or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3484  

post #52246 of 70737

X-Post from the MTO Thread

 

Cappuccino Shell Jeffersons MTO

 

 

More pics:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/4680_30#post_7522798

 

-Mike

post #52247 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by linds_15 View Post

attempted to try on either randolphs or patrios today to no avail. went to harry rosen on king, rego and brooks brothers and came up empty. how much is the return shipping from canada if they dont fit? the site says its free but doesnt specify canada

Allen Edmonds really need a retail presence in Canada. A store in Toronto and one in Calgary would be a great start. They are poorly served by their retail partners here, who carry very few models, know almost nothing about the brand, and don't push them even when asked about AE.

The success of high end shoe shops like Leatherfoot are testament to the strength of the shoe market here. Can anyone pm me with Paul's email address so that I can share these views with him and hopefully understand why AE has no plans to expand into Canada?
post #52248 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySaw View Post

Allen Edmonds really need a retail presence in Canada. A store in Toronto and one in Calgary would be a great start. They are poorly served by their retail partners here, who carry very few models, know almost nothing about the brand, and don't push them even when asked about AE.

The success of high end shoe shops like Leatherfoot are testament to the strength of the shoe market here. Can anyone pm me with Paul's email address so that I can share these views with him and hopefully understand why AE has no plans to expand into Canada?

my buddy was trying to try on mora 2.0 to order from shoebank and an SA gave him a pair of park avenues to try on because "they are the same last". all the stores will order anything but there is no selection to try on, especially if you don't want a D width. its pretty frustrating that toronto doesn't have a better AE selection
post #52249 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySaw View Post


Allen Edmonds really need a retail presence in Canada. A store in Toronto and one in Calgary would be a great start. They are poorly served by their retail partners here, who carry very few models, know almost nothing about the brand, and don't push them even when asked about AE.

The success of high end shoe shops like Leatherfoot are testament to the strength of the shoe market here. Can anyone pm me with Paul's email address so that I can share these views with him and hopefully understand why AE has no plans to expand into Canada?

 

I found Harry Rosen knew enough about the shoes but they are terribly stuck up and could only bring myself to go there a few times. Nordstrom opened up here and I saw the AE section but didn't get a chance to stop and take a look. I would love to see an AE store come to Calgary, I would probably apply to work there PT haha.

post #52250 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

I found Harry Rosen knew enough about the shoes but they are terribly stuck up and could only bring myself to go there a few times. Nordstrom opened up here and I saw the AE section but didn't get a chance to stop and take a look. I would love to see an AE store come to Calgary, I would probably apply to work there PT haha.

 

Nordstrom is coming to the Eaton Centre (now Nordstrom centre?) in 2015, I'm hoping they push the selection (and for me sizing) options up considerably. After three pairs of 5 last shoes I just discovered that a size down and width up fit me considerably better.

post #52251 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by linds_15 View Post

attempted to try on either randolphs or patrios today to no avail. went to harry rosen on king, rego and brooks brothers and came up empty. how much is the return shipping from canada if they dont fit? the site says its free but doesnt specify canada

It's not free return from Canada, we pay the return shipping but they'll cover the cost of the replacements. 

 

I've got two pairs I'm thinking about returning shortly. Just had fedex deliver two tonight and my wife discovered the two boxes I'd cleared out of my office. (in addition to the boxes stacked up as I'm redoing our walk in closet). 

 

So we had the 'talk' I have a shoe problem, which after agreeing to redecorate she's suddenly a lot better with.

post #52252 of 70737

thanks, I'll give that a try once the shoes arrive. BTW, is there anything treatment I should be doing with these shoes when they come in? Like applying mink oil or similar?

 

thnx!

post #52253 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

X-Post from the MTO Thread

 

Cappuccino Shell Jeffersons MTO

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

More pics:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/4680_30#post_7522798

 

-Mike

 

I don't think I've ever been dissatisfied, even in the slightest manner, with any of your shoes. Very nice, yet again!

post #52254 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader George View Post

I don't think I've ever been dissatisfied, even in the slightest manner, with any of your shoes. Very nice, yet again!

Thank you Trader George! I appreciate your support. :-D
post #52255 of 70737
What do you guys think of the brown cronmok wingtip boot? Used for casual and business casual settings (jeans and khakis).

My current shoe arsenal:

AE Strand in walnut
AE Mcallister in bourbon
AE Strand in brown suede

Maybe this would give me a nice more casual option?
post #52256 of 70737
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

X-Post from the MTO Thread

 

Cappuccino Shell Jeffersons MTO

 

 

More pics:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/381983/the-allen-edmonds-mto-thread/4680_30#post_7522798

 

-Mike

 

Look great, buddy. I wish I was your size so I could buy some of your discards, lol.

post #52257 of 70737

Does anyone use Jos. A Bank shoe trees with their AE shoes, specifically the Park Avenue?  I'm interested in how they fit as they go on sale for $8.50 quite often.

post #52258 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by P12OFIT View Post

Does anyone use Jos. A Bank shoe trees with their AE shoes, specifically the Park Avenue?  I'm interested in how they fit as they go on sale for $8.50 quite often.

many here do. its the same tree that AE uses, made by woodlore
post #52259 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by linds_15 View Post


many here do. its the same tree that AE uses, made by woodlore


Perfect.  That is all I needed to justify the purchase.  I appreciate it.

post #52260 of 70737
I was finally able to pick up my oxblood Dalton seconds and I absolutely love the color. I had yet to see oxblood in person, and had heard and read varying impressions so I really did not know what to expect.

The color changes substantially depending upon the light. They appear pretty dark indoors, but outside and in areas of good light they have a killer robust hue that I could only reproduce by using a flash. Plus I'm psyched to finally have a pair of Daltons in any color. smile.gif

















I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...