or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3596  

post #53926 of 70737

Not sure if we're still doing this, but here are all my AE shoes.  I bought my first pair used on ebay my 4th year of medical school in 2011 when searching for shoes to wear for residency interviews and interview dinners.  They were my black Bradleys.  In hindsight, they were (still are) in pretty beat up shape, but they were a steal and they still looked 10x better and nicer than any shoe I had owned before.  I don't wear them anymore and should probably donate them to goodwill.  You'll notice in my collection that I seem to gravitate towards specific styles/shoes and then expand the color choices within that.

 

1. Bradley - Black

2. Delray - Chili

3. Delray - Dark Brown

4. Lasalle - Dark Brown (bought these used early on as well, in great condition.  Planned to ditch them after buying the Delrays, but kept them around as bad weather bluchers)

5. RL Sanderson - Walnut

6. RL Sanderson - Brown

7. RL Singleton - Walnut

8. RL Singleton - Brown

9. Fairfax - Chili

10. Dalton - Chocolate

11. Dalton - Walnut

12. Long Branch - Dark Brown Grain

13. Eagle County - Tan

14. BB Shaker Heights - Brown with Tartan panels

 

15. To Boot NY Caine - Black (beautiful plain toe balmoral for formalwear).

 

16. J&M Melton - Black

17. J&M Melton - Burgundy

 

I have little need for balmorals except for the occasional formal-ish occasion, which is why I own so few.  My typical office wardrobe consists of a button down shirt (+/- a sweater on top in the winter), chinos, and the shoes du jour.

post #53927 of 70737

Also, I'd be curious to hear from you guys which pair of shoes that you own tend to get the most comments/compliments.

 

Up until a few months ago, it was surprisingly my Eagle County boots (regular factor specs in tan).  I mostly wear them when it's raining or when there's been a lot of snow and slush on the ground.  People seem to really like them.


People still comment heavily on them, but I'd say my Walnut Daltons now receive the most compliments.

post #53928 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

CMT,

Those are terrific. Great job in cleaning them up.

-Mike

Thanks Mike. It took a while, and definitely longer than I would have expected. I was surprised in the store when I pulled them out of the box. They were really dark, and seemed much darker than the burgundy Cambridge that I was wearing. There was so much product coating the shoes that - at least to my eye - it had clouded the finish.

InStore.jpg

DundeeCambridge.jpg

I've had my Cambridge for about 7 months, they have seen relentless brushing and Mac Method damp wiping, etc., to the point where I am really satisfied with the condition of the leather. I figured a half hour of elbow grease would remove the majority of the goop from the Dundees but, two hours later, I was still pulling polish off the shoes. While this is only my fourth pair of shell AEs, I have never seen this much polish come off a shoe - or quite so stubbornly.

Now that they are showing their true, robust burgundy color a lot better, I am considering trying Reno'Mat on them to remove the rest of the polish from the sides where it is still visible, but the reported strength of that product gives me pause. I think I am going to stick with the damp wiping/brushing for at least a few weeks before making that decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post


People still comment heavily on them, but I'd say my Walnut Daltons now receive the most compliments.

My experience as well. My oxblood Daltons get a lot of positive attention, far more than any other shoe or boot I own.
post #53929 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

Not sure if we're still doing this, but here are all my AE shoes.  I bought my first pair used on ebay my 4th year of medical school in 2011 when searching for shoes to wear for residency interviews and interview dinners.  They were my black Bradleys.  In hindsight, they were (still are) in pretty beat up shape, but they were a steal and they still looked 10x better and nicer than any shoe I had owned before.  I don't wear them anymore and should probably donate them to goodwill.  You'll notice in my collection that I seem to gravitate towards specific styles/shoes and then expand the color choices within that.

 

1. Bradley - Black

2. Delray - Chili

3. Delray - Dark Brown

4. Lasalle - Dark Brown (bought these used early on as well, in great condition.  Planned to ditch them after buying the Delrays, but kept them around as bad weather bluchers)

5. RL Sanderson - Walnut

6. RL Sanderson - Brown

7. RL Singleton - Walnut

8. RL Singleton - Brown

9. Fairfax - Chili

10. Dalton - Chocolate

11. Dalton - Walnut

12. Long Branch - Dark Brown Grain

13. Eagle County - Tan

14. BB Shaker Heights - Brown with Tartan panels

 

15. To Boot NY Caine - Black (beautiful plain toe balmoral for formalwear).

 

16. J&M Melton - Black

17. J&M Melton - Burgundy

 

I have little need for balmorals except for the occasional formal-ish occasion, which is why I own so few.  My typical office wardrobe consists of a button down shirt (+/- a sweater on top in the winter), chinos, and the shoes du jour.


What specialty did you choose? Are you still in residency or have you finished and gone into practice? I'm a third year now and love when I am in rotations where I don't have to wear sneakers and scrubs. I know it is better for the dirty situations and comfortable, but I prefer to just change into them as needed and wear my nicer clothing and proper shoes when seeing patients. 

post #53930 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


What specialty did you choose? Are you still in residency or have you finished and gone into practice? I'm a third year now and love when I am in rotations where I don't have to wear sneakers and scrubs. I know it is better for the dirty situations and comfortable, but I prefer to just change into them as needed and wear my nicer clothing and proper shoes when seeing patients. 

