or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3459  

post #51871 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

Your wife paints?....I need a divorce.

 

Rather, she paid someone to paint. I knew we were having some work done in the house, but she never mentioned doing anything with that closet or my shoes.

 

Luckily, besides the walnut shell, I had taken my favorite shoes with me.

post #51872 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count de Monet View Post
 

 

So while you've been gone from your wife a week, someone has been wearing a crease into your loafers and your main concern is whether your shell has lightened or darkened?

 

OK, I get that.  I totally get that.  :nodding:

 

Hah! Actually, it's a crease in the quarter where it was clear that something heavy was laid on top of it and crushed the leather. I doubt anyone would ever notice it beside me, or a member of this forum.

 

EDIT: also, it took a while, but I finally got the joke. :rimshot:

post #51873 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

 

Rather, she paid someone to paint. I knew we were having some work done in the house, but she never mentioned doing anything with that closet or my shoes.

 

Luckily, besides the walnut shell, I had taken my favorite shoes with me.

 

Now you know that you need to lug all your shoes with you next time you go on a trip. Better yet, purchase new ones in Europe anticipating something happening to the ones at home. 

post #51874 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post

Got back from Paris to find my wife decided to paint the closet. She took all my shoes and left them on the porch for a week. baldy%5B1%5D.gif

All seems okay, except a heavy crease in one of my loafers and I'm still itching to find out of my walnut cordovan changed color or not  from exposure to the sun -- one shoe of the pair is still at the cobbler.
Oooooooo...!!! Maybe a trial separation is in order; give her a chance to make it up to you via the trunk show and MTO's among other things! Holidays are upon us - I see opportunity in this unfortunate circumstance!

As an aside, heard from Allison.... She will send me back my Navy EC and siphon $129 from my card, as it was headed to an outlet or Shoebank - probably to be purchased by ME anyway. Win.
Today is a good day, Daltons in tow:

Lazy lacing today, that my skinny ankles appreciate; these have held up admirably over 2 years. Now... On to Bottle Green First Avenue!!! (Addicted, much?)
post #51875 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post


Oooooooo...!!! Maybe a trial separation is in order; give her a chance to make it up to you via the trunk show and MTO's among other things! Holidays are upon us - I see opportunity in this unfortunate circumstance!

As an aside, heard from Allison.... She will send me back my Navy EC and siphon $129 from my card, as it was headed to an outlet or Shoebank - probably to be purchased by ME anyway. Win.
 

That's a hell of a deal. $295 for firsts was a discount, but $129 for seconds on an awesome GMTO? Bravo sir. 

post #51876 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

Got back from Paris to find my wife decided to paint the closet. She took all my shoes and left them on the porch for a week. :brick:

 

All seems okay, except a heavy crease in one of my loafers and I'm still itching to find out of my walnut cordovan changed color or not  from exposure to the sun -- one shoe of the pair is still at the cobbler.

 

1) That's absurd.  Even my kids know not to mess with my shoes.  My kids think my shoes are part of their inheritance!

2)  This may be the most responded-to post ever - at least for a long, long time.

 

@rostov, You're frustrating situation :brick: seems to be our entertainment.:rotflmao:

post #51877 of 70737

It's been a while since my last purchase, but with the winter coming in and the boots sale, I started getting the AE itch again.  Then I checked my AMEX offers and saw this. 

 

 

If the picture isn't clear, that's $50.00 in cashback if you spend $200.00 or more at Allen Edmonds.  If you have an AMEX, check for the deal!  This will give me a pair of those Bellevue Chukka Boots for $171.25- for firsts! 

 

Now I just need to get sized.

post #51878 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaceboFX View Post
 

It's been a while since my last purchase, but with the winter coming in and the boots sale, I started getting the AE itch again.  Then I checked my AMEX offers and saw this. 

 

 

If the picture isn't clear, that's $50.00 in cashback if you spend $200.00 or more at Allen Edmonds.  If you have an AMEX, check for the deal!  This will give me a pair of those Bellevue Chukka Boots for $171.25- for firsts! 

 

Now I just need to get sized.

 

Also, I don't know if this works with FatWallet but I believe you get 5% back for any AE purchase through the website. My friends recommended it to me while I was diamond shopping (Blue Nile is also on there).

post #51879 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

 

Also, I don't know if this works with FatWallet but I believe you get 5% back for any AE purchase through the website. My friends recommended it to me while I was diamond shopping (Blue Nile is also on there).

 

One can alternatively get 3 United miles per dollar spent if you go through the United Airlines shopping portal:  https://www.mileageplusshopping.com

 

However, I haven't found a way to get either option to work for shoebank purchases; it's only for things you can buy on allenedmonds.com

post #51880 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave42 View Post

One can alternatively get 3 United miles per dollar spent if you go through the United Airlines shopping portal:  https://www.mileageplusshopping.com

However, I haven't found a way to get either option to work for shoebank purchases; it's only for things you can buy on allenedmonds.com
Mine worked with the eagle county MTO charge from Allison. That's how I found out my shoes were in the mail smile.gif
post #51881 of 70737

Long Branches on a cold, wet day in New Orleans:

 

post #51882 of 70737
Long Branches for me today, too. -26 Celsius today:

post #51883 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTuesday View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

Got back from Paris to find my wife decided to paint the closet. She took all my shoes and left them on the porch for a week. :brick:

 

All seems okay, except a heavy crease in one of my loafers and I'm still itching to find out of my walnut cordovan changed color or not  from exposure to the sun -- one shoe of the pair is still at the cobbler.

 

1) That's absurd.  Even my kids know not to mess with my shoes.  My kids think my shoes are part of their inheritance!

2)  This may be the most responded-to post ever - at least for a long, long time.

 

@rostov, You're frustrating situation :brick: seems to be our entertainment.:rotflmao:

 

I laughed out loud at some of the responses....too funny

post #51884 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentyman View Post
 

 

Discontinued Shaker Heights like the Black, (dark) Brown, and Chili are still $127:

 

 

 

The current (light) Brown/Olive are $255.20. They're probably my second favorite colorway after Chili, but hard to justify over twice the price. ;)

 

 

My fav is the BB version. I wonder what they are priced at for seconds.

 

post #51885 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post
 

That's a hell of a deal. $295 for firsts was a discount, but $129 for seconds on an awesome GMTO? Bravo sir. 


Thanks, NWTeal - I am pleased with the outcome.  It makes them my cheapest LEAST EXPENSIVE purchase ever from AE. Even my distressed brown Pine River 2nds were $147 last year...

Customer Service kudos to Allison...as per usual. Two Eagle County MTOs in makeups I love, for the cost of one 1st quality Dalton. :drool:

Should have the Navy back tomorrow or Saturday...just in time to thrash about in the forecast light snow showers headed this way :slayer:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...