Nice. I stopped by the local Macy's today and they only had the Hanover (whole cut) in bourbon - sizes 8.5D and 11.5D (I'm an 11E) for ~$105 with the discount. Not interested in that shoe. I know the Hanover is a closeout model but the Carlyle and University are not. Very cool that you landed those prices. I'll assume the discounts are only good on the shoes on the clearance racks? Of course most/all are D width which doesn't work for me :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 3/27/17 at 7:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 4:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3429post #51422 of 7073711/2/14 at 9:09pmpost #51423 of 7073711/3/14 at 7:02amI happened to be wearing my natural CXL Clark Streets with some grey denim today.
Interesting to read that others are getting some heel slippage with the Clark Streets. I think I also get a little bit of heel slippage but it really has not bothered me at all since I got it about half a year ago. And I've worn them relatively often. I like them a lot.post #51424 of 7073711/3/14 at 8:33ampost #51425 of 7073711/3/14 at 8:39ampost #51426 of 7073711/3/14 at 9:00ampost #51427 of 7073711/3/14 at 9:07ampost #51428 of 7073711/3/14 at 9:13ampost #51429 of 7073711/3/14 at 11:43ampost #51430 of 7073711/3/14 at 11:49amQuote:
I got my Long Branches about 10 days ago and absolutely love them. Got them at the RDA pricing of $269, but I guess I should have waited for them to pop up at the Shoe Bank based on what you nabbed them for!
At first, I thought I made a mistake in going too big with them. I generally waver between 11.5 D and 12 D, depending on the shoe. Got mine in 12 D and while they felt a little loose and Frankenstein-y at first, I realized the moment I put on a pair of wool socks that they fit me almost perfectly. Wearing them here at work today with some navy khakis and loving every minute of them. Definitely a keeper, and cant' wait to see how these handle the elements once the Chicago snow season kicks in. Congrats on the find!post #51431 of 7073711/3/14 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacktasticGDogg
I happened to be wearing my natural CXL Clark Streets with some grey denim today. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Interesting to read that others are getting some heel slippage with the Clark Streets. I think I also get a little bit of heel slippage but it really has not bothered me at all since I got it about half a year ago. And I've worn them relatively often. I like them a lot.
I would really like a pair of these in dark brown CXL (the leather used for Alden 403s).post #51432 of 7073711/3/14 at 2:12pmpost #51433 of 7073711/3/14 at 3:07pmHas anyone ever heard of the Allen Edmonds Boardwalk? I was wondering what last it is made on. It's an olive longwing and is being sold at Nordstrom Rack.
https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/988474?sid=545655&aid=21181&source=pepperjam&publisherId=21181&clickId=1080901867post #51434 of 7073711/3/14 at 3:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by frankmartin
Has anyone ever heard of the Allen Edmonds Boardwalk? I was wondering what last it is made on. It's an olive longwing and is being sold at Nordstrom Rack.
Interesting - I actually saw these in a Nordstrom Rack store and assumed they were Neumok. But looks to me to likely be the McGregor, using the Neumok leather:
Also noticed the "Riverside", which looks like a Clifton without brogueing:
I'll bet these are made specifically for the Rack; interesting idea if this is what Nordstrom is doing.post #51435 of 7073711/3/14 at 5:45pm
After seeing the oxblood offerings in the new catalog, I have to wonder what the motivation is for this color when merlot is already available. It seems like these colors are particularly close, with the exceptions being oxblood is more red, whereas merlot is more of a black cherry. I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 21 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 10 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...