It's very close to Alden #8 in color, but more of a matt than glossy finish.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3505post #52561 of 7073711/30/14 at 8:14pmpost #52562 of 7073712/1/14 at 3:23amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
The primary difference is the construction and fundamental design. The Strand is a Balmoral, meaning it has a closed lace box and forms a very tight V from the front. The Sandord is a Blucher and has a more open lace area. The other differences essentially revolve are that difference in design/construction.
Thanks Mike. Great info.post #52563 of 7073712/1/14 at 5:45ampost #52564 of 7073712/1/14 at 6:09am
Very nice! I just spent the long holiday weekend in NOLA. I should have paid more attention to people's shoes - I mighta spotted you or Half or other SF brethren there. By the way, I was the one in brown shell AE Cole loafers.post #52565 of 7073712/1/14 at 6:18amQuote:
Hope you had a good weekend! I was at the allen edmonds in canal place on Fridays looking at shoes. Didn't see any one wearing shells though.post #52566 of 7073712/1/14 at 6:31ampost #52567 of 7073712/1/14 at 6:48ampost #52568 of 7073712/1/14 at 8:13ampost #52569 of 7073712/1/14 at 8:38ampost #52570 of 7073712/1/14 at 9:40ampost #52571 of 7073712/1/14 at 9:57amQuote:
Yea, its been a brutal wait. I was more excited about the Bayfields than Townleys. However if I had known about the trunk show I would have passed on the Townleys. I did get those about two weeks ago though and they ended up being 2nds which was a bummer. I tried to see if I could do a remake in natural but no dice. So kept them as 2nds. On the fence whether to keep them or not though and see what the market is like for them.post #52572 of 7073712/1/14 at 10:25amQuote:bummer! What was the issue on the Townleys?Originally Posted by csmittyQuote:
Yea, its been a brutal wait. I was more excited about the Bayfields than Townleys. However if I had known about the trunk show I would have passed on the Townleys. I did get those about two weeks ago though and they ended up being 2nds which was a bummer. I tried to see if I could do a remake in natural but no dice. So kept them as 2nds. On the fence whether to keep them or not though and see what the market is like for them.post #52573 of 7073712/1/14 at 10:43amQuote:Originally Posted by csmitty
Yea, its been a brutal wait. I was more excited about the Bayfields than Townleys. However if I had known about the trunk show I would have passed on the Townleys. I did get those about two weeks ago though and they ended up being 2nds which was a bummer. I tried to see if I could do a remake in natural but no dice. So kept them as 2nds. On the fence whether to keep them or not though and see what the market is like for them.
Agreed about the Townleys and the Trunk Show. Although, it didn't stop me from overspending! They are beautiful shoes and I'll love them like they were my own (unless I can sell them).post #52574 of 7073712/1/14 at 10:54am
There were a few minor things that just added up. One was a somewhat misaligned eye stay which seems to be somewhat common now for AE on bluchers. I was thinking maybe it will fix itself with some wear and different lacing. The others were not fixable. Some errant stitching on the counter that went through some of the brogue holes. The a bulge, I guess you could call it, where the counter meet the quarter on the inside of one the shoes
Stitching on the right.
Same shoe, lower down.
The cap toe also had some non parallel stitching but it wasn't to bad so I didn't point that out.post #52575 of 7073712/1/14 at 10:58amQuote:
Ha, well the wedding kinda wiped me out. I would have loved to have over spent during the trunk show. Once the accounts recover I'll be good. I had to get creative for one in natural.
I wouldn't be to sad if the Townleys left. However I think they'll work well in my biz casual workplace.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › BNWT $4300 Cesar Attolini Blue wool silk sport coat size 38US/48EU... 33 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 45 seconds ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...