or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3535  

post #53011 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoit1981 View Post


Lots of RRL and Black Label clothes and accessories. It's the first day today so will be pretty manic. I got there before opening to avoid the crowds.

I'd imagine. RRL sounds pretty great. Thanks for the heads up. 

post #53012 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalViewing View Post
 

Question regarding Last's -

 

Both the Mctavish's and Neumok's run on the 5 last. I recently had to exchange a pair of Mctavish's to go down .5 a size because they were too big.

 

Is it safe to assume that I can order Neumok's in the same size and that they'll fit the same as the new Mctavish's?

Would hate to have to go through the exchange process again (local AE stores are kind of out of the way for in person try ons)

 

Absolutely not. I wear 8.5D Strands. My 8D McTavish was too small, so I went with 8.5D, and they're my biggest shoes, even with tongue pads. I bought 8.5D Neumoks and now am convinced I have to sell them. They're simply too small; specifically too narrow.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post
 

McTavish is an odd ball.  I size in a 8.5D in the 5 last.  I tried to size down and it just didn't fit right.  Next, I tried the Neumoks.  They fit like my other 5 last shoes, maybe a little more comfy, so I bought a pair.

 

You were luckier than I with regard to Neumoks. I think my high instep would require 8.5E.

post #53013 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Another one just arrived. I'm on a roll!!!e23d9828e4f07652e03c5fd38ee64e32.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Those are gorgeous.  How do you get them to shine like that right out of the box?

post #53014 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie View Post
 

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new to the game. So, I'll ask it here:

 

What is your most comfortable pair of AE shoes?

 

If you had to wear only one pair for one day, which would it be? I'm not talking about the one that looks the best, or is the most versatile. I'm talking about the one shoe that fits and feels better than any of the others. Maybe it didn't fit perfectly right out of the box, but it took a while to break in and get it just right. Or, heck, maybe it was the one that fit immaculately right out of the box. I dunno.

 

Just curious. 

 

My brown shell Dundee, which I am wearing today, are probably my most comfortable AE. 

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

+1.  The 1 last is my favorite and Dundees give my skinny ankles a warm, fuzzy feeling.

 

BTW, love the olive undertones on those.

post #53015 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

+1.  The 1 last is my favorite and Dundees give my skinny ankles a warm, fuzzy feeling.

 

BTW, love the olive undertones on those.

 

Thanks, my office lighting makes the olive come alive. Love the look of them while sitting at my desk.

post #53016 of 70737
Gridirons finally came in from the Macy's price match. Look great! Even though college football is winding down.

post #53017 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

In lieu of polish, try VSC - it makes that navy leather really pop.

 

I presume you've tried this then? I haven't treated my Banchorys at all. 

 

Did it to my Chukkamoks (which I've since sold):

 

post #53018 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyhoatie View Post

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new to the game. So, I'll ask it here:

What is your most comfortable pair of AE shoes?

If you had to wear only one pair for one day, which would it be? I'm not talking about the one that looks the best, or is the most versatile. I'm talking about the one shoe that fits and feels better than any of the others. Maybe it didn't fit perfectly right out of the box, but it took a while to break in and get it just right. Or, heck, maybe it was the one that fit immaculately right out of the box. I dunno.

Just curious. 

Wilberts
post #53019 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

Wilberts
I'd have to agree. Between the poron insole, squishy rubber outsole, and whatever intensely supple cowhide they use for the uppers, the humble Wilbert sure does feel nice.
post #53020 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by random-adam View Post


I'd have to agree. Between the poron insole, squishy rubber outsole, and whatever intensely supple cowhide they use for the uppers, the humble Wilbert sure does feel nice.

 

A "humble Wilbert" in the golden brown CXL is among the things I'm watching for on the Shoe Bank.  I love the color on my LB's and I think that, while plain, it would be a great knocking around casual shoe in the fall and winter.  Sort of a cooler weather boat shoe.

 

My most comfortable all day pair is probably the unlined snuff suede Neumoks.

post #53021 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBro View Post
 

 

I have those exact same socks!

If they are Gold Toe, me too:embar:

post #53022 of 70737

Two cents : In Shoe Bank they are selling these Cronmoks for USD 234, but you can get them from AE regular site for USD199.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
 

Those look great, and would look even better with a darker sole edge and welt.  I have been wanting to try this and with these now on clearance maybe I can get a shoebank pair to play with

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
 

Those look great, and would look even better with a darker sole edge and welt.  I have been wanting to try this and with these now on clearance maybe I can get a shoebank pair to play with

post #53023 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
 

BRB. Buying flat laces for my dark brown PAs. Those look great! It actually takes away a bit from the stubbiness.

 

Good eye!  I only have one pair of flat laces which does not look good on any other shoes but looked right on this PA.  Glad someone else agrees!

 

History:  There are brand new "seconds" purchased from hitch-n-post on eBay.  It was a 7.5 3E and I took a gamble - fits like a hybrid of a 8D/8E/8.5D which is what I usually wear.

 

The shell PA Was advertised as seconds because of a cut in left inner heel.  Looks big in pic but unnoticeable when worn.

 

 

 

However, upon receipt using my finger I felt there was some ripple in stitching of cap toe to welt.  It was not really visible and the cap toe looked tight and round.  I did not worry about it because it is a flaw only shoe geeks cared about and who else is going to touch my shoes but me?  That was six months ago and I decided to wear it yesterday.  

 

Upon wearing the the slight ripple turned into a fold across the cap.  Bummer.  Still, for quarter of the price ($~160) of brand new shell Park Avenue, I think it's worth it.  What do you all think?

 

 

 

Still looks nice to my eyes.

 

post #53024 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

If they are Gold Toe, me tooshog%5B1%5D.gif
No, they are Polo RL socks.
post #53025 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomatt View Post
 

Ok, good to know, thanks. It is still a 2 hour drive to the nearest store, so I hope you're right!

 

You can always call ahead to check to make sure you're not wasting the drive...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...