or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3749  

post #56221 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

The Shoebank has a 9D walnut "Leeds 2.0".  I wonder what changes to the Leeds are in store...

 

I saw another shoe called the Cooke with no picture on the shoebank that I could not find any info on. Bitter Chocolate suede on Dainite and Brown Burnished in 8E

post #56222 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

I saw another shoe called the Cooke with no picture on the shoebank that I could not find any info on. Bitter Chocolate suede on Dainite and Brown Burnished in 8E

 

Photo here: http://www.tonino1973.de/Schuhe/Allen-Edmonds/Allen-Edmonds-COOKE-in-Braun-Wildleder

 

I think it was only released outside of the USA. There was a photo of it a few pages back here on the thread based on someone's twitter post, but someone replied something akin to, "That's not an AE!"

 

EDIT: Kinda presuming here... the @burzan says they're probably Aldens. The shoes look pretty similarly patterned with different leather and welt... but only so many ways to make a shortwing bal. Anyway, yeah, the codes aren't right...

post #56223 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

The Shoebank has a 9D walnut "Leeds 2.0".  I wonder what changes to the Leeds are in store...

 

Birdie told me it has a Poron insole. Not sure what else has changed...

post #56224 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

Photo here: http://www.tonino1973.de/Schuhe/Allen-Edmonds/Allen-Edmonds-COOKE-in-Braun-Wildleder

 

I think it was only released outside of the USA. There was a photo of it a few pages back here on the thread based on someone's twitter post, but someone replied something akin to, "That's not an AE!"

 

 

Though the Cooke does look nice those are not the same as the instagram photo. Seems to have some different stitching pattern and the instagram one isn't on Dainite from what I can tell.

post #56225 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post

Though the Cooke does look nice those are not the same as the instagram photo. Seems to have some different stitching pattern and the instagram one isn't on Dainite from what I can tell.
I was most convinced that the instagram shoes aren't from Allen Edmonds because to the best of my knowledge, AE doesn't display combination last sizes. I've never seen something like 11 B/2A on the inside of any of my shoes.
post #56226 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

I saw another shoe called the Cooke with no picture on the shoebank that I could not find any info on. Bitter Chocolate suede on Dainite and Brown Burnished in 8E

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

Photo here: http://www.tonino1973.de/Schuhe/Allen-Edmonds/Allen-Edmonds-COOKE-in-Braun-Wildleder

 

I think it was only released outside of the USA. There was a photo of it a few pages back here on the thread based on someone's twitter post, but someone replied something akin to, "That's not an AE!"

 

EDIT: Kinda presuming here... the @burzan says they're probably Aldens. The shoes look pretty similarly patterned with different leather and welt... but only so many ways to make a shortwing bal. Anyway, yeah, the codes aren't right...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Though the Cooke does look nice those are not the same as the instagram photo. Seems to have some different stitching pattern and the instagram one isn't on Dainite from what I can tell.

 

The Cooke is a European model. It appears to be on the 8-last. I bought mine at the Rack. They have a Poron insole.

 

Here are some photos of my pair.

 

 

 

 

My pair is black calfskin. They have a very faint seconds stamp but they're 100% perfect. I was told they are just discontinuing this model in Europe and had to get rid of the inventory left in the States so they sold them to the Rack (where I got my pair).

post #56227 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathandTaxes View Post
 

Another "should I keep these?" post.

Some Duggan Plazas from the recent sale that show a bit of tiger striping:

 

 

 

 

 

What do you think?

I really appreciated all of the help I received in a previous post like this (about a year ago - I got some good advice and kept some shoes that went on to be some of my favorites).
 

 

I think that, given the distinctive "cross-hatch" pattern on that model, few people other than yourself will ever notice the tiger stripping.  The latter is likely to subside over time as you polish on the laces side of the cap toe.  Therefore, I wouldn't worry about it.

post #56228 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathandTaxes View Post
 

Another "should I keep these?" post.

Some Duggan Plazas from the recent sale that show a bit of tiger striping:

 

 

 

What do you think?

I really appreciated all of the help I received in a previous post like this (about a year ago - I got some good advice and kept some shoes that went on to be some of my favorites).

Also, to keep the appreciation going - the outlets have been great in this sale and the quality overall has been high - picked up some great Bob's Chili McGregors, brown McClains, and even a pair of discounted Elgin firsts.

 

I am wearing my new Duggan Plazas today. I find them to be as comfortable as my Strands and Shreveports only a few wears in.

 

Had I not read about the "striping" being an issue on these forums, I would have assumed it was part of the design of the shoe. I have not experienced what it looks like after a few polishes, but considering you got them on clearance, and as comfortable as I have found them to be (while giving my Walnut Strands a break since I find the looks to be different, yet suitable for a similar venue) I would hang on to them.

post #56229 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

The Shoebank has a 9D walnut "Leeds 2.0".  I wonder what changes to the Leeds are in store...

 

Hm.  I think the Leeds is pretty damn perfect as is.  Hopefully this is either in addition to the original, or not a step in the wrong direction.

post #56230 of 70737

After some maintenance.

post #56231 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

After some maintenance.

These look great!
post #56232 of 70737
So I posted about the 222 last not working for me, that it was TOO tight in the toe box and I can't wear the San Marco anymore.

Interestingly enough, the players are on the same last but these fit perfect. They are seconds and I'm happy to report no major flaws just a small mark in the inside tongue

Everyone likes pics








Will try to get day time shots
post #56233 of 70737
^^^

Nice shade of navy! I like it more than the current darker, more saturated navy suede.

Great score.
post #56234 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

So I posted about the 222 last not working for me, that it was TOO tight in the toe box and I can't wear the San Marco anymore.

Interestingly enough, the players are on the same last but these fit perfect. They are seconds and I'm happy to report no major flaws just a small mark in the inside tongue

Everyone likes pics
 

I recently ordered a pair of the players in walnut calf (haven't gotten them yet) so I'm wondering - do they fit perfectly because of the suede or do they just fit differently than the San Marco?  The only sort of comparison point I can make is that I have the Lucca in both black calf and black suede and the suede feels WAY roomier.  Might be hard for you to comment on this but figured it was worth a shot.

post #56235 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

^^^

Nice shade of navy! I like it more than the current darker, more saturated navy suede.

Great score.

Pictures show it to be lighter than what it is. It's a dark navy, but still looks great. Will try to get day time outside pictures probably when the snow melts here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post

I recently ordered a pair of the players in walnut calf (haven't gotten them yet) so I'm wondering - do they fit perfectly because of the suede or do they just fit differently than the San Marco?  The only sort of comparison point I can make is that I have the Lucca in both black calf and black suede and the suede feels WAY roomier.  Might be hard for you to comment on this but figured it was worth a shot.

I'm not sure if it's because it's suede but when I say the San Marco's were so tight it was painful. I seriously wore it maybe 4-5 times with the thinking that it would stretch out like all my other AE shoes but this wasn't the case. These suede is WAY roomer in comparison to the San Marco but fits the same as my Lasalle. I have room in the toe box. I really like the look:slayer:

I can dress these up and down for casual wear

I"m awaiting my cronmoks next.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...