Somebody will have fun helping me: Please recommend a 5 AE shoe wardrobe! Business casual (with occasional suit). I live in NYC
Black Fifth Ave- Will only wear for formal occasions when they are required (not a huge fan)
Brown Strand-Love these
Dalton (Should I get a boot even if I can't wear in the summer?)
My favorite color is Oxblood, but also want one walnut. What colors/shoes would you guys pick?
The problem with NYC, similar to Philadelphia, is that the summer and winter both go to extremes.
Assuming these must include your existing shoes...
1. Dalton / Long Branch for NYC winters with a mini-lug tap sole. Navy CXL, ideally.
2. Kenwood in golden CXL and a rubber sole for summer relaxation. Patriots, maybe, if you'll wear to work.
3. Grayson in snuff, chocolate, or brogue suede with contrast tassels, to taste. Dainite sole and year-round wear...
4. Burgundy Shell Leeds... or in calf, or a Warwick / Mora 2.0 in Oxblood
5. Black PA or 5th Ave. I don't like it either, but sometimes you just need a black cap toe.
6.... oh, what to do with that brown Strand? ;-) Not bad, but I wouldn't put it in a 5-shoe-only rotation. Really, though, 5 shoes just isn't enough in our climate!
This gives you one winter boot, one summer shoe, one formal, and two all-around-all-season shoes. Is it a problem that three of the above would be MTOs?