or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3431  

post #51451 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Interesting - I actually saw these in a Nordstrom Rack store and assumed they were Neumok. But looks to me to likely be the McGregor, using the Neumok leather:
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF4552_1_40000000001_-1_4557

Also noticed the "Riverside", which looks like a Clifton without brogueing:

https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/988468/allen-edmonds-riverside-cap-toe-blucher?color=BLACK


I'll bet these are made specifically for the Rack; interesting idea if this is what Nordstrom is doing.

They're made for the Rack. The bulk of AE shoes at the Rack these days are specifically made for them. They're not true seconds, but are made with slightly lower quality leather (not corrected grain or anything, but a little older cows etc.) and with a touch more room for error. Styles like the 6th Ave, Boardwalk, Riverside, Middleton, and a few others I've forgotten are made specifically for the Rack. They mark them with the seconds stamp but the shoes are not necessarily true seconds in the sense that they have cosmetic flaws but rather it's more of a quality indicator for the leather (and a slightly higher tolerance for flaws).

Of course, you can still find a lot of true seconds at the Rack, but you can generally tell which shoes are made for the Rack by looking at the insole - if it has the new 1922 shield and is a style not listed on AE's site, it's probably a Rack special. Also, they tend to have at least 2 pairs per size in each shoe at each Rack, which is a dead giveaway that they're specially made for them. They also tend to look extremely "new", whereas most seconds are fairly old-looking.
post #51452 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmartin View Post

Has anyone ever heard of the Allen Edmonds Boardwalk? I was wondering what last it is made on. It's an olive longwing and is being sold at Nordstrom Rack.


https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/988474?sid=545655&aid=21181&source=pepperjam&publisherId=21181&clickId=1080901867

That's nice, and I do see the iffy stitching.

Anyone know what last it's made on?
post #51453 of 70737
CORDOVAN PSA BOSTON MARKET

My name is James Pietryka and I am the Manager of the Allen Edmonds store on State Street in Downtown Boston. On Tuesday November 18th from 4:00 - 7:00pm, we will be hosting the Cordovan "trunk show" for the Boston Market.

Ryan from our Chicago store posted some details for their event but here is the info again in case you missed it! For our event, we will have a limited amount of rare shell cordovan colors: Navy, Green, Deep Dark Brown and Natural Brown. These special colors will be limited to 25 pairs per color on the following styles: Park Avenue, Leeds, MacNeil, Dundee, Strand and Patriot. The $125 custom charge will be waived for this event. In addition, you will also be allowed to customize the outsole, insole, lining, eye stays and various other specs for no additional charge. Any shoe not listed in the offer can be had with the additional $125 custom charge.

We will also offer to everybody the chance to order any of our current dress welts in either Burgundy or Black Shell Cordovan for the standard Cordovan prices ($650 shoe/$725 boot) with the custom fee waived.

Please feel free to get in touch with me with any questions as I am now accepting preorders for this event. We expect to have some leather samples in store soon as well.

I hope to see you all at the event. If you can't make it, just email or call and we can put your order in.

Best Regards,

James
Jpietryka@allenedmonds.com
617-557-3131
post #51454 of 70737
*Edited as not to confuse.*

I hear that Green hasn't gotten any love at all.
Edited by csmitty - 11/4/14 at 6:46am
post #51455 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEBoston View Post

CORDOVAN PSA BOSTON MARKET



My name is James Pietryka and I am the Manager of the Allen Edmonds store on State Street in Downtown Boston. On Tuesday November 18th from 4:00 - 7:00pm, we will be hosting the Cordovan "trunk show" for the Boston Market.



Ryan from our Chicago store posted some details for their event but here is the info again in case you missed it! For our event, we will have a limited amount of rare shell cordovan colors: Navy, Green, Deep Dark Brown and Natural Brown. These special colors will be limited to 25 pairs per color on the following styles: Park Avenue, Leeds, MacNeil, Dundee, Strand and Patriot. The $125 custom charge will be waived for this event. In addition, you will also be allowed to customize the outsole, insole, lining, eye stays and various other specs for no additional charge. Any shoe not listed in the offer can be had with the additional $125 custom charge.



