or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3658  

post #54856 of 70737

Looks like the Shoebank sale has begun.  Not super impressive, but some relief on shell seconds.  Most shell seconds are $399 while a few are higher - either some odd pricing structure I'm ignorant to -or- temporary pricing glitches.

post #54857 of 70737
Group shot of my Shell Cordovan

post #54858 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

Group shot of my Shell Cordovan

 Nice photo of a gorgeous collection.  Great job on shining them up.  Now you need to wear them.  They all look unworn!

post #54859 of 70737

The shoebank sale isn't very good, but I can at least get some Chili Daltons now.  Anyone seen the Chili Daltons in person?  It's either these or a pair of Carminas for $100 more.

post #54860 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtaylor View Post

Group shot of my Shell Cordovan
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Great collection.  Thanks for sharing.

post #54861 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post

Looks like the Shoebank sale has begun.  Not super impressive, but some relief on shell seconds.  Most shell seconds are $399 while a few are higher - either some odd pricing structure I'm ignorant to -or- temporary pricing glitches.

I think they just haven't reduced everything yet. I.e. Daltons have been reduced, but Long Branch shows the old price.
post #54862 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm722 View Post


I really like the darker color. How do you like them so far? How does the sizing compare.


http://www.styleforum.net/t/448349/shoe-leather-experts

 

I like the fit/feel of the boot just fine.  The 222 does feel a bit more narrow but nothing crazy.  I have a fairly average foot so I can move around without much fuss.  I think the leather is a bit "fragile" for a lug boot but that is just my opinion.   

post #54863 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post

 Nice photo of a gorgeous collection.  Great job on shining them up.  Now you need to wear them.  They all look unworn!

Thank you, I don't get to wear any one pair too often, since my overall collection is pretty large.
post #54864 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post


Oh, I think I get what you meant - "bizarro" shoes made on the 65 last.

Can't answer, as I don't have any Park Aves (nor could I bring myself to buy Strands last summer during the Nordstrom sale, as I just don't need such dressy shoes), but my guess would be Black Hills fit is atypical, given the stiffer waxy leather.

But I'm just a n00b, so what do I know? biggrin.gif

I guess with posting instead of talking face to face, things can really get misunderstood.  I wasn't trying to offend at all, if you took it that way please accept my apologies.  If you have use for the more casual styles, there are a ton of really good options right now if you want some recommendations. 

post #54865 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifthand View Post
 

Wow.  Did you use a neutral cream on those?  I used a light brown Meltonian and mine turned out much different that yours. 

 

 

Wow!!!!!  I like how yours came out.  I use the AE neutral premium polish first, then the AE neutral carnauba wax polish.  And a LOT of buffing.  I find that after buffing with the brush, wiping it down with a cloth brings out a nice shine.


Edited by LordRasta - 2/1/15 at 6:39pm
post #54866 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRasta View Post
 

 

 


I also have to ask - what do you wear these things with?  In the pics and everytime I saw them in the store I always remarked how spectacular they looked but I just couldn't picture how I would wear them.  For weekend casual I sometimes wear dark denim super skinny jeans with my red neumoks but would never wear them to work.  The Neumok was another example - I absolutely loved the antiquated olive and blue colors too but just couldn't see anything beyond casual use.

post #54867 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by garland View Post
 

 

Ok I have to ask. What are you doing on your shoes? these look awesome, so do your eagle rivers and strands. 

 

Thanks Garland.  I use neutral AE premium polish and AE carnauba wax.  Unless it's a black shoe, I stick to neutral.

post #54868 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm722 View Post
 

The shoebank sale isn't very good, but I can at least get some Chili Daltons now.  Anyone seen the Chili Daltons in person?  It's either these or a pair of Carminas for $100 more.


Two things -

 

1. Let's not beat around the bush.  The shoebank sale sucks.  But - if there are new people to AE who absolutely MUST have something like a strand/fifth ave, etc., many of the brooks brothers versions are on sale for decent discounts and these are not listed on the site.

 

2. The chili daltons look really nice....but my vote would be for the Carminas.

post #54869 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 


I also have to ask - what do you wear these things with?  In the pics and everytime I saw them in the store I always remarked how spectacular they looked but I just couldn't picture how I would wear them.  For weekend casual I sometimes wear dark denim super skinny jeans with my red neumoks but would never wear them to work.  The Neumok was another example - I absolutely loved the antiquated olive and blue colors too but just couldn't see anything beyond casual use.

 

I wore the green ones to church one Sunday with some khaki's (our church is very relaxed when it comes to dress).  The blue ones I've worn with jeans.  I knew when I bought them they would be for casual and not dress.  They are VERY comfortable, it is my first time getting Dainite soles and I can't stress enough how great the sole is.

post #54870 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 


I also have to ask - what do you wear these things with?  In the pics and everytime I saw them in the store I always remarked how spectacular they looked but I just couldn't picture how I would wear them.  For weekend casual I sometimes wear dark denim super skinny jeans with my red neumoks but would never wear them to work.  The Neumok was another example - I absolutely loved the antiquated olive and blue colors too but just couldn't see anything beyond casual use.

 

My son loves the Neumok and has all the colors now.  He's a jeans all the time kind of guy so it works for him.  My Dad got me into AE and now I've gotten my son into AE.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...