Those are freakin' beautiful. Look great with the chinos, but I'm pretty sure they'd look great with just about anything - including parachute pants.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3479post #52171 of 7073711/20/14 at 9:15ampost #52172 of 7073711/20/14 at 9:34ampost #52173 of 7073711/20/14 at 9:46amMy first pair of AEs is set to arrive today (Portland boots in bourbon), what do most people do for treatment before wearing? I have a collection of Saphir creams and polishes in various shades of brown, and picked up AEs bourbon polish as well because I wasnt sure my Saphir medium brown would match quite right. Should I hit the boots with some Reno and polish them up or just spray with some Super Invulner?post #52174 of 7073711/20/14 at 9:47am
What are everybody's thoughts on the current WebGem (Jingle Bell Mok Wingtip)?
I'm honestly thinking about pulling the trigger on them; it would be a nice holiday shoe to say the least. My SA will honour me 15% off, so I'd get them at $179.99. Thoughts?
Also, to respond to Richie a few pages back, whenever I buy something with cash (which is a lot), I put the loose coins on my desk. When my desk gets overrun with coins, I put them in a bag, and I repeat the process. I finally decided it was time to get rid of these bags.post #52175 of 7073711/20/14 at 9:48ampost #52176 of 7073711/20/14 at 10:03amQuote:Originally Posted by eibes
My first pair of AEs is set to arrive today (Portland boots in bourbon), what do most people do for treatment before wearing? I have a collection of Saphir creams and polishes in various shades of brown, and picked up AEs bourbon polish as well because I wasnt sure my Saphir medium brown would match quite right. Should I hit the boots with some Reno and polish them up or just spray with some Super Invulner?
Would probably hit them with some leather lotion wait a day then hit with a light neutral polish...remember Bourbon is a burnished finish NOT a dyed finish...you can screw it up good messing with colored waxes, polishes etc....I would not use Reno on them at all.post #52177 of 7073711/20/14 at 10:25amQuote:
To expand on my last post I was referring to Saphirs Renovateur, not the Reno'Mat which is a much more harsh cleaning product. Or would the Renovateur possibly mess up the burnished finishing also?
As to a leather lotion, recommendations?
Thanks for the help!post #52178 of 7073711/20/14 at 10:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Kahuna75
Broke out the Gobi's snuff today and totally in love...The last is the 809 which seem fit wise close to the 73 last(Shaker Heights) in that I can take a 13D in this as opposed to my regular 13E....My right foot is the smaller and their is a tiny bit of heel slip but I am wearing dress socks today for the break in ...most likely these will be worn with medium weight socks going forward. My right foot fits like the Shaker in that it seems like this shoe was made specific for my foot. Not sure why these were seconds but happy they were.
Not mentioned in the description of the shoe is the padded footbed which is spectacular. Being on sale for $221 and with 4 different welt sole combos this may be a no brainer to pay the $80 for a leather change. Easily could see these looking stellar in brown or natural CXL, Oxblood, Olive Suede, or even a walnut pebble grain would look pretty funky.
Olive has been listed by AE as an available color to myself and apparently several others. I'm not sure if they've been spotted in the wild or not. Either way, anyone looking for Olive could at least try asking if it's available without a SMU/MTO fee.post #52179 of 7073711/20/14 at 11:42amQuote:
Really? Where are you seeing this???????post #52180 of 7073711/20/14 at 11:54am
I was told by an SA that it would be available in Olive. I'm pretty sure some pages back that someone else was told the same thing, or had seen one IRL, but I'm too lazy to search for it. I'm sure it can resolved by a 5 minute phone call to WI.post #52181 of 7073711/20/14 at 1:09pmpost #52182 of 7073711/20/14 at 1:18pmQuote:
Those actually make me want to not go! And call and track down some waiting lists.However, the delivery times are a bit better. So maybe I will gopost #52183 of 7073711/20/14 at 1:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by tifosi
Im hoping to be a the Phila. cordovan event by 6pm. If anyone is going and you see a short guy wearing this combo come over and introduce yourself!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Awesome color and combo!post #52184 of 7073711/20/14 at 1:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Since I wasn't able to unload these before the Trunk Show I figured I may as well wear them around the office today. I figure the wingtip design, flat laces and light color of Truffle allow these to be chino ok. They are also my most hydrated and easy to maintain cordovan from AE. Maybe something to do with the fact they didn't have polish in this color to cake all over them before shipping them out...
Jeffersons?post #52185 of 7073711/20/14 at 1:55pm
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 22 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 23 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 25 minutes ago
- › once a day - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › 1950'S ROYAL STETSON STRATOLINER FEDORA VGC SIZE 7 1/4 33 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 53 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...