Dermatology, have one (and a half) more year of residency.

I agree, it's nice to "get to" wear your nicer clothing/shoes. as long as you're smart about things, you shouldn't have to worry too much about getting this in the hospital. Just don't wear them anytime you plan on going to the OR, are on labor and delivery, or might be doing potentially messy bedside procedures on the wards.
post #53931 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post


Dermatology, have one (and a half) more year of residency.

I agree, it's nice to "get to" wear your nicer clothing/shoes. as long as you're smart about things, you shouldn't have to worry too much about getting this in the hospital. Just don't wear them anytime you plan on going to the OR, are on labor and delivery, or might be doing potentially messy bedside procedures on the wards.


Congrats. I considered Derm and enjoy it but I want to do foot/ankle surgery. I have had my own problems that got me so interested in it.

I think it would be very interesting to get some extra work in both Derm and Vasc so I can do wound care as well, because I seem to see the most involved wounds on the lower extremity in diabetics anyway, so I think it could be a cool niche. What is your thought? 

 

I want to be in a practice later on, so that should work out fine. Those are the exact times that I figured wearing scrubs would be best. I actually asked my school if I would be able to spend a month at the Philly VA and spend time with the podiatry service, because they are doing a lot of ortho work plus wound care with so many diabetic vets that don't take care of themselves. I learned so much there and was really impressed by how thorough their work was, but that was a rotation where I needed scrubs everyday. It could become a total mess from some of those wounds, even in the clinic situations before taking them to the OR. 

post #53932 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post

Also, I'd be curious to hear from you guys which pair of shoes that you own tend to get the most comments/compliments.

Up until a few months ago, it was surprisingly my Eagle County boots (regular factor specs in tan).  I mostly wear them when it's raining or when there's been a lot of snow and slush on the ground.  People seem to really like them.


People still comment heavily on them, but I'd say my Walnut Daltons now receive the most compliments.

My Walnut Strands gets the most compliments, but all my AE shoes get complimens
post #53933 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

My experience as well. My oxblood Daltons get a lot of positive attention, far more than any other shoe or boot I own.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

My Walnut Strands gets the most compliments, but all my AE shoes get complimens

 

My Oxblood First Avenues got more compliments in the first three or four wears than all my other AE shoes combined (and I have a lot, now...). Interestingly enough, my Dark Chili McGregors also get a ton of compliments. Guess people dig the reddish tones these days.

post #53934 of 70737
Woohooo lacing fun arrrived....

post #53935 of 70737

mw313 posted his, so why not...

AE

1. Park Ave Black Calf

2. Jermyn Black Calf

3. Dalton Black Calf

4. Lucca Black Leather

5. Lucca Black Suede

6. McTavish Black

7. Neumok Red

8. Grand Cayman Black Croc Print

 

Others

Red Wing Beckman, Cigar

Nocona Black Deertan

TBNY Adam Derrick Brown Suede

Coach Driving Mocs

 

and too many Cole Haans to list, don't worry, done with these now.

post #53936 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 

mw313 posted his, so why not...

AE

1. Park Ave Black Calf

2. Jermyn Black Calf

3. Dalton Black Calf

4. Lucca Black Leather

5. Lucca Black Suede

6. McTavish Black

7. Neumok Red

8. Grand Cayman Black Croc Print

 

Others

Red Wing Beckman, Cigar

Nocona Black Deertan

TBNY Adam Derrick Brown Suede

Coach Driving Mocs

 

and too many Cole Haans to list, don't worry, done with these now.


That was BackInTheJox, not me. 

post #53937 of 70737
@BackInTheJox

My Daltons, walnut shell and burgundy shell, seem to get the most compliments.
post #53938 of 70737

Just got my Bourbon Bleecker Streets today from the $50 off promo. I do need some opinions, though. Some minor things have me questioning the structural integrity of the boots in the long run. Big deal, or no big deal? Worth calling customer service?

 

Here's the heel of the right one with some torn leather from the stitching. It's as if it's peeling.

 

And here's the inside of the heel of the other boot with a tear in the lining.

 

post #53939 of 70737
The outside seam isn't thatbog of a deal, but the tear inside might be, depending on how hard you ride your heel while walking. I would personally return, because my heel wears through lining quickly, and I would tear that up quite easily.
post #53940 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorphelps View Post
 

Just got my Bourbon Bleecker Streets today from the $50 off promo. I do need some opinions, though. Some minor things have me questioning the structural integrity of the boots in the long run. Big deal, or no big deal? Worth calling customer service?

 

Here's the heel of the right one with some torn leather from the stitching. It's as if it's peeling.

 

And here's the inside of the heel of the other boot with a tear in the lining.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

The outside seam isn't thatbog of a deal, but the tear inside might be, depending on how hard you ride your heel while walking. I would personally return, because my heel wears through lining quickly, and I would tear that up quite easily.


I would contact them and show the pictures. They may be willing to take them back and try to fix them while giving you an extra discount. If not and you are concerned, just have them send you another pair as an exchange. 

I wouldn't take a chance when they are coming like this. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...