What does everyone think of the Presidio in Burgundy? I would generally not go with a penny loafer, but I think this model looks sleek and modern. They have some in my size for the 2 for $200.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/6/16 at 7:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- How do shoe care kit I can build myself?Last edited: 1/28/16
- Stocking Stuffers for Your Favorite Denim HeadLast edited: 12/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 341post #5101 of 705585/7/12 at 12:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5102 of 705585/7/12 at 1:19pmQuote:
I like that shoe - in fact they have it in my size and I am tempted. But I don't wear burgundy very often, so I still haven't jumped on it yet.
I think it is a nice modern version of the penny loafer. And I'm a big fan of the executive rubber sole for rainy days.
Chrispost #5103 of 705585/7/12 at 1:45pmpost #5104 of 705585/7/12 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
For the Walnut McAllister I use Cognac #10 polish. They do not have a cream in that color so you could go lighter for a cream, I still haven't picked up a light brown cream yet. Just like the AE cognac polish the #10 will keep the lighter color of the factory walnut color.
The Brown Burnished Strands look almost identical in color to my Jefferson's which the Dark Brown #5 matches perfectly. If the sun finally comes out and plays well tonight I'll try to post some pics.
thanks CI. would love to see some pics. I'm surprised the #10 would work for the Walnuts!post #5105 of 705585/7/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Well the sun and shadows played havoc, this is the best I could do. The Jefferson's with 6-7 VERY thin coats of dark brown MDO and a light base of the dark brown cream:
I'm a sucker for wingtips and brogueing in general. Those webgems are killing me.... Still waiting for my burgundy shell Cambridge to come in. Here are the walnut McAlister's with 1 coat of #10 cognac, Walnut shell's on both ends. The Dalton boot does have a couple of coats of #10 for winter protection and fix a couple of scratches but mainly just the brush, walnut shell strands nothing but the brush:post #5106 of 705585/7/12 at 3:23pmQuote:
If you've not tried on the 2 last before, I'd caution against them. While they are, IMO, a goodlooking shoes, I had to return them because the toe box was just too narrow. Very uncomfortable. It's a blessing and a curse for me that the 2 last is so narrow. I'd be tempted by about 7 pairs of shoes if the 2 worked for me. As it is, I'm only eyeing the Vinci and the Rush.
Anyone have any comments on the Vinci or the Rush?post #5107 of 705585/7/12 at 3:35pm
Getting some walnut McAlisters delivered this week.....When I placed the order I only included AE shoe polish and forgot to include some conditioner/cleaner. So I just ordered it separately today and it is on backorder. My question is do I need to wait for the conditioner to arrive and be applied to the shoe before wearing?post #5108 of 705585/7/12 at 4:05pm
I purchased the Vinci as part of the current sale. Great shoe, very elegant and TTS with just a little bit of extra room. Mine had 3 bumps in the foot bed of the left shoe and I thought I could get around it by using black superfeet inserts. After a couple of hours on Saturday wearing them I started feeling the bumps and when I tried it again Sunday morning it really hurt my foot. Yes, I wanted to keep them that badly. Ended up calling later on Sunday and they were out in my size so had to settle for a different shoe, a boot actually. If they have a Vinci in your size I highly recommend it.post #5109 of 705585/7/12 at 4:10pmpost #5110 of 705585/7/12 at 4:33pmpost #5111 of 705585/7/12 at 4:55pmQuote:
Tough one for me also. I read the snuff is softer but I like the chocolate better. No I like the lighter snuff better. Well the chocolate looks classier. Oops here I go again.post #5112 of 705585/7/12 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
I purchased the Vinci as part of the current sale. Great shoe, very elegant and TTS with just a little bit of extra room. Mine had 3 bumps in the foot bed of the left shoe and I thought I could get around it by using black superfeet inserts. After a couple of hours on Saturday wearing them I started feeling the bumps and when I tried it again Sunday morning it really hurt my foot. Yes, I wanted to keep them that badly. Ended up calling later on Sunday and they were out in my size so had to settle for a different shoe, a boot actually. If they have a Vinci in your size I highly recommend it.
This is a sad story, sorry for the bad experience...post #5113 of 705585/7/12 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pacinko
Getting some walnut McAlisters delivered this week.....When I placed the order I only included AE shoe polish and forgot to include some conditioner/cleaner. So I just ordered it separately today and it is on backorder. My question is do I need to wait for the conditioner to arrive and be applied to the shoe before wearing?
I would say you would be fine to wear them before putting the cleaner/conditioner on them. The cleaner/conditioner shouldn't be too far behind. Just apply it when it arrives and you should be OK.
Chrispost #5114 of 705585/7/12 at 6:23pmpost #5115 of 705585/7/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
Personally I think more rain drops because they cause 'welting' on shell. Eventually they go away but I typically prefer to wear calf on rainy days.
Thank you for the compliment. the Cambridge has double layer soles vis-a-vis single layer for the McAllister.
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › NWT: Ralph Lauren Purple Label Polos MSRP $325 37 seconds ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 43 seconds ago
- › vintage soul music appreciation thread 52 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...