Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/18/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3662post #54916 of 707372/2/15 at 11:51ampost #54917 of 707372/2/15 at 12:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by LEgoiste
Thanks! Just ordered a pair of BB PA for $149 and snuff suede Gobi for $187 from the Shoebank.
Snuff Suede Gobi rocks...you will love itpost #54918 of 707372/2/15 at 1:04pmpost #54919 of 707372/2/15 at 1:18pmQuote:
You send them an e-mail and request the BB models. They know it isn't on shoebank, so they respond quickly. I got my list within 30 minutes of request. I'll PM you the listpost #54920 of 707372/2/15 at 1:27pmpost #54921 of 707372/2/15 at 1:34pmpost #54922 of 707372/2/15 at 1:37pmpost #54923 of 707372/2/15 at 1:38pmpost #54924 of 707372/2/15 at 1:42pmpost #54925 of 707372/2/15 at 1:46pmpost #54926 of 707372/2/15 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by random-adam
From Allen Edmonds' description for Swims on their website:"We've always thought that it doesn't make any sense to invest in a top-quality pair of Allen Edmonds shoes and not do everything you can to protect them."
You'll find a variety of answers to your question. I had a pair of boots made up from Dublin leather with a lugged sole specifically for wretched salty snowy weather, immediately HDLP'd them, and reapply it as necessary. I'll also wear shell since it's a durable material that many believe looks better after significant wear.
You won't see me in calf when it's gross out (except for a dedicated, heavily-wax-polished pair of dainite-soled formal shoes for when I'm in a tuxedo and the show must go on). I've got a pair of swims just in case for a funeral or wedding or job interview. They're used maybe once or twice a year at most.
That is what I thought, leather is leather even with a rubber or lugged sole. Anyway, I picked up a pair of Bellevue's today and have a calf Gobi on the way to compare. Tried the Bleeker's as well but wanted something a little bit more casual and rugged.post #54927 of 707372/2/15 at 2:05pmpost #54928 of 707372/2/15 at 2:57pm
Long time lurker and AE shoe collector...
Question for those who own the Strand/Mcallister and Park ave/Fifth ave..
I own the Strand, Mcallister, and Shereveport (all on the 65 last) in 9E, and they fit perfectly. On the AE fit print out, I'm a 9E.
Not too long ago, I purchased a pair of Park Ave's on ebay in 9E, assuming they would fit the exact same, as they are on the same last. They were relatively unworn seconds.
To my surprise, when I got them, they were longer and wider than my other 9Es on the 65 last... the laces closed all the way and still fit loose, and there was more room in the toe.
I measured/compared my 9E Strands and Mcallisters to them, and the Park Ave's were actually a bit longer and wider! Almost like they were 9.5D's or something.
Now I want to pick up a brown Fifth Ave during the shoebank sale, but am worried about going with 9E and having the same fit issue.... I do not live close to try a Park Ave on, and since I am in Canada, returning them if they don't fit will be a hassle, and expensive.
Can anyone comment on this before I go ahead and order the 9E's, hoping it was some sort of issue with those specific shoes?
Thanks!post #54929 of 707372/2/15 at 3:39pm
Totally stoked to see the Dark Brown McTavish at $149 on Shoebank.com. Just put in an order with a rep. I know a number of you folks were disappointed with the pricing for this latest sale, but I think that's a great price point for that shoe.post #54930 of 707372/2/15 at 3:56pmQuote:
That was one of the few standouts in my mind - the McTavish kicks ass. Enjoy.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 10 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 14 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...