Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3683  

post #55231 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
 


My camera isn't working but here is a picture taken with photo booth on my iMac.


Thanks a lot. 

post #55232 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by INMustang View Post
 


Thanks a lot. 

 

 

My own distressed teak Ashbury. Not sure if I used anything on them at that point, but I use Lexol conditioner with these. Pretty much a dinosaur of a photo, I don't own either of the PAs or Strands pictured anymore... and the Ashbury will go as soon as I wear through the soles (or sooner).

 

 

DSC01826.jpg

post #55233 of 70737


Here are my Cascade's in black/brown.
They cleaned up pretty nicely.
post #55234 of 70737
I bought those Cascades on eBay ($35) thinking they'd be good to wear for things like walking the dogs on these sloppy days. After cleaning them up, now I think they look too nice to treat like that.
post #55235 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post

I bought those Cascades on eBay ($35) thinking they'd be good to wear for things like walking the dogs on these sloppy days. After cleaning them up, now I think they look too nice to treat like that.

 

Wow they cleaned up great..I personally have a fear of the padded ankle strip as when I was young i just seem to remeber that piece tearing a ripping all the time...lol sort of like throwing up Jaegermeister...and never drinking it again.

 

I would love them to introduce those boots again maybe on the B34 last...how is the height on that boot? sort of like Alden Indy?

post #55236 of 70737
I have never seen them next to each other, but the Cascade does not look as tall as the Indy to me.
post #55237 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreams99 View Post



Here are my Cascade's in black/brown.
They cleaned up pretty nicely.
Those do look nice - like the contrast!
post #55238 of 70737

@mreams99 - Great get on those boots!  I agree, too nice for the dog duty.  Enjoy them!

 

All - Has anyone tried the new AE Premium Leather Conditioner yet?  I just bought some and intend on trying it out today.  At $14.95 for 1.5 oz., it's virtually the same price as Saphir Renovateur.  I use both VSC and SR regularly, so I'll look for a noticeable difference / benefit to the new AE product. 

 

 

It is closer to VSC in consistency than to SR, but not quite the same.  It also has a unique smell / odor, which is different from the other 2 products.  Since it's considerably more expensive than VSC, it will have to be very impressive to unseat that product in my mind.  I paid under $30 for 32 oz. of VSC from Fore Supply Co. 

post #55239 of 70737

@FatTuesday I have had it for a month or so just have not used it on anything yet....can not wait to hear what you think.

post #55240 of 70737
They finally managed to break my will...the bob's chili Dalton was the straw that broke the harlequin's pockets...

Fyi, i was told by my AE SA that the full slate of new releases in expanded color options will be available after the clearance sale is over and they have cleared out last year's stock...so that oxblood warwick should be available soon, if this is true.
post #55241 of 70737
How does the 8 last fit compared to the 5 last? I have a pair of 5th aves and park aves in 9.5D. I'm looking at the Mora 2.0, but there isn't a store around me to try them on. Thanks!
post #55242 of 70737
Question about buying seconds. Looking at the shoe bank site i see the Carlyle. I've been wearing bass shoes for a while to work. The 108 last fits me best between the Park Avenues and Lasalle. What to ask them when ordering? I'll be wearing them primarily with khakis and occasional dress pants to work. It's Business casual environment.
post #55243 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by radipublications View Post

Question about buying seconds. Looking at the shoe bank site i see the Carlyle. I've been wearing bass shoes for a while to work. The 108 last fits me best between the Park Avenues and Lasalle. What to ask them when ordering? I'll be wearing them primarily with khakis and occasional dress pants to work. It's Business casual environment.

 

Ask them if you can buy a pair?

 

I'm a tad confused by what you're looking for exactly in your post.

post #55244 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by db78 View Post

How does the 8 last fit compared to the 5 last? I have a pair of 5th aves and park aves in 9.5D. I'm looking at the Mora 2.0, but there isn't a store around me to try them on. Thanks!

 

Down half a length, start there.

post #55245 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by db78 View Post

How does the 8 last fit compared to the 5 last? I have a pair of 5th aves and park aves in 9.5D. I'm looking at the Mora 2.0, but there isn't a store around me to try them on. Thanks!

Please post your thoughts if/when you pull the trigger on the Mora. They were on my hit list for this month, but I decided to go with a pair on clearance and delay them until at least March, or the next great sale.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...