Not sure about seconds, but some of us definitely picked up some regular SWIMS for $30. I picked up a brown and red pair. This was about three of four years ago IIRC. Not sure why they were being discounted.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3668post #55006 of 707372/3/15 at 1:16pmpost #55007 of 707372/3/15 at 2:03pmpost #55008 of 707372/3/15 at 2:13pmpost #55009 of 707372/3/15 at 2:19pmpost #55010 of 707372/3/15 at 2:30pmQuote:
The Shoe Bank may not carry Swims seconds, but they often discount accessories during their sales when the main website and retail stores are not (shoe trees are 15% off currently at outlet stores only). You may be able to take advantage of that small discount.
Speaking of shoe trees, when's the next Jos Bank sale - I need about 6 or 8 pair.post #55011 of 707372/3/15 at 3:48pmpost #55012 of 707372/3/15 at 3:54pmpost #55013 of 707372/3/15 at 4:30pmpost #55014 of 707372/3/15 at 4:38pmCavanaugh Fit Discussion (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by tradbrah
I tried it on in my 5-last size, but it was too wide. I have a narrow foot (B) though which can make loafers tough to size. The length was good, so unfortunately I don't think I could get away with going a .5 size down to make it fit width wise.
Going to give the Patriot a try as I have heard it runs a bit narrow.
I apologize if that information isn't helpful.Quote:Originally Posted by LordRasta
I ordered the blue and chocolate suede in 11.5 E instead of 11.5 D because I thought they were on the same last as the Rye N.Y. which did not fit in my normal 11.5 D. They are too wide and my heel slips out. They are on clearance but I'm hoping my SA can find the right size.Quote:
Thanks @tradbrah , @LordRasta and @Neo1 on the Cavanaugh fit comments. Sounds like a tough call with loafers in general. I couldn't get a foot in a 9.5D Randolph, but my heel would slip with a 10D. However a tongue pad did make the fit lengthwise perfect. No slip at all. It's just that the toe area is a bit tight. Definitely not as comfortable as my 65 last models.
Oh well, the Cavanaugh may be off the list anyway. When I showed my better half these and the Gobi I went to look at, she said "I don't like that material." Rut roh!post #55015 of 707372/3/15 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by BoxSRS60
Can someone give me a comparison between the 65last and the 2592 hand sewn last? I have my first 2 (of what I'm sure will be many more, I've already visited the 2 AE stores near me). I've got the Olive and Navy Rush Streets in 10.5D. And I am pretty happy with the fit. I tend to like a bit more room (width and height) for my toes. My feet measure at 10.5D both according to the paper sizer and the sizer in the store. I've considered trying a 10.5E in the 65 last just to see if that gives me a bit more room for my pinky toe. I'd like some loafers, and I understand that most of the loafers are a bit more narrow than the 65 last. I'm specifically looking at a loafer on the 2592 hand sewn last which the ladies in both stores said run more narrow than the 65 last.. What do you think about the width of the 2592 vs 65 and is it worth trying a 10.5E vs 10.5D in the 2592?
I guess I should check out a shoe in the store based on the 2592 in 10.5E and that would settle it.
I bought a Fastball from the Shoebank over the summer for my dad. He said he wore a 10, so I got a 10D. When I (and the shoes) got there, it was apparent his foot was much wider. But I wear a 10D also in the 65 last, so I thought I might keep them. Length was OK, but even though I like a snugger fit, I would have gone up in width to E on the 2592 last. There just wasn't much room there.post #55016 of 707372/3/15 at 4:48pmQuote:
We had an absolute blast.
Unfortunately I was only able to catch the beginning of the parade. My wife's friend overdid it and became ill, and we had to help her back to the house where we stayed with her until we were sure she'd be OK.
I ended up bringing the camera, but mostly left it behind because I did not want to worry about it.
So much fun!post #55017 of 707372/3/15 at 5:12pmpost #55018 of 707372/3/15 at 5:12pmpost #55019 of 707372/3/15 at 5:38pmpost #55020 of 707372/3/15 at 5:40pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett Black Ribbed Wool Scarf 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › RALPH LAUREN BUTTON DOWN SHIRT 17.5 3 minutes ago
- › Uniqlo Black Slim Fit Blazer Size M 5 minutes ago
- › Alfred Sargent for J Crew Double Monk Strap Leather Shoes - SZ 8 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. New Standard Black Jeans 27 Brand New 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...