Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 2:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3726post #55876 of 707372/19/15 at 8:16ampost #55877 of 707372/19/15 at 8:32ampost #55878 of 707372/19/15 at 8:35ampost #55879 of 707372/19/15 at 8:49am
Just saw eagle rivers 2nds are down to $117. Had to laugh, as I bought and returned them when they were closer to $200. Ordered in my 5 last size (9d) and they seemed huge in the toe box. Plus, I expected a MUCH darker finish. Something about the light color made the soles jump out too much. I have since seen pics here on SF of someone who darkened them substantially and they looked great! Thinking of trying them in a 8.5d. I figure the leather is soft enough to stretch a little if needed. I am also hoping to eliminate the need for boot socks, as I live in Texas and, well, we don't exactly have a winter like some of you.
After trying on the Gobi in both 9d and 8.5d, I decided on the 8.5. I was shocked that I went shorter than my 65 size, but they fit like a glove. Anyone have a comparison of the 222 vs 809? What about the 222 vs 511? (My snuff fullertons may fit me the best of all my AE.)
Thanks!post #55880 of 707372/19/15 at 8:59am
Question for you sir. The Gobi and going down to 8.5, how does the rear section (heel & waist of the shoe) fit in comparison to a 9D 65 last?
I have a bit of room in the rear in the 9D 65 last, and have toe room. Was also considering going down to 8.5D for the Gobi, or 9B (which none are ever on the shoebank)
Thankspost #55881 of 707372/19/15 at 9:07ampost #55882 of 707372/19/15 at 9:25am
I had two different pair of 9d 2nds sent my way. Both looked perfect but went back with structural/insole issues. Frustrating but my SA took great care of me. He ended up ordering a handful of them in 9 and 8.5 and picking out the best. The 9d was definitely (too) roomy in the toe box, the 8.5 felt slightly short and a little snug at the widest part of my foot. I didn't notice too much difference in the rear, both seemed to fit ok when the laces were pulled tight, but the shorter length did eliminated slippage. I spent about 3 days wearing them around the house before deciding. Though lined, the suede is very giving. After 5 wears mine are still a little snug but I expect them to loosen up with time. They are super comfy!post #55883 of 707372/19/15 at 9:27amQuote:Originally Posted by Odradek
The custom colour Neumok webgem is available again, but it seems the number of colour options has dropped from previous years.
Nothing like the range in the photo below.
Stay Away from burnished red!
I do not think all the colors are loaded yet as it says 14 will be availablepost #55884 of 707372/19/15 at 9:43am
Got my Bleeckers in the mail yesterday. What a stunning design. And since I grew up on the actual Bleecker St. in Manhattan, a special delight. My wife tends to offer relatively muted praise of my footwear, but she was gushing about the Bleeckers.
To answer a question that came up before, I would definitely not size down with the 65 last. Zero extra room. A little snug even, but I'm a little wide for a 9D.
Incidentally, AE has effectively extended their "Extra 20% of Clearance" deal by simply lowering the clearance prices once the promotion ended. If you're someone like me who just can't bring themselves to spend $385 on new shoes, this is the opportunity to buy. Classic models tend not to be on clearance (especially not in traditional colors), but there's still plenty of choices.
Finally, I also ordered the Sturgis in black to see if I liked it. An attractive boot, but I'm not a boot guy, so I feel like the upper part of the upper is constantly poking me.post #55885 of 707372/19/15 at 9:46amQuote:Originally Posted by jfranci3
On the back Mctavish, they are comfortably larger than most of their dress shoes. I wouldn't change sizes. I have a pair. They are great, flexible casual shoes.
Or these are only $117. http://www.shoebank.com/FactorySecondInventory.php?STY=4005S&DIM=E&SIZE=105post #55886 of 707372/19/15 at 10:31ampost #55887 of 707372/19/15 at 11:18ampost #55888 of 707372/19/15 at 11:20ampost #55889 of 707372/19/15 at 11:27ampost #55890 of 707372/19/15 at 12:26pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 8 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Can you help verify if this cashmere kiton sweater is authentic? 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 19 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 22 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...