Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3737post #56041 of 707372/20/15 at 8:51pmpost #56042 of 707372/20/15 at 9:01pmpost #56043 of 707372/20/15 at 9:09pmpost #56044 of 707372/20/15 at 9:23pmQuote:
Long Branch 13D will fit you...I wear 13E Long Branch and 12E on the 65 last for blucher and 12eee for 65 lasted bals...
The 13D will give you a bit of extra volume but you will want that to account for boot socks.post #56045 of 707372/21/15 at 2:01amQuote:
Technically "cordovan" is an older (like from the 70s) term for the color burgundy, as classically shell was only offered in #8. But yeah, he is trying to trick you.
As some products like kiwi wax in burgundy are still labeled "cordovan color," he can claim innocence. But really, he knows what he's doing.
Always look for the words "shell cordovan." And pay close attention to the creases in the pictures. When in doubt, post the link here and ask for advice.post #56046 of 707372/21/15 at 4:20ampost #56047 of 707372/21/15 at 5:56ampost #56048 of 707372/21/15 at 5:58amQuote:Originally Posted by harlequin782
Quote:such a stylish makeup...I'd give anything to see these with some Tan, Cream or Orange colored laces.Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf
(x-post from MTO thread)
Maiden voyage . . . navy shell Leeds:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks, that's a great suggestion. I don't think of swapping out laces nearly often enough!post #56049 of 707372/21/15 at 6:03amQuote:Originally Posted by polishrifle
Soliciting opinions of the Shaker Heights boots (the brown/olive tweed in particular). AE refers to these as "dress boots" but I'm concerned these may be too casual to be worn to the office, albeit not an overly conservative workplace by any means. Does the style of these boots limit their usefulness/versatility? Does the tweed limit wear to strictly to fall/winter months?
Thanks in advance.
I bought the Brooks Brothers version a few months ago. It is the exact same leather color (which is easily the best of the 3 colors AE has used for the Shaker Heights boot) but the navy/red/green tartan pattern instead of the tweed. I was a little hesitant about even wearing them out in public, but have gotten consistent compliments on them (and I'm being serious, I've worn them 4 times and have had ~10 people comment on how cool/nice looking they are). I work as a resident physician in an outpatient-based specialty, and my usual outfit is chinos + button-up shirt, no tie (with white coat). In the winter I usually put a sweater over this. I don't have any fit pics, but I've generally been rocking navy or dark khaki colored chinos with a grey or navy sweater (obviously not the navy pants/sweater together) and a button-up underneath. In my opinion, it looks fantastic, but then again my office is not very stuffy and the dress code is such that wearing a sport coat or suit would be majorly out of place. So if you're looking to wear them in a more formal setting, I'm not sure what the best advice is.post #56050 of 707372/21/15 at 6:39ampost #56051 of 707372/21/15 at 7:08ampost #56052 of 707372/21/15 at 7:23ampost #56053 of 707372/21/15 at 9:19ampost #56054 of 707372/21/15 at 9:29am
This is such a stellar model....the eyestays nlike the EC/ER and Bayfield are the perfect length down the boot which does not cause the bottom part of the eyelet flap to curl up...If you put this design on the B34 (Odenwald) last it would be KILLER for MTOspost #56055 of 707372/21/15 at 9:29am
OK, fired up the good camera for you! Luckily the battery still had some charge in it.
I'm guessing the reason these were seconds is the right shoe is not centered. Otherwise, they're very nice. Especially for $157. One thing I noticed in the third picture: the tongue is stitched to the vamp. Couldn't see that in the picture on the shoe bank site.
The 65 last fits me well, but I am on the fence about keeping these because I'm feeling a slight bit of heel slip in these. The blue AE socks I'm wearing are not very thin, maybe medium weight, and I feel a little motion even with the laces cinched tight. I've run my finger across the lining, and it's very smooth/slick compared to my others (Bleecker, Black Hills, Cambridge, and Randolph). I'd say the Randolph's lining is almost as smooth as the Mcgregor's.
Does anyone know if suede linings are different than for leathers?
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 16 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 20 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › Patagonia 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway