or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3617  

post #54241 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorphelps View Post
 

Is this new? Has anything actually been added yet, or is this upcoming?

 

 

Doesn't look like they added anything new… maybe there are more sizes available.

post #54242 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 


Thanks awfully for posting about this.  I ordered a pair of Khaki (Grain) McTavishs.  I will post pictures when they arrive, which should be in about a week.

Looking forward to seeing these since I was also considering them.  What kind of sole?

post #54243 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post


I have both. I wear the same size in both.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

I had to go to e width to fit the patriot (from D)

Thanks guys. I'll try true to size and see...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


I don't think they're loud at all. I was actually looking at the tan suede in the nuemok's

I was told the Players in Sand Suede were "defective", which I thought all seconds were. These must be bad. 

post #54244 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

Looking forward to seeing these since I was also considering them.  What kind of sole?


I will know what kind of sole for sure when the Khaki (Grain) McTavishs arrive.   In the Shoebank picture it looks a leather sole.  If it's leather, I'll have TOPY sole protectors put on.

post #54245 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post


Thanks guys. I'll try true to size and see...

I was told the Players in Sand Suede were "defective", which I thought all seconds were. These must be bad. 

Did you ask specifics? I"m going to call later today and ask them to give it a once over.
post #54246 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


Did you ask specifics? I"m going to call later today and ask them to give it a once over.


Are they going to be open today?

post #54247 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorphelps View Post


Are they going to be open today?

Eh? Why wouldn't they?
post #54248 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


Eh? Why wouldn't they?

 

Just wasn't sure how they're handling MLK Jr. Day.

post #54249 of 70737
yes they will be open today.😊
While Allen Edmonds is an American institution, it is thankfully not a government entity. Buy a pair of shoes today and support American jobs and the American economy!👍
post #54250 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post

yes they will be open today.😊

Ah right. I'm from Canada, didn't know about that
post #54251 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorphelps View Post
 


Are they going to be open today?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post


Eh? Why wouldn't they?

They might be sad from the Packers loss last night  :hide:

post #54252 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

MTO brown shell MacNeils today:

 

 

Eat your heart out, Alden.  ;)

 

Out of respect to the thread, I have spoiler-alerted the following...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

My friend, while your Brown Shell McNeils are a very nice shell longwing, I will continue to consume these shell LWBs.  :) 

post #54253 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorphelps View Post
 

Replacement Bleeckers just got here. How does this even happen?!

 

 

I've decided to keep this pair. I got them to adjust the price to the current price of a first ($297).

 

The associate offered to take them back and send another pair, but I'm not willing to risk getting a pair with worse issues, like a torn liner for instance. She also offered to adjust to the price of seconds ($237) but I would be ineligible for any other customer service aside from recrafting. Not willing to take that risk either.

post #54254 of 70737
^The Alden LWBs look much better than AE MacNeils, IMO. And I'm so glad I went with AE McGregors, which look even better. tongue.gif
post #54255 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorphelps View Post

I've decided to keep this pair. I got them to adjust the price to the current price of a first ($297).

The associate offered to take them back and send another pair, but I'm not willing to risk getting a pair with worse issues, like a torn liner for instance. She also offered to adjust to the price of seconds ($237) but I would be ineligible for any other customer service aside from recrafting. Not willing to take that risk either.

Glad to see you were able to work something out with this shoes.

Can I ask why 2nds Pricing would preclude you from any other customer service other than recrafting? I was always under the assumption that AE's 2nds still fall under their guarantee, with the exception of the "minor cosmetic blemishes" which qualify it for 2nd Pricing. From the SB site: "Our Factory-Second shoes contain a minor cosmetic blemish that does not affect the fit, comfort or durability of our shoes."

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what "customer service" you would be losing out on with 2nds Pricing...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...