Thanks a lot.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3683post #55232 of 707372/7/15 at 10:57pm
My own distressed teak Ashbury. Not sure if I used anything on them at that point, but I use Lexol conditioner with these. Pretty much a dinosaur of a photo, I don't own either of the PAs or Strands pictured anymore... and the Ashbury will go as soon as I wear through the soles (or sooner).post #55233 of 707372/8/15 at 7:23ampost #55234 of 707372/8/15 at 7:27ampost #55235 of 707372/8/15 at 7:57amQuote:
Wow they cleaned up great..I personally have a fear of the padded ankle strip as when I was young i just seem to remeber that piece tearing a ripping all the time...lol sort of like throwing up Jaegermeister...and never drinking it again.
I would love them to introduce those boots again maybe on the B34 last...how is the height on that boot? sort of like Alden Indy?post #55236 of 707372/8/15 at 8:14ampost #55237 of 707372/8/15 at 8:41ampost #55238 of 707372/8/15 at 9:10am
@mreams99 - Great get on those boots! I agree, too nice for the dog duty. Enjoy them!
All - Has anyone tried the new AE Premium Leather Conditioner yet? I just bought some and intend on trying it out today. At $14.95 for 1.5 oz., it's virtually the same price as Saphir Renovateur. I use both VSC and SR regularly, so I'll look for a noticeable difference / benefit to the new AE product.
It is closer to VSC in consistency than to SR, but not quite the same. It also has a unique smell / odor, which is different from the other 2 products. Since it's considerably more expensive than VSC, it will have to be very impressive to unseat that product in my mind. I paid under $30 for 32 oz. of VSC from Fore Supply Co.post #55239 of 707372/8/15 at 9:23ampost #55240 of 707372/8/15 at 11:57amThey finally managed to break my will...the bob's chili Dalton was the straw that broke the harlequin's pockets...
Fyi, i was told by my AE SA that the full slate of new releases in expanded color options will be available after the clearance sale is over and they have cleared out last year's stock...so that oxblood warwick should be available soon, if this is true.post #55241 of 707372/8/15 at 2:30pmpost #55242 of 707372/8/15 at 2:39pmQuestion about buying seconds. Looking at the shoe bank site i see the Carlyle. I've been wearing bass shoes for a while to work. The 108 last fits me best between the Park Avenues and Lasalle. What to ask them when ordering? I'll be wearing them primarily with khakis and occasional dress pants to work. It's Business casual environment.post #55243 of 707372/8/15 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by radipublications
Question about buying seconds. Looking at the shoe bank site i see the Carlyle. I've been wearing bass shoes for a while to work. The 108 last fits me best between the Park Avenues and Lasalle. What to ask them when ordering? I'll be wearing them primarily with khakis and occasional dress pants to work. It's Business casual environment.
Ask them if you can buy a pair?
I'm a tad confused by what you're looking for exactly in your post.post #55244 of 707372/8/15 at 3:40pmpost #55245 of 707372/8/15 at 5:37pmQuote:
Please post your thoughts if/when you pull the trigger on the Mora. They were on my hit list for this month, but I decided to go with a pair on clearance and delay them until at least March, or the next great sale.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 seconds ago
- › Sutor Mantellassi Shoes - New in Box - Lots of Shoes and Sizes -... 2 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 55 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 59 seconds ago
- › Heinrich Dinkelacker P0rn 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › ALDEN Loafers for sale, size 10D, $175 OBO 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › Septieme Largeur footwear - Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 3 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...