Lance those Fransicians look amazing!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:15am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 10:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3521post #52802 of 7073712/9/14 at 6:54ampost #52803 of 7073712/9/14 at 7:05amQuote:
Nice! They look great! Let me give you one piece of advice, though: don't fall victim to the peer-pressure of shell cordovan on this forum; you will become addicted and there is unfortunately no cure.post #52804 of 7073712/9/14 at 7:06ampost #52805 of 7073712/9/14 at 7:25ampost #52806 of 7073712/9/14 at 7:36amQuote:I'm thinking about picking up a pair of the brown she'll strands next RDA. Hopefully, I can hold out that long.
Ideally, I'd like a brown shell strand with independence lining and maybe the independence sole.post #52807 of 7073712/9/14 at 8:34amQuote:
No offense, really, but you're being a bit ridiculous. 10 pairs? Seriously? There really is nothing wrong with the shoes that you posted a picture of. The stray burnishing that is bothering you so much will likely go away over time with brushing and polishing.post #52808 of 7073712/9/14 at 8:40amQuote:
Concur. It seems the OP's expectations are out of line with AE's price point.
You'll be wanting the Edward Green or John Lobb appreciation threads...post #52809 of 7073712/9/14 at 9:37am
I found this article pretty helpful for sizing advice. AE thread is a great place to attach this link since most people typically dwelve into AEs as their good-quality shoe investment.
Out of curiosity, when you push your toes all to the way to the end of the tip of the shoes, how much space would result at the end of the heels? 1/2 inch? 1 inch?post #52810 of 7073712/9/14 at 9:54ampost #52811 of 7073712/9/14 at 9:57amQuote:
Very nice...I couldn't bear to put nice shoes on today so my Bean Boots are on duty during this nasty Nor'easter...post #52812 of 7073712/9/14 at 10:25amQuote:Originally Posted by NeoXerxes
I was carefully listening to the advice on how to remove burnishing, but since I am not as experienced as many of the gents on the forum here, I am worried that I will either damage the shoe beyond repair or will fail to remove the burnishing. Either case, I'm sure, will ensure that I am unable to return it, especially given the difficulty I am having with my regular sales assistant. Until I get more experience with quality dress shoes, I'm hoping to get a decent pair (the first time) and learn how to take care of it properly. Does regular shoe care strip all burnishing? Does this mean that shoes need to be burnished repeatedly? Shows how much I know.
In any case, I appreciate the advice. I apologize if I am being difficult, but as I mentioned previously, I really don't know what I'm doing and would like to ensure that I do things right with my first pair (I am just starting to build a wardrobe).
By "customer assistant center" do you mean the one at AE corporate or the higher ups at the local store? I believe this guy is the assistant manager, so I doubt there is much chance of going above his head.
Just use some saphir renovateur cream on the shoe and it will remove the burnishing. Apply it with a cloth to the part of the shoe with a burnish and rub it in a bit. This will naturally remove the burnishing. Then apply the saphir to the rest of the shoe using your fingers as this will tend to not disturb the burnishing on the rest of the shoe. It's using the saphir with a cloth that tends to remove the burnishing. I found this out on my own walnut Strands, and also (more alarmingly) on my bourbon Universities.
And if you need to re-burnish at some point (as I did), then I highly recommend the Saphir Cream Polishes - Black for the Bourbon shoes, and the medium brown for the Walnut shoes. I focus on the toes and the brogueing:
Plus every AE shoe should get a coat of Saphir Renovateur anyway - it's an outstanding shoe care product and you'll never know how good your shoes can look till after you try it. Apply just a single layer and let it dry for 20 minutes after applying. Brush and enjoy your new found luster.post #52813 of 7073712/9/14 at 10:30ampost #52814 of 7073712/9/14 at 10:42am
Not a salesman, just trying to help. Here's a before and after pic of my shoes:post #52815 of 7073712/9/14 at 10:46amI would recommend most user NOT use Renovateur on your burnished calf shoes UNLESS the desired result is to strip away the burnishing. My formerly heavily burnished walnut Ritledges are now simply walnut Rutledges after a single light coat.
As a cleaning agent for shell, or on black calf shoes, it does work very well.
But for the gentleman who is trying to alleviate the small stray burnishing mark, it should work nicely.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Napoli Couture suit; f/w rich brown; subtle blue... 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 11 minutes ago
- › Eradicating mold in my AEs: Efficacy of ultraviolet light and zinc... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway