or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3572  

post #53566 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Just wanted to get others' view. Additional burnishing on the toes of the walnut MacGregor, keep it or ditch it?
90a68796f49cfb764c34d55e76246b1c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I'd keep it.  Looks sharp.

post #53567 of 70737
Got a nice fat gift card to AE for christmas. Who wants to decide what I buy? Here is what I currently have:

Park - Black
Park - Brown
Larchmont like shortwing - Walnut (can't remember which model, discontinued)
Delray - Walnut
Mora 2.0 - Burnished Brown


I would like something that can be work with a suit but also with trousers/coat.


What say you?!?
post #53568 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Just wanted to get others' view. Additional burnishing on the toes of the walnut MacGregor, keep it or ditch it?
90a68796f49cfb764c34d55e76246b1c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wait, why do you have two pairs?
post #53569 of 70737

I'd say either the Walnut or Oxblood Strand.

post #53570 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post
 

PSA: Ralph Lauren has 40% off the sale price for suede Sandersons and Slatons.  Limited sizes of course. They come out to be about $144.



Nah, the price listed is the final price and already reflects the 40% off.

post #53571 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger View Post

Got a nice fat gift card to AE for christmas. Who wants to decide what I buy? Here is what I currently have:

Park - Black
Park - Brown
Larchmont like shortwing - Walnut (can't remember which model, discontinued)
Delray - Walnut
Mora 2.0 - Burnished Brown


I would like something that can be work with a suit but also with trousers/coat.


What say you?!?
I personally don't think that Walnut goes well with suits. It's overly flashy. I'd say strands or McAllister in Oxblood or chili
post #53572 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm722 View Post

I personally don't think that Walnut goes well with suits. It's overly flashy. I'd say strands or McAllister in Oxblood or chili

Good thought. I generally dont wear the walnuts with suiting, except with mid/light grey.

Every time I go on the site to look I change my mind. One day it's carlyle, one day it's mcgregor, then jefferson etc etc. It never ends.
post #53573 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Wait, why do you have two pairs?
One pair (the one w/ burnished toes) I wanted to return because of uneven wings. Eventually the cost of shipping from Asia was too much, so I kept it as a factory reject.

Perfect shoe to experiment hand burnishing on :-)
post #53574 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger View Post


Good thought. I generally dont wear the walnuts with suiting, except with mid/light grey.

Every time I go on the site to look I change my mind. One day it's carlyle, one day it's mcgregor, then jefferson etc etc. It never ends.


I love the Carlyle in the new Bob's Chili.  

post #53575 of 70737
Taking a page from the Alden thread, I'd like to post my shoe year in review for 2014, and what I'm looking forward to in 2015!

Let's see, in 2014 I acquired:

Jefferson (black)
Rutledge (walnut)
Park Ave (burgundy shell)
Ardsley Park MTO (dark brown calf)
MacNeil (burg shell)
Voyager (brown)
McAllister MTO (navy suede)
Amok (snuff suede)
Long Branch (brown grain)
Shaker Heights MTO (chili)
Eagle County GMTO (navy calf)

Yikes.

Here's what I have incoming already in 2015:

Dundee MTO (natural shell)
Eagle River GMTO (oxblood calf)
Kenilworth MTO remake remake (brown shell)

And my non-AE wish list (both likely and unlikely):

Alden x Leffot unlined Dover (#8)
Alden plain toe boot or tanker boot on plaza last (#8)
Bonafe MTO suede or grain monkstrap on the 946 last
Any kind of shoe in olive or hunter green suede.
post #53576 of 70737
I will bite. My lists are simpler here.

Purchases of 2014:
-Brown Shell Strand MTO (x2)
-Walnut Shell Dundee MTO

Expecting Shortly:
-Natty Shell Strand MTO
-Natty Shell/Snuff Eagle County MTO
-Navy Shell Shell Grayson MTO
-Navy Shell Cap Toe Boot MTO (first avenue or something like that?)

Want list:
-Green Shell Tassel (keep waivering on these)
-Natty Shell Tassel
-Creativity still pending more...

I think that's about it!

-Mike
post #53577 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I will bite. My lists are simpler here.

Purchases of 2014:
-Brown Shell Strand MTO (x2)
-Walnut Shell Dundee MTO

Expecting Shortly:
-Natty Shell Strand MTO
-Natty Shell/Snuff Eagle County MTO
-Navy Shell Shell Grayson MTO
-Navy Shell Cap Toe Boot MTO (first avenue or something like that?)

Want list:
-Green Shell Tassel (keep waivering on these)
-Natty Shell Tassel
-Creativity still pending more...

I think that's about it!

-Mike

That's impressive, considering how epic your Alden/CJ list was also!

Btw, how did you squeeze a walnut dundee MTO in? I thought they ran out of leather circa july 2013.
post #53578 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

That's impressive, considering how epic your Alden/CJ list was also!

Btw, how did you squeeze a walnut dundee MTO in? I thought they ran out of leather circa july 2013.

I have secret sources. Just kidding it was an MTO I purchased from a friend whom they didn't fit.

-Mike
post #53579 of 70737
I'll play too, 2014 purchases plus those bought in 2013 but shipped only in 2014.

1. Navy suede Grayson MTO
2. Tan waxy saddle Eagle County MTO
3. Cayenne Carson City boots
4. Navy Eagle County MTO
5. Merlot Eagle County MTO
6. Natural CXL Walden MTO
7. Brogue suede Lakeshore Dr MTO
8. Sand suede Amok
9. Elgin
10. Stewart
11. Burgundy shell Grayson
12. Burgundy shell Leeds
13. Saratoga
14. Brown Grain San Marco
15. Chili grain MacNeil
17. Brown grain Eagle County MTO
18. Brown shell Bayfield MTO
19. Burgundy shell Strand MTO
20. Grey Aberdeen
21. Russet brown Clark St MTO
22. Walnut MacGregors x 2

Waiting for delivery in 2015
1. Natty shell MacNeil MTO
2. Navy shell Dundee MTO
3. Walnut Presidio
4. Black Park Ave
5. Bitter chocolate suede Badlands MTO
6. Brown CXL Long Branch
7. remake of merlot Eagle County MTO

It's going to be a great 2015!!!
post #53580 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

I'll play too, 2014 purchases plus those bought in 2013 but shipped only in 2014.

1. Navy suede Grayson MTO
2. Tan waxy saddle Eagle County MTO
3. Cayenne Carson City boots
4. Navy Eagle County MTO
5. Merlot Eagle County MTO
6. Natural CXL Walden MTO
7. Brogue suede Lakeshore Dr MTO
8. Sand suede Amok
9. Elgin
10. Stewart
11. Burgundy shell Grayson
12. Burgundy shell Leeds
13. Saratoga
14. Brown Grain San Marco
15. Chili grain MacNeil
17. Brown grain Eagle County MTO
18. Brown shell Bayfield MTO
19. Burgundy shell Strand MTO
20. Grey Aberdeen
21. Russet brown Clark St MTO
22. Walnut MacGregors x 2

Waiting for delivery in 2015
1. Natty shell MacNeil MTO
2. Navy shell Dundee MTO
3. Walnut Presidio
4. Black Park Ave
5. Bitter chocolate suede Badlands MTO
6. Brown CXL Long Branch
7. remake of merlot Eagle County MTO

It's going to be a great 2015!!!
Whoo!!! You're the @mdubs of the AE thread! And you both take great photos. I'd like to see @bl@ster list also, but it might break the Internet.

Happy New Year everyone!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...