After seeing many comments regarding the SB, I decided to take a look. Found some PA's in my size for $249, thoughts on the price - is this a decent deal? Sorry for my lack of knowledge.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3707post #55592 of 707372/14/15 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by kbuzz
Thanks everyone for the replies re my post about dalton and denim. Im think im sold. ...oops just saw...those cmxl longbranch's and they look stellar. lol
So one more dalton question for the forum: what color? I love the walnut but I live in a pair of CJ sonniston's "tan" (really more brown and incidentally the quality is unbelievable)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
are they too close in color? The oxblood aint too shabby either...Thanks again
If you don't have any oxblood yet, you owe it to yourself to get some. Dazzling color. And, the Dalton looks great in it.post #55593 of 707372/14/15 at 2:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Zzen
Single oak sole.
Shoes look pretty good for seconds, this is the first time I have ordered a pair.
There is some finish on the sole. The edging is sloppy in places and has one large divot. There is a small tear near one lace hole that probably isn't even big enough to see on a crappy iphone pic. The right shoe medallion is also slightly off center, but not terribly so.
The sole just rubs me the wrong way for some reason. I called ahead to inquire about the pair so you think they would have mentioned that detail.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I will think on it this weekend but I am leaning towards sending them back and just waiting for my war chest to be replenished so I can buy some firsts.
That looks like the new sole design - brand new, in fact. I'm sure it was a mistake to put it on these cordovan shoes, but at least you know they're a recent build. Who knows why that happened.
Quote:Originally Posted by jcman311
Decision made. Finally actually put them on. Fit great. Keepers.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Congrats and enjoy. They look great.post #55594 of 707372/14/15 at 2:30pmQuote:
Thanks for sharing the knowledge sir.Quote:Originally Posted by NWTeal
@ZzenI think they look pretty good. I'd feel like getting a regular sole is a bit of a downer since part of the value for shell is the JR sole. What size are they?
10.5D. JR sole would definitely be better, but overall a pretty strong pair of seconds.post #55595 of 707372/14/15 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Neo1
I debated on the Kenilworth a while but decided against it. Maybe sometime I'll pick that up. I can't remember now but I think it was you who said you could pretty much get away with wearing whatever you wanted (?) I work in a super conservative environment so all that talk about the walnut strand made me a little envious - wayyy to showy for me, although really nice looking.
Anyway, I wanted to note that I own the neumok in red - the pictures are NOT at all representative, the color is much duller / more burnished than it looks on the shoebank page. I tried all four - I would actually consider the brown to be the most flashy, more so than either the blue or green. I don't like my shoes to be the centerpiece of what I'm wearing - with a casual outfit I find that the red neumok works. The brown one, no way. With the current prices I would pull the trigger on the red or green if you don't have it already.
That was me. I work in IT and our dress code is "business casual". I can get away with wearing chinos if I wanted, but I like I to dress up a little more. The kenilworth interestingly enough I had to size down .5 from my normal size in the 5 last.
I've seen the neumok brown in person and I like how it looks. I don't think it's flashy at all but as someone said once you polish it, it will become darker.
All my shoes are in brown tones with the exception of my Lasalle in chili which is a FANTASTIC color. I'm going to google the red neumok's to see how they look thanks.
I like to have all different tones of brown and different colors such as chili and oxblood. More versatile this waypost #55596 of 707372/14/15 at 2:33pmpost #55597 of 707372/14/15 at 2:40pmQuote:
Also seems to be the new darker burgundy finish that AE has started doing that we saw with the GMTO Burgundy Strands. I really like it and hope anything I order in burgundy in the future is dark like that pair. Hopefully a pair of Dundees next up for me.post #55598 of 707372/14/15 at 3:53pmpost #55599 of 707372/14/15 at 4:04pmFinally received my Bourbon Strands in the mail yesterday--the burnished finish is really nice, especially for the Strand. I think it suits the design very well:
However, my excitement was short lived when I got to the left shoe and noticed the following imperfections: (a) a cut on the broguing by the vamp on the left shoe, as well as some holes which were not cleanly punched through; and (b) wrinkling on the outer left shoe:
It's going back, unless they give me a killer deal to keep them. Oh well, at least it gave me an excuse to dust off the 5D2 and 35L for some pics.post #55600 of 707372/14/15 at 5:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Darkside
Not to dissent from your opinion, but IMO the Macneil is a very bulky shoe with a double sole that lends more to casual looks. With fitted suits, I don't think the Macneil becomes a versatile choice. I second @peppercorn78's opinion on going for a sleek blucher in bourbon or burgundy. But to be completely honest, I have a pair of burgundy double monks that have proven to be useful in all situations.
You may be right, although I think this comes down to a question of personal style. Looking at the websites for companies like J. Crew, heck even Brooks Bros, I see lots of suits with bulky double-soled shoes. In the end, as a compromise shoe to go with suits, sc, and chinos, I think a suit with with a chunky double-soled shoe is a much more successful compromise than a sleeker more formal shoe with chinos.post #55601 of 707372/14/15 at 5:19pmpost #55602 of 707372/14/15 at 5:24pmpost #55603 of 707372/14/15 at 5:54pmpost #55604 of 707372/14/15 at 6:07pmpost #55605 of 707372/14/15 at 6:09pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 29 seconds ago
- › NWT Transit Uomo Reversible Check Linen Parka Coat sz IT52 L XL 1 minute ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 3 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Louis Vuitton Epi Leather 55 Boston Keepall 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...