@tampatravel Well Done Sir!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/31/17 at 1:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3452post #51767 of 7073711/11/14 at 7:16ampost #51768 of 7073711/11/14 at 8:38amHi Guys,
Looking at buying a Strand from the Shoebank, trying to decide between Oxblood,Chili and Bourbon, they're all available in my size, they'll be paired with Navy,grey,Charcoal and khaki , what color you think will be more versatile?
TIA.post #51769 of 7073711/11/14 at 8:41amQuote:
My opinion is that when looking for versatility, the darker the better.post #51770 of 7073711/11/14 at 8:45ampost #51771 of 7073711/11/14 at 9:24amQuote:
Thanks jubu; I was thinking of a welt something similar to these:
This is where I could use some help - is this a medium brown and natural or chili welt? I'm assuming that's Carmina on the left, too, and is a pretty accurate representation of the actual Bottle Green I saw. The shell Strand needs it's piping, judging from the pic I posted. Looked a bit rough around the edges without it.
Agreed - it is bad ass in person, guess that's why it's flying out of the door.Quote:
That green is incredible, without screaming "look at me". The Deep dark Brown really just appeared more saturated with color that the old brown, and a hint of red or cherry undertones...the true difference will show up as patina develops I would assume. It'll be more uniform that what I've seen from the old brown I'm sure. There was no natty leeds (had black on display) to compare it to, peppercorn, but that Dundee...purty. Excuse me, guys, but what other boots are included as part in the trunk show? I forgot to ask.post #51772 of 7073711/11/14 at 9:56amQuote:
I think there could be a place for all of them, but I'm a big fan of red in all its forms, so I would probably start with the first two.post #51773 of 7073711/11/14 at 9:57amQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yup - click "Marketplace" at the top of the page and be sure to read the terms closely. Also, you can put a link to what you're selling in your signature.post #51774 of 7073711/11/14 at 11:10ampost #51775 of 7073711/11/14 at 1:15pmQuote:trying to decide between Oxblood,Chili and Bourbon . . . they'll be paired with Navy,grey,Charcoal and khaki
All should work, but depending upon how dark the charcoal pants, bourbon might be a distraction; chili and oxblood will work with everything other than dark brown. Between chili and oxblood, I prefer oxblood with most colors, particularly navy and charcoal; however, chili may be better if your khakis are more mushroom or British khaki, and is a bit more sedate with regular khakis. So oxblood for versatility; chili if your primarily color palette is a broad spectrum of khakis but you want occasional versatility for a few other colors. Bourbon, while ok with all colors you mention, is strongest for the entire tan/khaki/brown spectrum, while weakest with the other colors.post #51776 of 7073711/11/14 at 3:02pmpost #51777 of 7073711/11/14 at 3:09pm
For those of you with many MTO makeups under your belt, your input is requested.
How does this sound for my trunk show order:
Strand SMU:-Bottle Green Shell-Tone on tone stitching-No Medallion-Independence Lining-Regular Buff (or Chili) Welt-Wheeled Edge-Fudging-Medium Brown (for natural) or Light Brown (for Chili) Transparent Edging-Beaded Piping (is Bottle Green possible?)-Double Leather Reinbach Sole with Combination Heel
My first independent make up.post #51778 of 7073711/11/14 at 4:13pmRecent Shoebank score...got lucky while checking out the site late one night and was able to snag them before someone else.
Portland Boot in Bourbon w/ V-Tap Sole....does anyone have experience with the V-Tap Sole? How durable is it? Wondering if I should drop them off at B. Nelson to have toe taps installed.post #51779 of 7073711/11/14 at 4:15pmI have a question for you fellow AE fans. I would like to get a pair of AE's in dark brown suede, but I'm not sure which style to get. Any suggestions? I'm new to wearing suede shoes and don't know if I can wear the same pair with suits and denim despite some forum searching...
My current thoughts are either the fifth avenue, or strand, or a monk strap if they offer it.
Thanks for your help!post #51780 of 7073711/11/14 at 5:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by jubu
Recent Shoebank score...got lucky while checking out the site late one night and was able to snag them before someone else.
Portland Boot in Bourbon w/ V-Tap Sole....does anyone have experience with the V-Tap Sole? How durable is it? Wondering if I should drop them off at B. Nelson to have toe taps installed.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Great Score - I wish they would bring this back or do an ankle version of it...so many MTO's to do of it..
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 32 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...