I'd be too scared to wear my Topy'd shoes on ice....I feel like they're just as slippery, if not more than leather! Bean Boots for me on the icy days...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 12/3/16 at 5:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3586post #53777 of 707371/7/15 at 8:09amQuote:
The Dublin leathers are what are known as "pull up" leathers. When they are creased or folded, the oils and waxes in the leather move around within the layer of the material and account for the variation in color.
I believe if you take your thumb and apply some firm pressure to the wrinkles and massage them, it will revert back to the original look... temporarily of course.post #53778 of 707371/7/15 at 8:17ampost #53779 of 707371/7/15 at 8:23amQuote:
The 7 last is a little shorter than the 5 last and has a more sharply tapered toe box. Some size up for the 7, but that doesn't mean you will have to. I wear a 10.5 3E in both lasts. You can always exchange if it doesn't fit right.post #53780 of 707371/7/15 at 8:29ampost #53781 of 707371/7/15 at 8:34amQuote:
I don't have to walk much outside, so these are ok for now. But something with better traction and suit-worthy will definitely be much better..post #53782 of 707371/7/15 at 8:59amQuote:Originally Posted by peppercorn78
Quote:Brave man! Do you get water welts from snowflakes?Originally Posted by Kahuna75
A little GMTO shell Bayfield action in the snow yesterday...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I do not get bad welts at all and I have a brush in my office so I hit them right away when I get in out of the snow(also I recently Cordovan Creamed them)...that being said I have resigned myself to not baby this pair for a few reasons..I do love these boots so I do not want to come off like a big whiny baby...
The shell on this pair for whatever reason is different...it is rough, scratches easy..really easy compared to my other shell and just feels different...On top of that the boot fits me well though much closer to the Long Branch than the Dalton which means medium weight boot socks for ideal fit. For some reason the shape with the captoe looks very odd to me on my foot...size 13 ...looking straight down it looks like the old Duke football on my feet and there is something about the eyelet piece that extends too far down or forward that again on my foot just looks a little odd to me.
So with all of that being said despite clearly coming off like a big whiny baby...hey at 270 pounds being a big baby is what I am...lol I would buy these again in a second...have decided that I am wearing these regardless of weather especially being a casual dressing fellow that I am. Actually looking forward to really breaking them in even more.
Sorry for the long answer...post #53783 of 707371/7/15 at 9:10ampost #53784 of 707371/7/15 at 10:29amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
My friend, the Randolph is what most would call a Full-Strap Loafer where as the Patriot is the traditional American Penny Loafer in that the Strap is only over the Vamp and does not reach down to the welt. Additionally, the Randolph is on a longer and sleeker last, which makes it more appropriate for business wear, where as the Penny Loafer (Patriot) is more on the business casual side. For thoroughness, the Randolph has foxing on the back (a circular shaped stitch pattern on the back), where as the Patriot has just a strip covering the center seam.
This answer may have missed the initial question's intent, but thank you for this explanation!post #53785 of 707371/7/15 at 10:37ampost #53786 of 707371/7/15 at 11:13amQuote:
That is interesting since the Jodox was in the AE 2012 Supplemental Catalog with item numbers 6817 (black) and 6847 (brown). On the AE website now, the numbers are 4611 (black) and 4612 (tan saddle).
Chrispost #53787 of 707371/7/15 at 12:14pmpost #53788 of 707371/7/15 at 12:23pmpost #53789 of 707371/7/15 at 12:29pmpost #53790 of 707371/7/15 at 1:00pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Crombie Navy Short Trench Coat - Medium 9 minutes ago
- › Bow Ties 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 17 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 25 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 33 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 39 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 56 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway