Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 10/11/16 at 8:29am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 10/21/16 at 7:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3506post #52576 of 7073712/1/14 at 12:54pmpost #52577 of 7073712/1/14 at 1:00pm
In theory yes...however I find my shell to fit slightly looser...problem is if you scale back the width then you run into a situation were your foot over spills the footbed. I still size the same though as the footbed is the issue for me on the 511 last for example.
Generally they can not pull shell as tight as calf.post #52578 of 7073712/1/14 at 1:16pmpost #52579 of 7073712/1/14 at 1:39pmQuote:
That is also my issue in that there is no 12 1/2 to scale back to...I have gone to wearing thicker socks from Wigwam and been very happy with the results...also the AE ortho insert works well for my leeds in warmer weather to snug them up.post #52580 of 7073712/1/14 at 1:56pmpost #52581 of 7073712/1/14 at 2:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by csmitty
There were a few minor things that just added up. One was a somewhat misaligned eye stay which seems to be somewhat common now for AE on bluchers. I was thinking maybe it will fix itself with some wear and different lacing. The others were not fixable. Some errant stitching on the counter that went through some of the brogue holes. The a bulge, I guess you could call it, where the counter meet the quarter on the inside of one the shoes
Stitching on the right.
Same shoe, lower down.
The cap toe also had some non parallel stitching but it wasn't to bad so I didn't point that out.
I'd ask for second pricing on those. If you send those pics to Allison, I am sure she would accommodate your request. If you can live with it...post #52582 of 7073712/1/14 at 2:07pmpost #52583 of 7073712/1/14 at 2:36pm
Cross-posting from the MTO thread.
This is your last opportunity to buy a limited-release Eagle County for only $259!
We're getting until midnight tomorrow (Tuesday) to drive 12th members for Chili Grain and Brown Grain. We can also add more members to the Oxblood, which is currently at 13 buyers. I have an appointment on Wednesday to talk with Allison and we'll figure out then what to do if we can't hit our target.
If interested, send me a PM with your name, email, and preferred style.
Again, here are the final makeups:Makeup #1Eagle River Brown grain calf (leather 1040) with tone-on-tone stitchingEyelets/Speedhooks: Antiqued brass eyelets and speedhooks, with the 4 top most being speedhooks;Insole and Lining: standard brown leather insole & liningWelt: Brown flat weltSole: Black Mini-lug Tap with leather midsoleEdge Dressing: Medium brown edge dressingMakeup #2
Eagle River oxblood calf
Flat black welt with black edge dressing with wheeling/fudging.
Black exposed eyelets, top four being speed-hooksMakeup #3
Eagle River Chili Grain
Flat chili welt with medium brown edge
Dainite sole with leather mid-sole
Brass exposed eyelets with top 4 being speed hookspost #52584 of 7073712/1/14 at 5:48pmI just got a pair of McAllister's and I'm looking forward to their maiden voyage. Can you tell me what color Saphir cream you are using for merlot? The Kirby Allen site says either Hermes Red or Mahogany, but I'm not sure if they mean to mix or use in layers.post #52585 of 7073712/1/14 at 6:19pmQuote:
Yes I did get them for 2nds pricing. Which is a bit of a bummer considering the discount. However still a decent amount off. I'm pretty sure I can live with them.post #52586 of 7073712/2/14 at 5:15am
I've been using Allen Edmonds Premium Polish in Merlot.post #52587 of 7073712/2/14 at 6:25ampost #52588 of 7073712/2/14 at 6:57ampost #52589 of 7073712/2/14 at 6:59ampost #52590 of 7073712/2/14 at 7:12am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Eidos Napoli 30 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...