I love the suede Byrons! I wish those were still in production, I could use a pair of chocolate suede captoes
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 3:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 353post #5282 of 707375/11/12 at 10:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Winston S.
Yes, the Quintons have the Titan Rubber Sole (Dainite style). I have pictures in this thread of them if you search Quinton. They are on the 8-108 last, which fits me "like a glove."
Picked up the Kenwoods before the $2 for $200 sale and were $99 straight, so no issues with returning.
Hey, thanks! I searched and found your posts, as well as my reply to you post! Duh....
Anyway, I just ordered Quinton in brogue and Strawfut in brown/brown. Looks like the Strawfut are firsts? I guess it's not selling well...post #5283 of 707375/11/12 at 10:47amQuote:
Thanks - they really are awesome. I had almost given up looking for suede caps and was about to take the plunge into English makers when these appreared on eBay. They only had a few wears on them and I think I paid $130 to the door for them...it certainly wasn't more than that
Edited by Jaggs - 5/11/12 at 5:31pmpost #5284 of 707375/11/12 at 1:25pmpost #5285 of 707375/11/12 at 2:10pmQuote:
Nice! Now I have to decide if I should wait for the Nortstrom Anniversary Sale and hope they have the Strands on sale, or just go with these. Does anyone know if the quantities are expected to be limited for the non-closeout items (the Strands aren't being discontinued, right)?post #5286 of 707375/11/12 at 2:10pmpost #5287 of 707375/11/12 at 2:50pmpost #5288 of 707375/11/12 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by msulinski
Nice! Now I have to decide if I should wait for the Nortstrom Anniversary Sale and hope they have the Strands on sale, or just go with these. Does anyone know if the quantities are expected to be limited for the non-closeout items (the Strands aren't being discontinued, right)?
I'm on the same boat.. wait for Nordstrom or this lol.
Anyone have advice?post #5289 of 707375/11/12 at 4:58pmI arrived at a quandary just recently, while I was shopping at the Allen Edmonds store today. I do like to dalton boots, but let me ask everyone this, what praytell does one wear the daltons with? I can only really fathom wearing them with jeans, for a borderline cowboy look. That can't be it, can it?!post #5290 of 707375/11/12 at 5:24pmpost #5291 of 707375/11/12 at 5:58pmpost #5292 of 707375/11/12 at 6:48pm
Just got back from the rack and found a nice pair of brown hinsdale for $219 - anyone have experience with these? I still haven't found my perfect size/last combo - i wear an 11d in the 5 last (strands) and they are a touch tight, but manageable - I got these in an 11.5d and they actually fit great. I think these are on the 8 last, it has a euro look to it (at least to me) with a bit longer toe. I did not think I would like this, but I gave them a shot at the price and I think they are cool. Thoughts?post #5293 of 707375/11/12 at 6:50pmpost #5294 of 707375/11/12 at 7:10pmQuote:
As to what Nordstrom will have, I'm not sure. I had a moment when someone said that there will be no bwn PA's (or strands?) on sale.
For me, one good thing about Nordstrom is that you can try the shoes one in person and they will special order E or thinner sizes for no charge (when you are being fitted).post #5295 of 707375/11/12 at 7:13pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 15 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 28 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 29 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 40 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 44 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 45 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 48 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 49 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...