or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3503  

post #52531 of 70737

The Sanford's look exactly like the Strand's to me except for the number of eyelets.  Is the only other difference the last that was used in manufacture?

post #52532 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMS1 View Post

The Sanford's look exactly like the Strand's to me except for the number of eyelets.  Is the only other difference the last that was used in manufacture?

Quite different....the brogue and mainly that one is a blucher....here's the Strand in Walnut for reference...

post #52533 of 70737
Yeah, so I'm pretty infatuated with my Shell MacNeils.

post #52534 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Savage View Post

Yeah, so I'm pretty infatuated with my Shell MacNeils.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


As you should be! Are those #8 or Black? I can't tell from the pic, but I have an idea they won't be your last pair of shell.
post #52535 of 70737
got a couple pairs in from the shoebank. for the canadians in here who haven't yet ordered, my fees were GST + $10 FedEx fee
post #52536 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by linds_15 View Post

got a couple pairs in from the shoebank. for the canadians in here who haven't yet ordered, my fees were GST + $10 FedEx fee

You paid $10 Fed ex fee? WTF! I paid shipping from AE PLUS a fee of $40 from Fed ex..
post #52537 of 70737
Sweet pair of shoes! Been eyeing a pair in my size on the Shoebank for a while now but I'm hoping to see it fall from the $499 price before I jump on them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Savage View Post

Yeah, so I'm pretty infatuated with my Shell MacNeils.

post #52538 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post


[/SPOILER]

As you should be! Are those #8 or Black? I can't tell from the pic, but I have an idea they won't be your last pair of shell.

These are #8.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubu View Post

Sweet pair of shoes! Been eyeing a pair in my size on the Shoebank for a while now but I'm hoping to see it fall from the $499 price before I jump on them...

I got mine on the 20% off sale. So, $399.

post #52539 of 70737

So I know the AE sportcoats aren't well reviewed and at $400 quite a lot of money for something with a poor cut (they are half and fully canvassed btw) but I came across this made-in-USA charcoal wool dress pant on sale for $99.

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SFAE8001_1_40000000001_-1?style=AE8001

 

I've got a pair of charcoal pants already but somebody may want to give these a try. Looks like AE moved their production elsewhere for the subsequent batches but they have some of this model left!

post #52540 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyWellSpent View Post

Anyone looking for the basic staple shoes may want to check out Jos A Bank today.  Their AE's are marked down to $258.00, with an additional 20% off a purchase of $100.00 or more.  That brings them down to $207.00 for first quality AE's.  You will still have to pay shipping, but it's a great way to get 1st quality staple shoes for the price of a pair of seconds.

For those that don't know, the Boardroom is Jos A Bank's exclusive version of the Park Avenue.  The Boardroom is made on the 7-97 last instead of the 5-65.

The Nathan is Jos A Bank's exclusive version of the 5th Avenue.  The Nathan is made on the 8-108 last instead of the 5-65. 

These are good to consider if the 5-65 last isn't great for your foot, or if you struggle with the bowing issues that some people get due to the instep on the 5-65 last.

I've gone this route, as the 5-65 isn't my favorite fitting last. 

Also, the stubby cap that some complain about with the Park Avenue and Fifth Avenue isn't quite as pronounced on these in my opinion, due to the difference in last shape.  Some may disagree. 

Everything else about Jos A Bank's AE's are the exact same as standard AE's (leather sole with rubber heel, leather insole, etc.).  I appreciate that they didn't change the standard quality materials for these models the way Brooks Brothers did. 

If all your staples are taken care of, then carry on.  fing02%5B1%5D.gif
where can I find the 20% off code?
post #52541 of 70737

Hi

 

All of my AEs are 10.5 EEE on a 5 last but a couple of them are narrow across my right forefoot, which I presume is larger than the left.  

I'm thinking that getting shoes based on a bigger last might be helpful.  However, I've not been able to decipher the language used on the AE site that describes the lasts, to determine which is larger than the 5.

I'd appreciate some advice on this.

 

Thanks

post #52542 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbalfa View Post

Hi

All of my AEs are 10.5 EEE on a 5 last but a couple of them are narrow across my right forefoot, which I presume is larger than the left.  
I'm thinking that getting shoes based on a bigger last might be helpful.  However, I've not been able to decipher the language used on the AE site that describes the lasts, to determine which is larger than the 5.
I'd appreciate some advice on this.

Thanks

I wear the exact same size as you. I've found the 1 and 73 lasts to be roomier in the toebox than the 5 last. The 73 is super girthy.
post #52543 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeinabox View Post


where can I find the 20% off code?

 

The additional 20% off was only for yesterday.  Sorry.  

 

They are still marked down to $258.00 which is a great price for 1st quality staple AE's.

post #52544 of 70737
Did any of you buy from Club Monaco during Black Friday sale? I order yet another pair of burgundy shell Dundees. Pure impulse purchase - I have 2 MTO Dundees coming.
post #52545 of 70737
Looks like 30% off is still going on at Club Monaco

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...