or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 3374  

post #50596 of 70737

My girlfriend thinks I have a lot of shoes, but some of you guys put me to shame. 

 

I'm in my mid-twenties and work in a business casual environment which means pressed slacks and a dress shirt, jacket option. Suits are rare, although I try to find any excuse to wear a jacket and tie without sticking out too much.  I figured that there might be a lot of people visiting this thread/lurking that might be in the same situation as me and this might be helpful. 

 

My collection is as such:

 

Balmorals:

Burgundy Shell Park Avenue

Walnut McAllister

Brown Shell Strand

Snuff Suede Neumok (it's weird to put this here)

Andrew Lock Handgrade (Joseph Cheaney Imperial) Black Medallion Toe

 

 

Bluchers/Monkstraps:

Burgundy Shell MacNeil

Brown Ralph Lauren Sanderson

Meermin Brown Double Monk

Tricker's Blue Suede Bourton

J Crew Natural Suede Kenton PTB

 

Boots:

Walnut Shell Dalton

Burgundy Shell Dalton

Golden CXL Promontory Point

Walnut Ralph Lauren Saunders 

J Crew Sand Suede Bennett Chukka

 

Sold:

Burgundy Shell Leeds

Brogue Suede Strands

Black Park Avenues

Brown Norwich

Black Del Ray

 

I guess I only have 15 pairs for "dress shoes" .

 

I don't have a black cap toe which is probably grounds for booting me off of SF, but I find that the Andrew Locks work fine for weddings, interviews, and funerals. I'm thinking about picking up some Herring ones via Gentlemen's footwear, but waiting to see if some Carmina GMTOs get enough people. There's a number of shoes I want...but so many shoes, not enough $$$. 

post #50597 of 70737
Quote:
 
Dalton chili austerity
 

 

Pics!

post #50598 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostov View Post

 

Pics!

 



Pretty sure thats the one in his avatar. If not you can click on his name and search pics. They've been posted in the MTO thread before. Pretty slick.
post #50599 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

@jzrhwinnj  that is a lot of shoes...how many feet do you have? Can not wait to see the suede Bleeker

 

This is a problem I have never enjoyed before.  

 

 

Quote:

Dalton chili austerity

 

Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

Pics!

 

Here are original pics of the chili Daltons when they landed.  

 

Received black shell Dundees from recrafting today.

 

post #50600 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzrhwinnj View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post
 

@jzrhwinnj  that is a lot of shoes...how many feet do you have? Can not wait to see the suede Bleeker

 

This is a problem I have never enjoyed before.  

 

 

Quote:

Dalton chili austerity

 

Originally Posted by rostov View Post
 

Pics!

 

Here are original pics of the chili Daltons when they landed.  

 

Received black shell Dundees from recrafting today.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

I just wore a pair of older Black shell Leeds yesterday that I was wondering what a different welt color would look like...Thinking of wearing the hell out of them over this winter and getting the recrafted with something in a different welt and sole

post #50601 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


I just wore a pair of older Black shell Leeds yesterday that I was wondering what a different welt color would look like...Thinking of wearing the hell out of them over this winter and getting the recrafted with something in a different welt and sole

Once mine need a recraft, I was thinking of changing it to look like this Tricker's x Superdenim collaboration make-up with black Dainite sole and natural welt:
post #50602 of 70737
Just got my walnut MacGregor firsts and i noticed something off about it immediately when I took it out of the box.

Anyone care to guess?
du6ury5a.jpg
yjyhuzy6.jpg
uqubysu7.jpg
yre4egam.jpg

Reason enough to return?
post #50603 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Just got my walnut MacGregor firsts and i noticed something off about it immediately when I took it out of the box.

Anyone care to guess? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
du6ury5a.jpg
yjyhuzy6.jpg
uqubysu7.jpg
yre4egam.jpg

Reason enough to return?

Meh, I'm quite tolerant for shoes that are on discount. Especially considering how far the shipment has to come to get to you.

But that's me. I think my long branches are lasted slightly off center like that too. I got them for 219$.

YMMV as per usual.
post #50604 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchidiot View Post

Just got my walnut MacGregor firsts and i noticed something off about it immediately when I took it out of the box.

Anyone care to guess?
du6ury5a.jpg
yjyhuzy6.jpg
uqubysu7.jpg
yre4egam.jpg

Reason enough to return?


I'm completely missing it (and I am myself today returning a pair of McGregor "firsts" today).

post #50605 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by WICaniac View Post



I'm completely missing it (and I am myself today returning a pair of McGregor "firsts" today).

The left shoe's entire wingtip piece is a bit off center. The fact that it took a while for me to see it, even with close inspection of zoomed in photos of the shoes being side by side makes me think I would keep them... especially if it's as much of a hassle to exchange them as I can imagine it is.
post #50606 of 70737

Wearing brown grain Kiowas today. (Yes, I'm wearing white socks.)

post #50607 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


I just wore a pair of older Black shell Leeds yesterday that I was wondering what a different welt color would look like...Thinking of wearing the hell out of them over this winter and getting the recrafted with something in a different welt and sole

Once mine need a recraft, I was thinking of changing it to look like this Tricker's x Superdenim collaboration make-up with black Dainite sole and natural welt:


They look similar to the boot I just ordered...otherwise that is probably what I would have done.  Maybe chili with double sole and mini tap lug. Or maybe black welt with white stitching...I am a good 4 months away from this project.

 

 

Warning: boot (Click to show)
post #50608 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatpsu View Post

I'm not extremely happy with the finishing on the Macneil.  They look dead compared to my Leeds that I stripped down a few months ago (photo below, this was taken without a recent polish and fresh off a long-haul flight from Singapore).  I'll be breaking out the Renovateur and removing the factory finish as soon as I get a spare minute.  Going to try some VSC that I just got instead of the Reno that I have been using.  




Four pairs of shell Shoebank seconds since May...I'm done for a while.

Your photo appears to confirm my shell burgundy Leeds and Macneil aquisitions (also from the Shoe Bank). My burgundy shell Macneils are a much darker shade compareded to my Leeds.

Thanks for posting nick!
post #50609 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycru View Post
 

Wearing brown grain Kiowas today. (Yes, I'm wearing white socks.)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

wow not one can complain about a stubby toe cap on those...they are cool looking

post #50610 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper1924 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickatpsu View Post

I'm not extremely happy with the finishing on the Macneil.  They look dead compared to my Leeds that I stripped down a few months ago (photo below, this was taken without a recent polish and fresh off a long-haul flight from Singapore).  I'll be breaking out the Renovateur and removing the factory finish as soon as I get a spare minute.  Going to try some VSC that I just got instead of the Reno that I have been using.  




Four pairs of shell Shoebank seconds since May...I'm done for a while.

Your photo appears to confirm my shell burgundy Leeds and Macneil aquisitions (also from the Shoe Bank). My burgundy shell Macneils are a much darker shade compareded to my Leeds.

Thanks for posting nick!

 

I really wish they would come out with a more to the ruby toned shell burgundy

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...