or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3451  

post #51751 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

Agreed, and exactly the reason why I do not own walnut calf Strands despite appreciating the color from afar. My current dress wardrobe of navy, charcoals and grey/dark grey does not support the shoe, although the idea of seersucker and a walnut calf Strand for the hot summer months sounds great.

Walnut strands are my favourite shoe from AE simply because it's not boring. I wear it with Navy and grey pants (both dark gray and med), heck I even worn them with chino's. Someone mentioned it appeals to a younger crowd, that could be it as well. I find black dress shoes especially the park ave and fifth ave (which I have) to be boring and I don't wear it that often. Black just isn't versatile TO ME as some of the traditional dressed on here say. Also I find the fifth ave not sleek and kinda old man looking when I see other more sleeker shoes out there.

It's all personal preference though at the end of the day. I wore it to a wedding with my navy suit and it stood out but that was the point! It's a wedding and not some boring accountant desk job:slayer:
post #51752 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Walnut strands are my favourite shoe from AE simply because it's not boring. I wear it with Navy and grey pants (both dark gray and med), heck I even worn them with chino's. Someone mentioned it appeals to a younger crowd, that could be it as well. I find black dress shoes especially the park ave and fifth ave (which I have) to be boring and I don't wear it that often. Black just isn't versatile TO ME as some of the traditional dressed on here say. Also I find the fifth ave not sleek and kinda old man looking when I see other more sleeker shoes out there.

It's all personal preference though at the end of the day. I wore it to a wedding with my navy suit and it stood out but that was the point! It's a wedding and not some boring accountant desk job:slayer:

I agree I think walnut is my favorite color. Black is boring. I do shy away from walnut with dark colors. I'll go with bourbon with navy though.

Maybe it does appeal to the younger crowd. I know it drew me in. Everyone had a different style.
post #51753 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7_rocket View Post

Walnut strands are my favourite shoe from AE simply because it's not boring. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I wear it with Navy and grey pants (both dark gray and med), heck I even worn them with chino's. Someone mentioned it appeals to a younger crowd, that could be it as well. I find black dress shoes especially the park ave and fifth ave (which I have) to be boring and I don't wear it that often. Black just isn't versatile TO ME as some of the traditional dressed on here say. Also I find the fifth ave not sleek and kinda old man looking when I see other more sleeker shoes out there.

It's all personal preference though at the end of the day. I wore it to a wedding with my navy suit and it stood out but that was the point! It's a wedding and not some boring accountant desk job:slayer:

Also agreed. If we all held the same dress principles there'd be little individuality to the expression.

I will happily continue to appreciate from afar, since that's what works for me and my older and far less adventurous choices. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #51754 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley View Post




Just picked these up from ebay. They are called Eagle County Boots. They were manufactured in 2003 but the seller had never worn them.

I really like them. They can be worn with many different combos.
Could not have been 2003. I'm guessing these were made last year or 1q this year. Actually I had the exact same make up made around jan/feb this year except with brass eyelets. If these are in 8.5D or 8E then these are probably 2nds or factory rejects of my shoe.
post #51755 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post


Could not have been 2003. I'm guessing these were made last year or 1q this year. Actually I had the exact same make up made around jan/feb this year except with brass eyelets. If these are in 8.5D or 8E then these are probably 2nds or factory rejects of my shoe.

 

Yeah, I think they are from 2013 as well. I don't think the EC pattern was made until 2012 or 2013...

 

-Mike

post #51756 of 70737
MacNeils with denim tonight.
post #51757 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

MacNeils with denim tonight. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Pepper, you get any cool shells today or you waiting to hit up the NYC shows?

 

-Mike

post #51758 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

MacNeils with denim tonight.

What is the makeup on those? Look great.
post #51759 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Pepper, you get any cool shells today or you waiting to hit up the NYC shows?

-Mike

I'm reserving my decision until I see the different colors with my bare eyes. Plus I wanna meet Paul. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

What is the makeup on those? Look great.
Thanks! Burg shell recrafted with a natural welt, light brown transparent edge, double JR, tan laces.
post #51760 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Pepper, you get any cool shells today or you waiting to hit up the NYC shows?

-Mike

I'm reserving my decision until I see the different colors with my bare eyes. Plus I wanna meet Paul. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post

What is the makeup on those? Look great.
Thanks! Burg shell recrafted with a natural welt, light brown transparent edge, double JR, tan laces.

Awesome more confirmation the Dundee makeup is what I want...with the dark brown shell
post #51761 of 70737

Cross-post from MTO thread... Just got back from the trunk show - thanks to Paul, Skip, Ryan, Matt, and the guys from the production team - who were chock full of information on parts of the process that our MTOs are going through... Got there late, so didn't get to spend as much time getting familiar, but Paul did toss me a compliment on my jacket while I was there... :slayer:

 

It couldn't have turned out better!

 

As for photos:

 

Bottle Green Macneil , Natural Dundee and Deep Dark Brown Strand.  The Navy PA (if I remember correctly) slipped away from the display for a moment, and I was a little loopy from low blood sugar - ate all the cookies put out for us.  Glad I went...Am concocting my shoe now...thinking about a Bottle green Strand without medallion or Natural Macneil. Will call in tomorrow - happy to hear suggestions!

post #51762 of 70737
That green looks nice!!

I'd love to see the new dark brown vs regular brown.

If I go natty, the only question is: leeds or dundee?
post #51763 of 70737

That natural Dundee fills me with so much want.

post #51764 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyoshi68 View Post

Am concocting my shoe now...thinking about a Bottle green Strand without medallion or Natural Macneil. Will call in tomorrow - happy to hear suggestions!


Bottle Green Strand w/o medallion sounds awesome!! I think I may have to copy you on that....what color welt? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #51765 of 70737
Thank you to all the Veterans that have served our country

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...