or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3697  

post #55441 of 70737

Does anyone own the Bellevue in CXL? If so, what are your thoughts? 

post #55442 of 70737
I received the long branch today.




I love the boot even more than I thought I would. I'm torn about keeping these. Nothing about the right boot bothers me, especially since these will be beaters. I just wish they looked more similar. No other seconds in my size. As much as I like these, I might just spring for firsts.
post #55443 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

So insane. Congrats, halfnhalfnhalf, both pairs are ridiculous. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

My Oxblood Daltons are all shined up and ready for Saturday! When I first purchased them, my SA told me to use the merlot polish that I already had for my pair of Walden loafers. Then, after reading here that burnishing was being removed with colored polishes, I switched to the AE neutral polish. The last time I wore them into the local AE brick and mortar, I was told to use black polish instead.

As a result, these have one light coat of each with a large amount of brushing and buffing with an AE cloth. These are seconds and were a bit splotchy in places that did not show up in photos, and while the neutral polish added some good gloss to the boots, the light coat of black polish evened out the finish pretty well without compromising the robust color.




I use black polish on my Oxblood First Avenues and very much like it.
post #55444 of 70737
Those Daltons are gorgeous, @CMT1! I intend to use black polish on my Oxblood Eagle Riger MTOs for the first time or two once they land.

(Edit: Pics, @JSO1?)
post #55445 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviMay View Post

Those Daltons are gorgeous, @CMT1! I intend to use black polish on my Oxblood Eagle Riger MTOs for the first time or two once they land.

(Edit: Pics, @JSO1?)


Not since I originally got them. They're earlier in this thread (and the MTO thread), but here you go again:

 

 

 

post #55446 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

I received the long branch today.




I love the boot even more than I thought I would. I'm torn about keeping these. Nothing about the right boot bothers me, especially since these will be beaters. I just wish they looked more similar. No other seconds in my size. As much as I like these, I might just spring for firsts.

That's pretty rough, even for beaters. I would return. But everyone has their own standards
post #55447 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


That's pretty rough, even for beaters. I would return. But everyone has their own standards

@mrfixit -  Agreed. If anything should look good, it's the view you see when you look down at your fine boots. 

post #55448 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


That's pretty rough, even for beaters. I would return. But everyone has their own standards


yeah, they are going back.  such a nice boot.  maybe next fall.

post #55449 of 70737
Maybe you can even it out. Maybe only wear one. For three or four years.
post #55450 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwatts2005 View Post

Maybe you can even it out. Maybe only wear one. For three or four years.


ha.  it's not really the wrinkling for me.  it's more that lopsided medallion and the highly disproportionate perf strip along the wing.  the right one is a good 30% wider.

post #55451 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

I received the long branch today.




I love the boot even more than I thought I would. I'm torn about keeping these. Nothing about the right boot bothers me, especially since these will be beaters. I just wish they looked more similar. No other seconds in my size. As much as I like these, I might just spring for firsts.

Are you sh--ing me?  They actually came like that?  I have never returned anything to them for cosmetic only flaws but come on, those look like they were worn, returned and then left out in the snow for ages.  They should be embarrassed.

post #55452 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNC View Post
 

Does anyone own the Bellevue in CXL? If so, what are your thoughts? 

 

Hello fellow Tar Heel! 

 

Received a made to order pair today, wearing them now...

 

Natural CXL minus brogueing and minus pinking.  

Reverse welt, double thick midsole, edged brown,

Vibram lugged Middlebury Gumlite outsole, same as stock Long Branch.

 

I also have a stock pair, but do not love the pinking and brogueing.  

 

I am on the wide side of size 15 D...some AE lasts are not wide enough, but the Bellevue is plenty wide. 

 

Will add pics later, no phone/camera here now.    *added


Hated hearing we've lost Hubert for the year.


 

mto Bellevues (Click to show)

 

iPhone pics

 

 


Edited by jzrhwinnj - 2/12/15 at 7:31pm
post #55453 of 70737
Oxblood Carlyle is growing on me.
When will be a good time to score a pair? They are currently $249 in shoebank. Does shoebank randomly put certain styles on sale at $199?
post #55454 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi View Post

Oxblood Carlyle is growing on me.
When will be a good time to score a pair? They are currently $249 in shoebank. Does shoebank randomly put certain styles on sale at $199?

Unless you are an odd size it might be good to jump on them before a 199 sale as they will go fast. So for an extra 50 to get pick of the litter might be money well spent. Of course if you have a great relationship with an SA they probably can tip you off to a sale.
post #55455 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post


Not since I originally got them. They're earlier in this thread (and the MTO thread), but here you go again:









Intentionally unspoilered. These things are fantastic. I am even more excited for my Eagle Rivers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...