or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3439  

post #51571 of 70737
Whats everyone's opinion on shell balmorals and chinos?
post #51572 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo View Post

Today: walnut calf Dalton.

eju2y7u4.jpg

I know this photo was from forever ago... but GOODNESS! How in the hell did this guy ever think these fit his foot! His left foot is ok, but the right one is atrocious.

post #51573 of 70737

University firsts in Black and Walnut for $184 at Macy's. this was shared on Dappered.com

 

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/allen-edmonds-university-u-tip-oxfords?ID=1309862&upc_ID=32317213

post #51574 of 70737
Sort of a PSA. Noticed Shoebank has the Shaker Heights in brown and chili at $127. I know these are popular here. Also have the Promontory Point in black at $127, though some have reported fit issues with that boot.
post #51575 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinngiskhaan View Post
 

I know this photo was from forever ago... but GOODNESS! How in the hell did this guy ever think these fit his foot! His left foot is ok, but the right one is atrocious.

What are you talking about.

post #51576 of 70737

Ordered the tan Strandmok today from the shoebank sale.  I needed a versatile, durable shoe that could be worn with jeans and chinos.  The dainite sole is a plus.  The reviews of the shoe on AE.com have been very positive.

 

Will post pics when I receive them.  They should arrive tomorrow.

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4026_1_40000000001_-1_4028

 

post #51577 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Savage View Post

About to buy my first pair of Shell Cordovan shoes. Help me decide between MaNeil and Cambridge.

When faced with the same decision, I chose the Cambridge, and love the shoe so much I'll wear it with just about anything without shame. biggrin.gif










On the right after a light coat of Alden's Color #8 Paste Wax




Good luck whatever the ultimate choice as you cannot go wrong with either option.
post #51578 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMT1 View Post

When faced with the same decision, I chose the Cambridge, and love the shoe so much I'll wear it with just about anything without shame. biggrin.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)








On the right after a light coat of Alden's Color #8 Paste Wax Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Good luck whatever the ultimate choice as you cannot go wrong with either option.

Beautiful shoes, and agree - you can't go wrong.
post #51579 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Sort of a PSA. Noticed Shoebank has the Shaker Heights in brown and chili at $127. I know these are popular here. Also have the Promontory Point in black at $127, though some have reported fit issues with that boot.

 

Yeah, I hopped on the Chili Shaker Heights last sale, and while I haven't worn them yet, I'm very excited to. What a deal.

 

If the Promontory Point doing fit, be sure to take out the huge orthotic insole. That throws them off by almost a full size.

post #51580 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

Ordered the tan Strandmok today from the shoebank sale.  I needed a versatile, durable shoe that could be worn with jeans and chinos.  The dainite sole is a plus.  The reviews of the shoe on AE.com have been very positive.

 

Will post pics when I receive them.  They should arrive tomorrow.

 

http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4026_1_40000000001_-1_4028

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Great shoe....a little more versatile than the Rush St...

post #51581 of 70737
was gonna buy 2-3 pairs of shoes. Doesn't AE usually have a blowout thanksgiving or Christmas sale?
post #51582 of 70737


Regarding Cambridges vs. shell Macneils:

 

I's say it depends on the existing size of your rotation.  If relatively small, I'd opt for the Macneil in #8 because it has a little more "reach," i.e. I think it covers a wider range of dress.  Unlike many, I think wearing shell gunboats is not only ok with a suit, there is ample historical precedence for it, at least in the US.  And you can dress down a LWB a little farther than a wingtipped oxford.

 

On the other hand, if you already have most of your bases covered, I'd opt for whatever you think you'll enjoy the best.  My favorite AE's are my burgundy Cambridges I got last summer.  They just keep getting better looking.

post #51583 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Just sharing the brown grain ECs from the SF GMTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
5532acaae802d07c1a2c25a64fe8d090.jpg
efe94222b3b5ab95cc99e410463b7c35.jpg
5d29b39b270a1e6b4456de17580a6bc8.jpg
ad4c64942f00e4d39d2c8629e21f9008.jpg
58425afdd895e3038c5d5d8b597a79f2.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

Absolutely beautiful, and practically a crime at $295.

post #51584 of 70737
Just noticed the new First Avenue boot is only available until Nov. 18.
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF1193_1_40000000001_-1_1193

If anyone orders it, please report on your findings. I'm going to wait this one out - not willing to spend $425 on an AE shoe unless I can see in person and try on in store.
post #51585 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Just noticed the new First Avenue boot is only available until Nov. 18.
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF1193_1_40000000001_-1_1193

If anyone orders it, please report on your findings. I'm going to wait this one out - not willing to spend $425 on an AE shoe unless I can see in person and try on in store.

 

Someone should really MTO it in one of the new shell colors.  Even just the burgundy or straight-up brown would look amazing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...