

I own a pair of Strand and a pair of Rogue and don't really notice much of a difference on their perforations. Maybe when compared upclose/less than a foot away...

post #56265 of 70737
I wonder if shell prices are going up too
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...