What does everyone think of the Presidio in Burgundy? I would generally not go with a penny loafer, but I think this model looks sleek and modern. They have some in my size for the 2 for $200.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 7:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 6:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 341post #5101 of 707375/7/12 at 12:32pmpost #5102 of 707375/7/12 at 1:19pmQuote:
I like that shoe - in fact they have it in my size and I am tempted. But I don't wear burgundy very often, so I still haven't jumped on it yet.
I think it is a nice modern version of the penny loafer. And I'm a big fan of the executive rubber sole for rainy days.
Chrispost #5103 of 707375/7/12 at 1:45pmpost #5104 of 707375/7/12 at 1:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
For the Walnut McAllister I use Cognac #10 polish. They do not have a cream in that color so you could go lighter for a cream, I still haven't picked up a light brown cream yet. Just like the AE cognac polish the #10 will keep the lighter color of the factory walnut color.
The Brown Burnished Strands look almost identical in color to my Jefferson's which the Dark Brown #5 matches perfectly. If the sun finally comes out and plays well tonight I'll try to post some pics.
thanks CI. would love to see some pics. I'm surprised the #10 would work for the Walnuts!post #5105 of 707375/7/12 at 2:43pmQuote:
Well the sun and shadows played havoc, this is the best I could do. The Jefferson's with 6-7 VERY thin coats of dark brown MDO and a light base of the dark brown cream:
I'm a sucker for wingtips and brogueing in general. Those webgems are killing me.... Still waiting for my burgundy shell Cambridge to come in. Here are the walnut McAlister's with 1 coat of #10 cognac, Walnut shell's on both ends. The Dalton boot does have a couple of coats of #10 for winter protection and fix a couple of scratches but mainly just the brush, walnut shell strands nothing but the brush:post #5106 of 707375/7/12 at 3:23pmQuote:
If you've not tried on the 2 last before, I'd caution against them. While they are, IMO, a goodlooking shoes, I had to return them because the toe box was just too narrow. Very uncomfortable. It's a blessing and a curse for me that the 2 last is so narrow. I'd be tempted by about 7 pairs of shoes if the 2 worked for me. As it is, I'm only eyeing the Vinci and the Rush.
Anyone have any comments on the Vinci or the Rush?post #5107 of 707375/7/12 at 3:35pm
Getting some walnut McAlisters delivered this week.....When I placed the order I only included AE shoe polish and forgot to include some conditioner/cleaner. So I just ordered it separately today and it is on backorder. My question is do I need to wait for the conditioner to arrive and be applied to the shoe before wearing?post #5108 of 707375/7/12 at 4:05pm
I purchased the Vinci as part of the current sale. Great shoe, very elegant and TTS with just a little bit of extra room. Mine had 3 bumps in the foot bed of the left shoe and I thought I could get around it by using black superfeet inserts. After a couple of hours on Saturday wearing them I started feeling the bumps and when I tried it again Sunday morning it really hurt my foot. Yes, I wanted to keep them that badly. Ended up calling later on Sunday and they were out in my size so had to settle for a different shoe, a boot actually. If they have a Vinci in your size I highly recommend it.post #5109 of 707375/7/12 at 4:10pm
Does anyone have any feedback on the Titan Rubber Sole to share? I'm assuming it is supposed to function as a traditional Dainite sole; however, it is not made by Dainite, right? I'm interested to see what people think of its comfort, traction and durability.post #5110 of 707375/7/12 at 4:33pmpost #5111 of 707375/7/12 at 4:55pmQuote:
Tough one for me also. I read the snuff is softer but I like the chocolate better. No I like the lighter snuff better. Well the chocolate looks classier. Oops here I go again.post #5112 of 707375/7/12 at 5:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
I purchased the Vinci as part of the current sale. Great shoe, very elegant and TTS with just a little bit of extra room. Mine had 3 bumps in the foot bed of the left shoe and I thought I could get around it by using black superfeet inserts. After a couple of hours on Saturday wearing them I started feeling the bumps and when I tried it again Sunday morning it really hurt my foot. Yes, I wanted to keep them that badly. Ended up calling later on Sunday and they were out in my size so had to settle for a different shoe, a boot actually. If they have a Vinci in your size I highly recommend it.
This is a sad story, sorry for the bad experience...post #5113 of 707375/7/12 at 5:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pacinko
Getting some walnut McAlisters delivered this week.....When I placed the order I only included AE shoe polish and forgot to include some conditioner/cleaner. So I just ordered it separately today and it is on backorder. My question is do I need to wait for the conditioner to arrive and be applied to the shoe before wearing?
I would say you would be fine to wear them before putting the cleaner/conditioner on them. The cleaner/conditioner shouldn't be too far behind. Just apply it when it arrives and you should be OK.
Chrispost #5114 of 707375/7/12 at 6:23pmpost #5115 of 707375/7/12 at 6:24pmQuote:
Personally I think more rain drops because they cause 'welting' on shell. Eventually they go away but I typically prefer to wear calf on rainy days.
Thank you for the compliment. the Cambridge has double layer soles vis-a-vis single layer for the McAllister.
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to? 23 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 24 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 27 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 35 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 43 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 48 minutes ago
- › NWT MMM Line 14 52 shawl collar tuxedo - price cut 48 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 54 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...