We will also offer to everybody the chance to order any of our current dress welts in either Burgundy or Black Shell Cordovan for the standard Cordovan prices ($650 shoe/$725 boot) with the custom fee waived.



Please feel free to get in touch with me with any questions as I am now accepting preorders for this event. We expect to have some leather samples in store soon as well.



I hope to see you all at the event. If you can't make it, just email or call and we can put your order in.



Best Regards,



James

Jpietryka@allenedmonds.com

617-557-3131

 



Thanks for the info James, One question. When you say you can do any dress welt in Burgundy and Black with the fee waived, what about the standard Brown cordovan?
post #51456 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

Hmmm...so its not 25 pairs per color =100 pairs, but rather 25 per color per style =600? Thats a lot of cordovan per store. I'm sure there's no way that one store could fill up 600 orders. I was thinking 100 was a stretch. Although I hear that Green hasn't gotten any love at all.


It sounds like 25 per color per store, not per style.

post #51457 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEBoston View Post

CORDOVAN PSA BOSTON MARKET

My name is James Pietryka and I am the Manager of the Allen Edmonds store on State Street in Downtown Boston. On Tuesday November 18th from 4:00 - 7:00pm, we will be hosting the Cordovan "trunk show" for the Boston Market.

Ryan from our Chicago store posted some details for their event but here is the info again in case you missed it! For our event, we will have a limited amount of rare shell cordovan colors: Navy, Green, Deep Dark Brown and Natural Brown. These special colors will be limited to 25 pairs per color on the following styles: Park Avenue, Leeds, MacNeil, Dundee, Strand and Patriot. The $125 custom charge will be waived for this event. In addition, you will also be allowed to customize the outsole, insole, lining, eye stays and various other specs for no additional charge. Any shoe not listed in the offer can be had with the additional $125 custom charge.

We will also offer to everybody the chance to order any of our current dress welts in either Burgundy or Black Shell Cordovan for the standard Cordovan prices ($650 shoe/$725 boot) with the custom fee waived.

Please feel free to get in touch with me with any questions as I am now accepting preorders for this event. We expect to have some leather samples in store soon as well.

I hope to see you all at the event. If you can't make it, just email or call and we can put your order in.

Best Regards,

James
Jpietryka@allenedmonds.com
617-557-3131

Thanks James! The info about ordering current styles in #8 and black is new! What about the standard AE brown? And how does the dark brown compare with the standard color?
post #51458 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post


It sounds like 25 per color per store, not per style.

 



Actually I re-read it again and yea it makes sense at 25 per color. (which I always understood it to be) I suppose it could possibly be taken the other way but its also early and I read through it quickly smile.gif

I edited my initial post.
post #51459 of 70737
Does anyone know if sample pics of the shell colors have been posted yet? I'd be interested in seeing what the navy and green shell colors look like.
post #51460 of 70737

I'm still very curious to see what color the dark dark brown is. Also, if the green is anything like Carmina's, it'll be a cool color, but hard to pair. Would be cool in a Mora 2.0 or Norwich (which I think needs to have a flat welt). 

post #51461 of 70737
I received this pic from my SA.

post #51462 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

I received this pic from my SA.


Thanks for posting this csmitty....do you know what colors we're looking at in the photo?
post #51463 of 70737

looks like natural brown, deep dark brown and green

post #51464 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubu View Post



Thanks for posting this csmitty....do you know what colors we're looking at in the photo?

 



I can only assume its the Green, Dark Brown, and Natural. I wasn't really planning on a Brown so didn't pay much attention to it. If we can do normal brown in all dress welts with no fee I might see how it compares the browns and possibly do one. Almost kinda wish I hadn't done the Townley now...blasphemy I know.
post #51465 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSO1 View Post


It sounds like 25 per color per store, not per style.

It is 25 pairs per color per store (100 pairs)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...