or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3629  

post #54421 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post
 

I just ordered and received a pair of first quality Duke loafers from AE clearance.  I have the Patriots in football grain as well as the Promontory Point boots.  I wanted the rubber soled loafers, so I got them for a great price.  I expected them to arrive with shoe bags, but they did not.  Is this because they're DR-made shoes -or- is this because they're clearance??? 

 

 

Its because they are made in the DR. 

post #54422 of 70737
Anyone familiar as to which last the Jos Bank Nathan is on?
post #54423 of 70737
Very nice always so tempted to buy these
post #54424 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg View Post

Couldn't get enough of the natty shell MacNeils since I received them last week. Wearing them again today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Mac, those are superb. Actually look a lot like the Alden Whiskeys that I am wearing right now when I look at my feet (at least color wise as I am wearing a full-strap loafer)...

 

-Mike

post #54425 of 70737
That natural shell is mesmorizing...i thought that color would be a little boring at first, but after seeing pics of them in the wild, its easily my favorite shell color.

Im really digging the more caramel light brown tones of it more than the peanut butter light brown tones of the walnut.
post #54426 of 70737

Promontory Point boots again today - they really handle the snow/ice/slush we get every time it snows here in Denver.  Ultimately, I like the mini-lug sole on the Aberdeens a bit better for snow, but the Dainite soles on the PP boots works quite well.  One thing I like about it is that it doesn't get clogged with snow like the mini-lugs can:

 

post #54427 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyort1 View Post
 

Promontory Point boots again today - they really handle the snow/ice/slush we get every time it snows here in Denver.  Ultimately, I like the mini-lug sole on the Aberdeens a bit better for snow, but the Dainite soles on the PP boots works quite well.  One thing I like about it is that it doesn't get clogged with snow like the mini-lugs can:

 

 

Good to finally find some "in the wild" pics of these boots. They look great. I've been contemplating picking up a pair for myself. How did you size for these? 

post #54428 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

Anyone familiar as to which last the Jos Bank Nathan is on?

I think the 97.
post #54429 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

 

 

Mac, those are superb. Actually look a lot like the Alden Whiskeys that I am wearing right now when I look at my feet (at least color wise as I am wearing a full-strap loafer)...

 

-Mike

 



Actually a concern I was having after seeing the IRL pics. I was planning on getting the DC Whiskeys. Seems a bit redundant though. At least the MacNeils will have eyelets. Thats enough of a difference right smile.gif
post #54430 of 70737

Question: Does the 7 last have a roomier toe area than the 5 last?

Thanks

post #54431 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEgoiste View Post

Question: Does the 7 last have a roomier toe area than the 5 last?


Thanks

Not in my exoerience. It's roomier in the waist, but then more aggressively tapered in the toe.
post #54432 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Not in my exoerience. It's roomier in the waist, but then more aggressively tapered in the toe.

+1, but I wear the same size in both.
post #54433 of 70737
It's Friday so I had some fun with the Odenwalds


Chris
post #54434 of 70737

I stopped by the Madison and 44th St. store the other day and the SA (who was the manager) scoffed when I told him I like shoes in the 8 last, stating that, "they don't really talk in terms of lasts anymore." What does that even mean?

post #54435 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

I stopped by the Madison and 44th St. store the other day and the SA (who was the manager) scoffed when I told him I like shoes in the 8 last, stating that, "they don't really talk in terms of lasts anymore." What does that even mean?

 

All lasts are created equal, you lastist, you. (Kidding, I have no idea what he meant.)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...