or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3403  

post #51031 of 70737
What's the 201 last?

Also those hideous XMas neumoks are back.

Funny how they wait until right after the RDA to introduce more new styles. Looking forward to the shortwing blucher.

Wonder if we'll see a balboot?
post #51032 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

What's the 201 last?

Also those hideous XMas neumoks are back.

Funny how they wait until right after the RDA to introduce more new styles. Looking forward to the shortwing blucher.

Wonder if we'll see a balboot?

I agree that the JBMs are hideous...but something makes me want a pair (maybe I'm just longing for Xmas already...).

As I currently only have lined shoes on the 5 last, can anyone comment on if they size unlined (neumok especially) shoes a width down?
post #51033 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dynamite View Post


I agree that the JBMs are hideous...but something makes me want a pair (maybe I'm just longing for Xmas already...).

As I currently only have lined shoes on the 5 last, can anyone comment on if they size unlined (neumok especially) shoes a width down?

I wear an 8E in both the amok and suede strand. Different lasts and all, yes, but the Amok is supposed to be super narrow. I find unlined suede is very accommodating and stretches quite a bit!

post #51034 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmiller View Post
 

What does the poron look like? I always thought my suede strands fit a little different too - like the insole raised my foot up a lot. It has improved since I purchased them, but still feels noticeably different than my McAllisters.


It usually has little holes all around the edges.  I prefer it to the regular insoles, so almost all of my shoes have it.


I have a pair of Brogue Suede Stands, which don't feel narrower than any of my other shoes, but maybe it's because I wear a 3E width.

post #51035 of 70737
Ha I just face booked to ask about this boot two days ago and the response was what boot?

Lol...have to say wish I waited to do the mto of the shaker as I like the captoe...though maybe not a $100 more...
post #51036 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmiller View Post

 
What does the poron look like? I always thought my suede strands fit a little different too - like the insole raised my foot up a lot. It has improved since I purchased them, but still feels noticeably different than my McAllisters.


It usually has little holes all around the edges.  I prefer it to the regular insoles, so almost all of my shoes have it.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)




I have a pair of Brogue Suede Stands, which don't feel narrower than any of my other shoes, but maybe it's because I wear a 3E width.


Same for me

post #51037 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTraveler View Post
 

New boot on the site called the First Avenue.  I think this will be a fan favorite.  Wish it came in brown.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Like.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Also those hideous XMas neumoks are back.
 

 

It gets worse . . .

 

:eek:

post #51038 of 70737
On Reddit, Paul talked about a new last they were developing that was like the 5 last but supposedly easier to fit. Maybe the 201 is it.
post #51039 of 70737
I love those first aves.  They look like shaker heights without the tweed and with a cap toe (also speed hooks!).   I bet we could do all kinds of fun things with that design in a GMTO.
post #51040 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I wear an 8E in both the amok and suede strand. Different lasts and all, yes, but the Amok is supposed to be super narrow. I find unlined suede is very accommodating and stretches quite a bit!

Thanks! I think I'm gonna stick to my typical 5 last size just to be safe.
post #51041 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post


Agreed.....at $425 it needs to be in something other than calf, in my opinion.  Not shell, but maybe dublin or CXL. 

I'd love to see that boot in another color, as well, since I don't see the versatility in black shoes outside of a few situations (personal style preference).
I'm pretty sure that CXL and Essex is less expensive for them to source than calf, since they come from adult hides, which are far more plentiful on the market.

I could just be talking out of my arse, but it makes sense to me...
post #51042 of 70737
And another thing, why are they naming all of these shoes after streets on the East Side?? How about a West End, Amsterdamn, 8th ave, or Columbus??

Or even something in Brooklyn like the Atlantic Ave, or Smith, Metropolitan Ave, or Court Street? Too inside?
post #51043 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


I'm pretty sure that CXL and Essex is less expensive for them to source than calf, since they come from adult hides, which are far more plentiful on the market.

I could just be talking out of my arse, but it makes sense to me...


You're probably right.  I guess when I thnk of a cap toe boot, non-dress boot I don't think of dress leather being the go-to material. 

post #51044 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

On Reddit, Paul talked about a new last they were developing that was like the 5 last but supposedly easier to fit. Maybe the 201 is it.
What Mr. G says: "new lasts!"

What I hear: "we're phasing out the widths that fit you!"

ffffuuuu.gif

Feels like I'd better stock up for the rest of my life while the getting's good before availability gets even worse than it already is.
post #51045 of 70737
Black shoes aren't really my cup of tea. They do nada for me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...