or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3465  

post #51961 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBoy920 View Post

They're up on the site now!!
No olive. ffffuuuu.gif

 

Holy crap, they're showing nine different versions.  That's the most I've ever seen for a single AE shoe.  Clearly they're going all-in.

post #51962 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post
 

 

Holy crap, they're showing nine different versions.  That's the most I've ever seen for a single AE shoe.  Clearly they're going all-in.

Are we talking about the new LWB, here?

post #51963 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf View Post

 

Holy crap, they're showing nine different versions.  That's the most I've ever seen for a single AE shoe.  Clearly they're going all-in.
Are we talking about the new LWB, here?

Yeah, the 5-last McGregor longwings are available in: black custom calf, brown burnished calf, bourbon calf, Bob's chili calf, walnut burnished calf, stone suede, navy suede, bitter chocolate suede, and snuff suede

They went all in on the Cavanaugh pinch penny loafer too... black custom calf, brown burnished calf, oxblood calf, walnut burnished calf, stone suede, navy suede, and bitter chocolate suede
post #51964 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceM View Post

Thinking about getting my first shell. Is brown shell on the strand and cambridge? Or is the strand a lighter brown.

If it's a lighter brown, would be similar to the bourbon color?

 

I see several folks have responded to your original post.  Yes, AE has one standard brown shell color which they (sometimes) refer to as either brown or dark brown - but it is the same color. 

 

During the ongoing Trunk Sale, they have introduced 2 new "brown range" shell colors - a Natural shell (light brown) and a Deep Dark Brown, but these are just for a limited time only.

 

What's of particular note now is that, during the span of the Trunk Sale, you can order any AE dress shoe or boot in their standard brown (or burgundy or black) shell for no MTO fee ($125 savings!!).  So for now, ALL AE dress shoes and boots are available in standard brown shell for no additional charge.

post #51965 of 70737

I love all the suede variations of that McGregor. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out at the cordovan event next week. 


Edited by tifosi - 11/15/14 at 11:36am
post #51966 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I love all the suede variations of that McGregor. Hopefully I'll be able to check it out at the cordovan even next week. 

Which one will you be at?
post #51967 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Which one will you be at?

I'll be at the Phila. store on the 20th.

post #51968 of 70737
Its interesting, of all the new burgundy colors/browns, i think i still like Merlot the best...it has a richer, classier tone to it than the Oxblood, in addition to the fact that I dont think im any longer a fan of the temporary/burnished shades that change back to their original monochromatic color over time after a few polishing. And Bobs chili is an excellent color, which i will be getting soon, but its too close to brown to be as versatile as Merlot has been for me.
post #51969 of 70737

That

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJones712 View Post

Hadn't even realized I had an account here, but I just had to share how much I'm in love with my Daltons. Not looking forward to putting them away when the snow rolls through.



Perfect fall boot.

Just gorgeous. I sometimes find myself wishing for Allen Edmonds to make a balmoral boot in the same style though!

post #51970 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJones712 View Post

Hadn't even realized I had an account here, but I just had to share how much I'm in love with my Daltons. Not looking forward to putting them away when the snow rolls through.



Perfect fall boot.

What color are these? I find myself getting exceedingly tempted to pick up a set of daltons through Nordstroms for 20% off. They only have walnut, but that seems the most popular color in this boot.
post #51971 of 70737

Dalton is now being offered in Bob's Chili.

 

I remember when there was a web gem for regular chili daltons, they looked great!

post #51972 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by eibes View Post

What color are these? I find myself getting exceedingly tempted to pick up a set of daltons through Nordstroms for 20% off. They only have walnut, but that seems the most popular color in this boot.
They are the walnut daltons
post #51973 of 70737
I have a pair of formal (patent leather) AEs I picked up brand new off eBay about three years ago. They are balmorals, no name and I assume they are a discontinued model as they are not on their web site. They are vary nice and I got a great deal, I suppose so anyway, since I cannot remember the price, so it could not have been much, probably less than $100. I am wondering what last they were built on, these are the numbers:

2450
17320

If anyone has any idea, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
post #51974 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olifter View Post

I have a pair of formal (patent leather) AEs I picked up brand new off eBay about three years ago. They are balmorals, no name and I assume they are a discontinued model as they are not on their web site. They are vary nice and I got a great deal, I suppose so anyway, since I cannot remember the price, so it could not have been much, probably less than $100. I am wondering what last they were built on, these are the numbers:

2450
17320

If anyone has any idea, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Pictures would help too
post #51975 of 70737
I stopped by the Edina, MN AE store today to check out the cordovan trunk show, thinking that I'd look at the special color swatches. To my pleasant surprise, they had the full display on hand with completed shoes. The green shell MacNeil looked really nice, and if I had extra cash (and closet room) to get them I definitely would. Definitely a cool looking make up.

Here are some pictures I snapped from the trunk show. Nothing you guys haven't seen, but here they are anyway:

Full display:


Black, Navy, Dark Brown (I think), Burgundy


Green (awesome!), Burgundy, Black, Natural


Brown, Dark Brown
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...