or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3728  

post #55906 of 70737

Walnut shell Daltons showed up today with navy Carlyles!

post #55907 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post


I'm in the market for some McAllisters, probably in Merlot or similar. Did they give any hint as to price?

 

Last year during the April sale the McAllisters were $259 (down from the then-retail price of $365). I imagine this year they'll be $269 or $279, since the current retail price is $385.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 

Walnut shell Daltons showed up today with navy Carlyles!

 

Pics or it didn't happen.

post #55908 of 70737
I thought they didn't have any walnut shells. Just natty.
post #55909 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

I feel like I am so done with the USPS.  I sold a pair of Daltons and shipped USPS Priority Mail.  The tracking info says they were delivered on Valentine's Day.  But the buyer never received them.  Buyer has never had a problem with deliveries to his doorstep before.  We both think the USPS screwed up.  Maybe they'll show up but I'm not optimistic.

 

I don't like UPS either (prefer FedEx) but seriously thinking about not using USPS to ship anymore...

 

This concerns me as I just shipped 2 pairs via USPS that I sold on eBay.

post #55910 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

They should create a separate thread solely for people who are completely happy with their AE's and want to show them off...this one has basically turned into a sizing issues/complaints/seconds thread

I agree.  Let's call it the "Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread". 

 

Seriously, I do feel sometimes that our expectations of perfection lead to our own disappointment and frustration that is shared with the world via this thread.  Instead of being cheerleaders for AE, we inadvertently act as detractors.  I am an AE fan and I love their shoes.  I wish we (me included) would all use a bit more discretion when venting about our unrealized expectations.  I will say that the 1 or 2 times I had issues with AE, they bent over backwards to satisfy me. 

post #55911 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

Walnut shell Daltons showed up today with navy Carlyles!

What size where the Daltonsm
post #55912 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


What size where the Daltonsm


12 EEE in the original walnut shell.  They were to replace by pair of 12 E that were just a tad too snug.  I need to sell the 12 Es now.

 

Originally they were hiding and marked as firsts.  When I asked for them and an inspection, they were downgraded to seconds.  They are the ones that showed up briefly on Shoebank.com, but only while they were shipped to Jville for a secondary inspection.  Originally we thought there was a tear in the leather, but now I don't think so.  I will keep them.  I've actually had my eye on them for over a year and finally decided to take the plunge.

post #55913 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlequin782 View Post

They should create a separate thread solely for people who are completely happy with their AE's and want to show them off...this one has basically turned into a sizing issues/complaints/seconds thread
I agree.  Let's call it the "Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread". 

Seriously, I do feel sometimes that our expectations of perfection lead to our own disappointment and frustration that is shared with the world via this thread.  Instead of being cheerleaders for AE, we inadvertently act as detractors.  I am an AE fan and I love their shoes.  I wish we (me included) would all use a bit more discretion when venting about our unrealized expectations.  I will say that the 1 or 2 times I had issues with AE, they bent over backwards to satisfy me. 

Yeah but then it would be the Alden thread were nothing is produced wrong and even the ugliest of shoes are hailed as evidence of God on earth....lol

Just kidding of course...
post #55914 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

What size where the Daltonsm


12 EEE.  They were to replace by pair of 12 E that were just a tad too snug.  I need to sell the 12 Es now.

You got those exactly 10 minutes before I ordered them....lol...I spent 30 minutes deciding if I should order them just to see if they would fit....

So how are they?
post #55915 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 


12 EEE in the original walnut shell.  They were to replace by pair of 12 E that were just a tad too snug.  I need to sell the 12 Es now.

 

Originally they were hiding and marked as firsts.  When I asked for them and an inspection, they were downgraded to seconds.  They are the ones that showed up briefly on Shoebank.com, but only while they were shipped to Jville for a secondary inspection.  Originally we thought there was a tear in the leather, but now I don't think so.  I will keep them.  I've actually had my eye on them for over a year and finally decided to take the plunge.

 

@polojock615, tell me about the 12E's that you are selling, please.   Feel free to PM me.

post #55916 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


You got those exactly 10 minutes before I ordered them....lol...I spent 30 minutes deciding if I should order them just to see if they would fit....

So how are they?


Sorry Kahuna - they were never actually up for grabs.  They just popped up on the website when they got downgraded.  I still had my hooks in them, though.

post #55917 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

You got those exactly 10 minutes before I ordered them....lol...I spent 30 minutes deciding if I should order them just to see if they would fit....


So how are they?


Sorry Kahuna - they were never actually up for grabs.  They just popped up on the website when they got downgraded.  I still had my hooks in them, though.

Ha......shoebank right? Yeah my rep called the store it was listed under and they said we just missed them...good i feel better now that I never had a shot.
post #55918 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


Ha......shoebank right? Yeah my rep called the store it was listed under and they said we just missed them...good i feel better now that I never had a shot.


I love them....

 

 

Do you see the defect?  It's the two lines...

 

Horween stamp!

post #55919 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post
 


I love them....

 

 

Horween stamp!

 Very nice!  Congrats!

post #55920 of 70737

@polojock615 Yeah, you scored on those! The color is phenomenal! Enjoy them my friend! I personally find the lack of pinking on those to drive me crazy. If I could go back in time, I would have ordered mine as an MTO with pinking and then I may still have them today...

 

-Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...