Thoughts on the Kenilworth? I really never gave a PTB much thought, but the price has me intrigued, and I like the burnishing of the brown color.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:47 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 365
Styleforum Top Picks
So which color did you choose? I have the black and I love them.
I have the natural and love them. Thinking about picking up the black ones too. They are one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I own. They do run about a half size too large. If you run a quick search here or read the comments on the AE website, this is what everyone is saying and I find it to be true.
Edited by Ink007 - 5/17/12 at 2:24pm
they do have their 2nd's sale going on right now.
AE_Memorial_Sale_Mailer_2012_Front.pdf 144k .pdf file
AE_Memorial_Sale_Mailer_2012_Back.pdf 155k .pdf file
thanks a lot, i ordered brooks strand.
Snuff suede. The first one looks terrible.
I vote for snuff suede, which I just added to my collection. Note that it does not have contrast stitching, as you can see here (sorry for the crappy picture).
I have the Fairfax in black, merlot, and chestnut. The chestnut pair gets more compliments than just about any shoe I own. All are quite handsome, in my opinion. And they are extremely comfortable for me. I guess the only thing that matters is that you are happy with them.
I saw the Chestnut Fairfax at Nordstroms as well, but they only had them in 8D or something. First time I've seen an AE Chestnut colored shoe in person, and I gotta say the color is really amazing. I love it, although I'm not sure what I would wear with it. I'm sure I'd think of something!
I wore my Chili Fairfaxes last night and got several compliments on them. I like them, and apparently some of my friends/acquaintances like them too!
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 30 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 56 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 14 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 16 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories