or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3532  

post #52966 of 70737

BTW, someone mentioned a shoe store (Altman's) closing sale in downtown Chicago that I did to slide past today at lunch; all AE 40% off... Went looking for the good stuff; could only find a black shell Macneil and black shell Leeds in my size...Running about $400, and not in pristine condition (the Macneil was in dire straits). Will go back tomorrow to scrounge for calf and suede! (No Alden in my size.) Folks wearing smaller sizes (8-9.5) would prolly have a shoegasm in there, though... Display models had lightened and #8 shell looked like cappucino; the red was almost totally faded out. A years old #8 shell Bradley made me eager to sit my new Brads in the window for he next few months/year. I can't put the color into words. Maybe a call would be fruitful for some of the smaller footed members here..?

post #52967 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post


Haha good eye. I haven't taken a shoe-fie (is that even a word?) of the navy suede Grayson yet. I need 8 more pairs of shoes to get to a 6x6 grid collage.

That's hilarious!!! I was thinking of the symmetry of your pic and wondered if it was intentional!!! OCD even in your shoe-fies!!! (it's officially a word). That's why your suggested MTO's catch fire!!! 

post #52968 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

BTW, someone mentioned a shoe store (Altman's) closing sale in downtown Chicago that I did to slide past today at lunch; all AE 40% off... Went looking for the good stuff; could only find a black shell Macneil and black shell Leeds in my size...Running about $400, and not in pristine condition (the Macneil was in dire straits). Will go back tomorrow to scrounge for calf and suede! (No Alden in my size.) Folks wearing smaller sizes (8-9.5) would prolly have a shoegasm in there, though... Display models had lightened and #8 shell looked like cappucino; the red was almost totally faded out. A years old #8 shell Bradley made me eager to sit my new Brads in the window for he next few months/year. I can't put the color into words. Maybe a call would be fruitful for some of the smaller footed members here..?

I need a proxy for some Aldens and AE's haha
post #52969 of 70737

I got these Cronmok boots as a gift in Navy Color and I am not a big fan of that color, so decided to change the color by applying one coat of mink oil on the tongue and I really liked the outcome and this is the end result.  I thought it might help/deter someone before doing this same process.

Before:

 

 

 

After

 

 


Edited by INMustang - 12/11/14 at 11:48pm
post #52970 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

BTW, someone mentioned a shoe store (Altman's) closing sale in downtown Chicago that I did to slide past today at lunch; all AE 40% off... Went looking for the good stuff; could only find a black shell Macneil and black shell Leeds in my size...Running about $400, and not in pristine condition (the Macneil was in dire straits). Will go back tomorrow to scrounge for calf and suede! (No Alden in my size.) Folks wearing smaller sizes (8-9.5) would prolly have a shoegasm in there, though... Display models had lightened and #8 shell looked like cappucino; the red was almost totally faded out. A years old #8 shell Bradley made me eager to sit my new Brads in the window for he next few months/year. I can't put the color into words. Maybe a call would be fruitful for some of the smaller footed members here..?
Sounds like I'll have a blast there. Anybody will to be my proxy? I'm
Looking for shell Bradley's and that if that's in 8.5D I'd gladly pounce on that at 400.
post #52971 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Then call me sacrilegious! I'm a big fan of LWB on double sole split reverse welt but that doesn't take away from my appreciation of the MacGregors. In fact I'm wearing mine today.
15016d7d59505fdbe62415385da3d5b8.jpg
Last night, admiring it on a table
5acd02e25c94e4096b06998543b00dd8.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And how gorgeous they are..
post #52972 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by INMustang View Post
 

I got these Cronmok boots as a gift in Navy Color and I am not a big fan of that color, so decided to change the color by applying one coat of mink oil on the tongue and I really liked the outcome and this is the end result.  I thought it might help/deter someone before doing this same process.

Before:

 

 

 

After

 

 


Looks good.  I like the darker color!

post #52973 of 70737


Addison Friday.
post #52974 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

In lieu of polish, try VSC - it makes that navy leather really pop.

VSC?
post #52975 of 70737

Venetian shoe cream

post #52976 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post
 


Looks good.  I like the darker color!

 

I too like it, much better actually.

post #52977 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

In lieu of polish, try VSC - it makes that navy leather really pop.

 

I presume you've tried this then? I haven't treated my Banchorys at all. 

post #52978 of 70737

Those Cronmok's look great with the darker blue, really nice.

 

Question regarding Last's -

 

Both the Mctavish's and Neumok's run on the 5 last. I recently had to exchange a pair of Mctavish's to go down .5 a size because they were too big.

 

Is it safe to assume that I can order Neumok's in the same size and that they'll fit the same as the new Mctavish's?

Would hate to have to go through the exchange process again (local AE stores are kind of out of the way for in person try ons)

post #52979 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimalViewing View Post
 

Those Cronmok's look great with the darker blue, really nice.

 

Question regarding Last's -

 

Both the Mctavish's and Neumok's run on the 5 last. I recently had to exchange a pair of Mctavish's to go down .5 a size because they were too big.

 

Is it safe to assume that I can order Neumok's in the same size and that they'll fit the same as the new Mctavish's?

Would hate to have to go through the exchange process again (local AE stores are kind of out of the way for in person try ons)


McTavish is an odd ball.  I size in a 8.5D in the 5 last.  I tried to size down and it just didn't fit right.  Next, I tried the Neumoks.  They fit like my other 5 last shoes, maybe a little more comfy, so I bought a pair.

post #52980 of 70737
Look what arrived just now. These are awesome. I sized 0.5 up from my normal 1 last size because of my experience with Indy and these fit perfect.
44e430c921b8a8079ce6eebd8fefd1a4.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...