or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3525  

post #52861 of 70737

Maiden voyage of the Oxblood Strands today. Pardon the poor, indoor lighting, but it's cloudy as a mofo today here in the Chicagloand area

 

 

 

post #52862 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

PSA: Brown shell Townley second in 9D at the shoe bank for $299. They are my size but I need someone to buy them so that I don't!

 

Also a pair in 8.5E.

 

Some other interesting things in the bank right now:

 

  • McGraw loafers in Truffle shell 7.5 3E and 8 3E ($399)
  • Jefferson in Brown shell  9 B ($474)
  • Mcallister in Truffle shell 10.5 A ($399)
  • Gobi Olive Suede 9 D
post #52863 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post

Also a pair in 8.5E.

Some other interesting things in the bank right now:
  • McGraw loafers in Truffle shell 7.5 3E and 8 3E ($399)
  • Jefferson in Brown shell  9 B ($474)
  • Mcallister in Truffle shell 10.5 A ($399)
those truffle McGraw loafers in 8EEE have been there forever. They disappeared for a brief period and then returned shortly thereafter. I'm assuming that there must be a pretty obvious flaw, but who knows.
post #52864 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc121 View Post


those truffle McGraw loafers in 8EEE have been there forever. They disappeared for a brief period and then returned shortly thereafter. I'm assuming that there must be a pretty obvious flaw, but who knows.

 

They're all tough sizes, so I'm not terribly surprised. I think @NWTeal should snap up those Olive Gobis and make @peppercorn78 jealous.

post #52865 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

They're all tough sizes, so I'm not terribly surprised. I think @NWTeal should snap up those Olive Gobis and make @peppercorn78 jealous.

Ha, I've considered it a couple times. I see it's $184 now...interesting. I thought it wasn't a stock make up, but apparently it's available at 6 locations. 

post #52866 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post

They're all tough sizes, so I'm not terribly surprised. I think @NWTeal
 should snap up those Olive Gobis and make @peppercorn78
 jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

Ha, I've considered it a couple times. I see it's $184 now...interesting. I thought it wasn't a stock make up, but apparently it's available at 6 locations. 

That's it. I'm calling Kristle today to see if it's possible to order firsts in this color.

Bastards! I was trying to keep my collection under 20 pairs (mainly for my self-respect).
post #52867 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post



That's it. I'm calling Kristle today to see if it's possible to order firsts in this color.

Bastards! I was trying to keep my collection under 20 pairs (mainly for my self-respect).

 

I'd love to see how they look! Also, blackjack is always good :stirpot:

post #52868 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

PSA: Brown shell Townley second in 9D at the shoe bank for $299. They are my size but I need someone to buy them so that I don't!

 

That's the pair I returned from the recent Townley GMTO. Just for reference, it has severe bowing issues on one of the shoes.  As a result, I requested for a re-do. 

 

No other blemishes at all though, and even better than some of the 1st quality I've received. 

post #52869 of 70737
a1d029393920afa987289e37e42c86c7.jpg

Can someone help? i did an amateur job at polishing my walnut strands and these were the results. Note where the creasing occurs...whats up with that? Is it excess polish that i havent removed? I hear saphir is golden for removing old polish? Or is it that i didnt wait long enough for the polish to dry enough so it cracked?

my simple routine was wipe clean, brush clean, conditioner/cleaner, brush, AE walnut polish in a tube, brush.

Thanks
post #52870 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

a1d029393920afa987289e37e42c86c7.jpg

Can someone help? i did an amateur job at polishing my walnut strands and these were the results. Note where the creasing occurs...whats up with that? Is it excess polish that i havent removed? I hear saphir is golden for removing old polish? Or is it that i didnt wait long enough for the polish to dry enough so it cracked?

my simple routine was wipe clean, brush clean, conditioner/cleaner, brush, AE walnut polish in a tube, brush.

Thanks

 

did you allow the conditioner/cleaner to dry before applying the polish? and when you say routine how often were you doing that?

post #52871 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebrown2 View Post

a1d029393920afa987289e37e42c86c7.jpg

Can someone help? i did an amateur job at polishing my walnut strands and these were the results. Note where the creasing occurs...whats up with that? Is it excess polish that i havent removed? I hear saphir is golden for removing old polish? Or is it that i didnt wait long enough for the polish to dry enough so it cracked?

my simple routine was wipe clean, brush clean, conditioner/cleaner, brush, AE walnut polish in a tube, brush.

Thanks

 

did you allow the conditioner/cleaner to dry before applying the polish? and when you say routine how often were you doing that?


I allowed ~ 30minutes for the conditioner/cleaner and the polish to dry before brushing, respectively. Was that long enough?

Just did that routine once recently. But overall i think I've done it 2 or 3 times over the course of 2+ years or so (wear maybe 2 or 3 times a month)
post #52872 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
 

Is there something I can use that will get the stray burnishing off without (even slightly) damaging the rest of the shoe? I'm worried that it will damage the shoe, rendering it unable to be returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoXerxes View Post
 

I am worried that I will either damage the shoe beyond repair or will fail to remove the burnishing. Either case, I'm sure, will ensure that I am unable to return it

 

Not to reopen this case, but I'm sure that simply rubbing this spot with a conditioner/cleaner and a rag would've A) removed the blemish, and B) done zero damage. Please keep this in mind for anyone else who runs into something similar.

post #52873 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odradek View Post

Do the Sheltons generally run a bit tight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohneokc View Post

That was my experience. I had Sheltons in the same size as 95% of my other AE shoes and they were very tight across the top of my foot towards the toes. It was so tight I ended up selling the shoes.

Note: I have a relatively high instep and this likely contributed to the tightness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stro View Post
 

this is my experience with the shelton as well - tighter across the top than my other AE's in the same size. i too have a relatively high instep.

 

I wear 8.5D/E in 5-65 last, and my 9D Sheltons are still a little tight due to my similarly high instep.

post #52874 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

I use Alden Leather Defender on my shells. Gives them an incredible glow (takes some buffing to get rid of the haziness), but it doesn't make them repel water.

 

If I may: why do you use it, then?

post #52875 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

 

If I may: why do you use it, then?

 

I think it provides some level of water resistance such as keeping the watermarks from being tough to brush out, you can feel the stuff sitting on top of the shell as you buff it out. It also really brings out a glow on the shell. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...